My Geezer Glide

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by EricD10563, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Low Down

Low Down ADV Misfit

Oddometer:
    Mine is an 07 and I have to really be taking corners hot to get the floorboards to kiss the asphalt. Also, I haven't had much trouble with the dreaded 'pre 09 death wobble' either...

YMMV of course. And another pic in praise of the Geezer Glide:

[​IMG]

:evil
  2. EricD10563

EricD10563 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool picture, I think I need to go for a ride.
  3. dieatomkinder

dieatomkinder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I literally traded my 09 Road King in 2 weeks ago also. Though I thought I had the Geezer Glide, I picked up a Road Glide Ultra. I know what you mean about radio and all that. I'm not going to lie I have yet to use the CB radio on it. Already put 1,500 miles on the bike. When I called to schedule the first service the service guy seemed surprised when I said I got it two weeks ago.
  4. Cakeeater

Cakeeater Long timer

Oddometer:

I know the feeling. I brought my RG Ultra back to the dealer five weeks after buying it to tighten the steering head bearing and I had 11,000 miles on it. It's a funny thing to have to repeat to the service guy.

Cakeeater
  5. scrannel

scrannel Scrannel

Oddometer:
    For some reason I couldn't get used to the riding position. Felt cramped. I know that sounds strange. Couldn't complain about the machine itself though: high quality rolling sculpture.
  6. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    My previous ride was a GSA. Butt being so low compared to my knees felt weird at first on the ultra. I've gotten used to it. Someday, maybe highway pegs, for a long, long trip.
  7. FR700

FR700 Heckler ™©®℗

Oddometer:

Congratulations , now go get it dirty and try to wear it out by riding it

[​IMG]
  8. PMC

PMC riding rider

Oddometer:
    Shocking how many bugs the batwing pics up isn't it.
  9. Old Blue

Old Blue Shallow waterman

Oddometer:
    I was thinking the same thing about my windscreen! And to think all this time before a screen they all ended up in my clothes or on my skin!
  10. FR700

FR700 Heckler ™©®℗

Oddometer:

Locust plague. They were under the tank , in the battery box , bouncing off the bags and coming forward ... :lol3

Batwing did a brilliant job of shielding me.From knee to ankle I was just yellow and green ... every bird in the neighborhood loved me at gas stops that day.

[​IMG]
  11. PMC

PMC riding rider

Oddometer:
    Crazy
    I didn't snap any pics but did a 4 day trip up through the UP of MI with the wife last summer and ours looked very similar after 1000 or so miles through Mi and WI. My wife likes the 15 inch Clearview shield so I can ride through that crap with an open face helmet and not take a single bug to the face.
  12. Low Down

Low Down ADV Misfit

Oddometer:
    That's one really nice thing about riding in colder temps.... less bugs. :lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. EricD10563

Oddometer:
    I'm loving the added protection from the lowers, batwing and heated grips. Went for a short ride yesterday and I was very comfy in the 40 something degree weather, Gerbing jacket didn't hurt. Feel sorry for you guys who are rdiing in real cold weather, but I feel your pain rode for six years in NY year-round. BTW the bugs and debris suck on the batwing I was much more casual with the clear windshield on the Road King, won't just take a wet rag and clean that pretty painted batwing. I'm a little OCD to say the least, guess it helped when I traded in the RK; it was clean really clean. Thinking I need to head West or South this week for a road trip. A little over four weeks rode 2000 miles and I planning road trips everyday, did 62k miles in less than 4 years on the RK: that might be a goal. Enjoying the posts, ride safe everyone!
  14. bobobob

bobobob IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Oddometer:
    Pledge. :1drink
  15. FR700

FR700 Heckler ™©®℗

Oddometer:

:nod

aussie version

[​IMG]

Furniture cleaner.

Cleans , waxes and polishes in one hit. Bike shops love it.

16. bobobob

bobobob IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Oddometer:
    Just the thing for a quick buff and muff.

[​IMG]
  17. EricD10563

Oddometer:
    Is that Barry Sheene, been a long time?
  18. FR700

FR700 Heckler ™©®℗

Oddometer:
    :nod

Circa 1980 . Riding for Yamaha Akai YZR500.
  19. EricD10563

Oddometer:
    Update on my Geezer Glide, been four months and 5,300 miles; the bike is running like a top. I've added a a Stage One kit about 2300 miles ago, Power Vision EFI controller, Fuelmoto air cleaner and Jackpot mufflers. Bike was pinging and so far so good since the Stage One, gas mileage sort of sucks compared to my old Road King. I'm averaging about 37 with lows around 33 and highs around 42. Speed seems to be the determining factor, above 75mph I start to take a big hit. The Road King got a consistent 42mpg, have almost run out of gas misjudging my range and gas stop a few times; have to remember I don't have the range of the RK(my fault). Bike is a dream on the highway, smooth, can hear the radio, no turbulence at all.

Kit ready to be installed
    [​IMG]

All done

[​IMG]
  20. vaexplorer

vaexplorer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dang you... got me thinking about a Glide. Ride a RK now but I like having still air. I have a Clearview Recurve and it's much better than stock, but still a bit turbulent. Curious about a Glide now... might have to do a test ride.