LED Auxiliary Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Aug 5, 2010.

1. michigan400

michigan400 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I just ordered 2 of the M61's and 2 waterproof connectors. Also just noticed these only pull .6 amps!! Great for me because my trail tech stator puts out only about 110W max. I prefer a H4 headlight for my main light so 60W is gone right away minimum. But,,,, now I can run 2 of these and a 70/65 osram bulb. Perfect!! I really dig the bigger reflector and the fact they are still very small. Can't wait,,, I love new toys!!!

I'll post pics as soon as I can but we are elbow deep in snow now so it'll probably be a while.

Sanjoh, is the model 30 beam approx 15 degrees as well?
  2. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let me get a pic. The M64 is much larger and heavier than a M60, due in part to cast aluminum housing on the M64 and the depth of the reflector.

The light will swivel up down on the mount bracket. It will swivel up to 90degrees to mount on a vertical surface.
  3. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your business.

Yes
  4. battlecattle

battlecattle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there a way to get a static camera shot that shows every light you offer? You did it with the new ones 61, 62, 64 but the 30, 44, 60 have no comparison.

Thanks
  5. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    The 30, 44 and 60 all use the same housing and mount system, the internals are the only difference.
  6. Downs

Downs KK6RBI

Oddometer:
    looks like those square units would be great headlight replacements :D
  7. battlecattle

battlecattle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I meant light output.. in the same field as the new ones. Sorry for being unclear.
  8. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great idea!

Coming soon.
  9. knightbiker63

knightbiker63 JK

Oddometer:
    Ok...I have read all 203 threads and am now convinced these are the lights I have been looking for. My question for anyone out there is this... I drive my Vstrom 650 65 miles back and forth to work on interstate highway from Rhode Island to Boston, Mass. (mostly highway...some backroads when time permits or traffic is too heavy.), I am torn between two Model 44 or two Model 60 lights...I want to run them day AND night but not blind other drivers. Your dimmable on low-beam and full power on high beam is just what I am looking for also. I do plan some fun rides in VT / NH this summer. Either would improve my drive home at night but I have always felt you can never have too much light when there are deer/coyotes/moose ready to dart in front of you. My off-road use is limited. I guess I am asking for opinions from previous buyers in the same situation. Thanks in advance for all input.
  10. pfdskipper

pfdskipper Westside Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dont worry, you'll wonder why you waited so long after you see what you have not seen. Just look through this thread and see how many folks are unhappy with these lights.......very few complaints compared to of a whole bunch of "hell yes these are great lights" comments.... :deal
  11. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good idea. Would it be possible to put some object in the pictures as well? .... such as a human, motorcycle, or something common so viewers have an object for reference for judging the beams of the various lights? It would help us determine which lights would fit our needs.:nod
  12. dljocky

dljocky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not mechanical at all, but I know I need some AUX lights for my DR650. I'm confused as to how they hook up? Is there a way that I can hook them up so that the AUX lights, when turned on, stay on whether or not I'm running low or high beams? Does one need the "dimmer" switch? Does this dimmer work like the dimmer switch in a car, or is there something else to it, ie, like a dimmer switch a person migh put on their wall switch for a dinning room light?

I was thinking of the getting the Model 30, but since the M61 has come out, I'm now thinking about this. I wonder if I would need a dimmer with the M61's as they put out less light? I'm trying to keep the cost down, while just increasing my night time safety. When I'm riding with my DR650 lights on bright, I almost have sufficient light, so I'm thinking just a bit more and I would be good. Thanks all.
  13. michigan400

michigan400 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can hook them up to work any way you prefer. You would only need a off/on switch of some kind if you want them seperate from main headlight. The dimmer would simply reduce power to the lights,, dimming them in increments. You would pick a setting for dim, and then you switch to high beam they go to full power.

I have a set of m61's coming now and also a model 30 that I've had for a while. I know the 30 is 1500 raw lumen and the 61 is only 900 but due to the much larger single reflector I expect the single 61 will be equal to or greater than a single 30 in terms of useable light. Maybe sanjoh can comment on that better than me. Just my 2 cents.
  14. rollinrob

rollinrob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Want to put some model 30's or model 44's on my Bandit 1250, probably mount on the holes that the fork mounted reflectors use, like the picture of a model 30 on the web page..

My question is can the light be rotated/clocked in the housing to keep the proper top/bottom orientation of the light beam/spread? Are there any pictures of a light with the yellow Xpel protection?
  15. Low594

Low594 Adventuring Creep

Oddometer:
    Yes the light housing can be clocked in relationship to the mounting bracket, but the beam is round with no top/bottom/side, so it only affects how the face looks when its off and you are looking into it!
  16. SiBC

SiBC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am really looking forward to seeing more pictures and reading more info. Really interested in some comments on the effective range of the three new lights. Also, are the new lights compatible with the crash bar mounts, and are there any lens protection for the new light in the works.

I have read the whole thread and waited patiently for the new sets of lights. I am in need of a set of aux lights to help out my poor stock light throughout the range (low-high), and can't decide what's the best setup. Maybe a combo of one Model 60 and one Model 64? Maximum light output is what I want, as far as possible down the road, but also right infront of me.
  17. Bobmws

Bobmws Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer:
    You'll get more light from the 60's on high beam. With a dimmer you can get the same amount of light for low beam usage from either light and not offend oncoming drivers, just have to dim the 60's a bit more. I went with this setup with 44's for my new-to-me bike because I like the way it works on my sidecar rig. The dimmed floods light the side of the road in a manner similar to the fog lights on my Camry. Iv'e not been flashed by an oncoming driver in 5000 miles.
    High beam lights everything!
    As for service, I ordered at O-dark thirty on thursday morning and had them in my mailbox saturday, thanks John.
  18. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    You can wire them however you want. Think about how you want to use them and post here or wire them up accordingly. The dimmer works on the lights,so your closest example given would be the dining room lights.

I'm running 3 lights, 2 30's and a 60. Not all at the same time though. My Dr650 is still running the stock stator and only puts out 200w. Running 120w of aftermarket lights sucks the batt down a bit. I used the 30s for corners and the 60 for an additional headlight. I mounted the 60 on a plate that hooked up on the fork mounts and on the lower bolt for the headlight cover. It sits just below the headlight now,does a great job too. The 30s are right by the reflectors. I just added a hole to the metal tabs and they did ok. I'd like to upgrade those or maybe move them while I have the front end off for a revalve/spring job.
  19. 20Fingers

20Fingers GS Giant Alumni Supporter

Oddometer:
    Amherst area Va, have land for guest camping!
    Need to know what mounting hardware for my 2012 F650GS Special Edition....Want to run them from my turn signal mounts...any suggestions for installing a pair of Model 60's???:clap
  20. an13

an13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What is the weight of these M61, M62 and M64 lights? They look quite sturdy but are they heavy?