New Classics Book

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Bendernz, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Bendernz

Bendernz Torrential

Oddometer:
    New motorcycle book: "Classics - Great Motorcycles and People"

Geoff Osborne and I have just published a new book about classic bikes called "Classics - Great Motorcycles and People." We've been working on it for four years.

It is only available from this website:

www.apexbikes.com I hope some of you will be interested in a great book and this is also a perfect Christmas present (hint hint).

It's $55 plus postage ( $6.50 in NZ) for 150 pages of motorcycling goodness. (BTW: We are getting great feedback from people who have got in early and read the book - exceeding their expectations is what they are saying).

It’s a high quality publication featuring 10 bikes. There are loads of studio-shot photos of each bike and the words go into detail about the bike, what marque it's from and its place in history. I undertook detailed research before I wrote it.
    The bikes featured are:
    • Graeme Crosby’s Suzuki XR69 – a rare works example.
    • Yamaha TZ750 – is this the greatest Grand Prix motorcycle of all time? This is the bike restored by Al Wilton, who is well known on the site as malcy25.
    • Ivan Miller’s Suzuki RN400 – a multiple championship winner and one of fewer than 30 works models built.
    • From Ken McIntosh’s famous workshop, the mighty Manx Norton, Egli Vincent and Jawa 500 – all showing the engineering excellence that made this small NZ company world famous.
    • Ginger Molloy’s first Bultaco TSS125 – featuring a detailed interview with Molloy about his experiences racing on the Continent in the 60’s.
    • Russell Burling’s CZ360 twin port - the ultra rare CZ model that changed the motocross world.
    • John Nicholson’s Triumph TR5 and Yamaha DT1 - both created new directions in sport motorcycling, two decades apart.

Classics has in-depth interviews with motorcycling greats including: Graeme Crosby, John Boote,
    Ginger Molloy, Ivan Miller, Peter Ploen and Stu Avant.

It also features passionate and talented enthusiasts : Ken McIntosh, Alistair Wilton, Russell Burling and John Nicholson.

Here's the cover:

[​IMG]
  2. Bendernz

Bendernz Torrential

Oddometer:
  3. zaTTaz

zaTTaz LOUD NOISES.

Oddometer:
    Noice! It's got just the right amount of words by the looks for my tastes :D
  4. Bendernz

Bendernz Torrential

Oddometer:
    This book is now available from Motomail, College Hill, Auckland.