Texas Adventure Riders check in here

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Tourmeister, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Tourmeister

Tourmeister What's that funny noise?

Oddometer:
    Howdy,

Okay, so I poked around and the closest thing I could find to a thread where Texas riders can all find each other is the NAG thread, which is mostly Austinites. I know for a fact that there are tons of riders in other places! So if you live in Texas and post here, how about posting up so we have a way of contacting everyone. This way we can do a better job of getting out the word for Statewide stuff like trips to Big Bend, dirt riding in East Texas, etc,...

I'm Scott and I live in Huntsville. I ride an R1150GS and I have a problem... :D

Adios,
    MaxxTraxx and svredhand like this.
  2. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    hello -

i'm from chicago, but working in texas for the next few months.. have a drz-400s and will travel.. was actually about to post a thread similar to this one. wondering about ride parks or secondary roads around austin, tx to tear up ;-)

cheers -

phil
  3. AndyT

AndyT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Andy from Seguin here. Originally from Wisconsin, been here about a year. Daily rider is a Concours, also have KLR650, Buell S2, Beta trials. Always interested in a ride. A few pictures from my rides on a lame website here: www.tiegs.com
    Texas definitely deserves its' own forum.
  4. spdtrpl

spdtrpl Red Coat. Dripping Springs, Tx

Oddometer:
    Ready when you are...

Mike - Katy, Tx
  5. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    I don't live in TX, but do pass through there at least once or twice a month.

Would you guys be interested in planning a ride in the Big Bend area?
    lane01 likes this.
  6. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    i saw a ride report a while back of big bend, looked awesome.. i can make time for that. you do much riding there ?
    Rockfish Dave and lane01 like this.
  7. Mack

Mack Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer:
    Do we have to get up before noon?

Wait, I think I know the answer to that question!

Hmmm, I guess I better find out when first light is. :thumb
    hewmongus45 likes this.
  8. AntWare

AntWare Lost In Translation

Oddometer:
    :umph hey, I resemble that remark :lol3

...or go to bed before 3am or whenever we run outta beer, which ever comes first. :1drink
  9. Tourmeister

Tourmeister What's that funny noise?

Oddometer:
    For you guys that pass through all the time, gimme a shout if you are going to be in the Houston area. I am about an hour North of Houston on I-45. If you are here and have a free weekend with your bike here as well, I can show you some fun roads.

I'll be doing a Dualsport trip out to Big Bend and the end of April. Ride out, then two days of riding there, and a day back.

For anyone local to Houston or willing to ride a few hours to get here, I do weekend rides out into the National forests which includes a nice mix of paved and unpaved stuff. Here is a short write up of a ride I did last weekend:

http://twtex.com/viewtopic.php?t=2908

I also do maintenance days. I have everything for doing the OVAD, twinmax, feeler gauges, etc,... Of course, you need to have the engine COLD to do the valves. So that would mean you show up the night before and we do it Saturday. I usually post that kind of event on the Two Wheeled Texans site and will also post it here.

Adios,
    RSquirrel likes this.
  10. Waco

Waco Renegade Sickle Hound

Oddometer:
    I'm president of the Waco Chapter. :1drink
  11. Stephen

Stephen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yo, present!

Hey, Kid!
    Hey, Scott!
    Hey, Mack! You bum.

CycleCat would probably say hi but the Lege is trying to bury him under a pile of bills that they don't have the money to pass.

Yeah, we all oughta put some rides together. I gotta make it out to 'Meisters (red)neck of the woods before it gets hot/buggy.

And I've been thinkin' of a ramble out west of the Kid's fiefdom. It's real pretty out towards Comanche and Moody and McGregor and Stephenville.
  12. Waco

Waco Renegade Sickle Hound

Oddometer:
    I used to go through Moody every time I went to the in-laws in Marbles Falls, but I've gotten lazy and usually take 84 now. Maybe I'll ride out that direction tomorrow.
  13. ChubbyDodds

ChubbyDodds I am a walrus.

Oddometer:
    Hello all! 'Noobie' checking in. My name is Mark and I live in Frisco, TX. Big Bend sounds like a great trip. I'm having a blast just exploring the dirt and gravel roads around these parts. :D
  14. AntWare

Oddometer:
    Hope you don't live around DNT/Preston Rd/SH121 we're in the process of fuckin' up your world :D
    SuddenLee likes this.
  15. formulals1

formulals1 Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mike here from New Braunfels. I have great access to the hill country from here, but not taking advantage of it like I should. That's why I just checked in here - looking to see what rides might be going on. Tomorrows (01/16/05) weather will be perfect & the GS will be takin out to enjoy it.
  16. ChubbyDodds

Oddometer:
    "Hope you don't live around DNT/Preston Rd/SH121 we're in the process of fuckin' up your world :D"

Don't I know it! At least I can cross 121 from the DNT before exiting - well, most of the time anyway. It takes me longer to get out of Frisco than it does to go all the way to 635. :cry
  17. AntWare

Oddometer:
    You can thank us for that as well, we built the interchange a coupla years back :D

Going east/west is gonna get a lot worse before it gets any better.

Here's some time lapse on the interchange for you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. Jeephoto

Jeephoto Low Post Old-Timer

Oddometer:
    Howdy Ya'll,

I'm in Grand Prairie, just west of Dallas.

I read and post on ADVrider, but I don't know if I would be considered an Adventure Rider. All I have are dirt bikes so my riding territory is limited to off road only. I love to travel and I especially like exploring all over Texas; I just do it in my Jeep. I hope to buy a Honda XR650L someday then maybe I can join ya'll on rides.

I'd like to explore the Hill Country, I'd like to ride up the coast from Galveston to Port Arthur, I'd like to ride the Angelina National Forest and I'd like to ride Big Bend. Texas has some great riding areas, I just need a dual-sport to take advantage of it.
  19. ChubbyDodds

Oddometer:
    Amazing pics! Puts the changes in perspective. East/west is definitely a beating already. Fortunately, I don't have to travel that route too often. I just have to sneak across 121 somewhere - Coit, Hillcrest, Preston, DNT. I'm sure all those will be dug up at once! I'll have to leave the day before to get to work on time! :eek1
  20. AntWare

Oddometer:
    They're about to breakground on the DNT mainlanes up to Main St in Frisco, the good news is they had the foresight to build the feeders first so traffic won't be any slower than it is now...not that that is a good thing.

The infrastructure in that whole area is so far behind the residential growth, I doubt it will ever catch up, such is life in the big city.