Map detail problem on V8

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by mvg2, Jun 20, 2009.

1. mvg2

mvg2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doing a little last minute planning for my trip tomorrow and mapsource is being a pain in my ass. When viewing mapsource (regardless of zoom and detail level) it will not let me see local roads. However, the little mini-map up there shows me the local roads.

I swear i used to be able to see them before. So what's the deal? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
  2. mcnut

mcnut Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    What version of MapSource?
    Is the map you want to use (City Nav v8 ??) showing in the "Map" drop-down menu box, upper left?
    Do you have the the "Detail Setting" set to 'Highest" in the "Detail" drop-down menu box?

Sounds like you are seeing just the base map or have the detail setting set low.

Bruce
  3. mvg2

mvg2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup. You're pretty much right. Just had to let the "show map detail" load up on my archaic laptop. Thanks!
  4. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Check your zoom and detail levels.

Then try Ctrl+G, you may have turned detail off altogether
  5. mcnut

mcnut Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Forgot about the "Hide Map Detail" option. Good call Dave! Glad you found it. On slower puters I used the do the same thing....turn off the detail while panning or zomed out.

I have a friend who is not very computer or GPS savvy call twice now with the same problem....MapSource map was blank/blue. Turns out sometimes it will open with the position being the middle of the Pacific Ocean!

Bruce