Reiter pit

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Aquanout, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Aquanout

Aquanout Hooliganantic

Oddometer:
    So what's the deal? Open or not?
  2. WetSideRider

WetSideRider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Depends on your definition of "open".

This coming Saturday and again on December 2, DNR is hosting an "open house" to ride the "Red Line" trail (1.4 miles), and the Blue Line Trail (0.6 miles). First come first served, parking limited. For me that would be about a two hour drive, round trip, 20 minutes bs'ing in the parking lot and a generous 15 minutes per lap, probably bored after two laps.

I think I have some chores to do on Saturday, or at least I hope so.

I'd gladly share the newsletter that comes to me via email.
  3. tod701

tod701 Long timer

Oddometer:
    DNR email from yesterday
    (converted to plain text)

++++++++++++++++

Trick your rig and get ready for a 4×4 adventure at Reiter Foothills!
    Get your 4×4 ready to go! This weekend there is a test run at Reiter Foothills! Photo: Sue Jensen, DNR.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Load up your 4×4 dream machine and head out to the newly constructed 4×4 challenge course at Reiter Foothills Forest. This course will be open for test rides starting this weekend on November 17.
    Do you prefer single-track motorcycle trails?
    Single-track motorcycle trails will be available for test rides as well. Two miles of the Red Line and Blue Line trails will be open during these test rides. Check out Riders Leave First Tracks at Reiter Foothills for more information on the single-track trails.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    The ATV trails are not ready, but we will let you know when you can bring those along to the test rides.<o:p></o:p>
    Please note: Reiter will only be open for limited test rides on the dates listed below<o:p></o:p>
    The nitty GRITTY<o:p></o:p>
    Mark your calendars; here are the dates of the test rides in the 4×4 and single-track areas:<o:p></o:p>
    •November 17<o:p></o:p>
    •December 2<o:p></o:p>
    •January 12 & 20<o:p></o:p>
    •February 9 & 17<o:p></o:p>
    Test rides will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There is limited parking and riders may be turned away until parking opens up.<o:p></o:p>
    Be sure to print your maps before you go:<o:p></o:p>
    •4x4 challenge trails <o:p></o:p>
    •Single-track map - The Blue Line and Red Line are completed and ready to go!<o:p></o:p>
    Your voice counts!<o:p></o:p>
    All riders will have an opportunity to complete a survey that will help the trail development team know how to make the trails even better!<o:p></o:p>
    &#65279;&#65279;Directions<o:p></o:p>
    DNR has 2 miles of single-single track motorcycle trail ready for you to test this weekend . Photo: Jessica Payne, DNR.<o:p></o:p>
    From Gold Bar, head east on State Highway 2. Turn left on Reiter Road just outside of Gold Bar. Go 1 mile and stay to the right at the 'Y' in the road. Continue on Reiter Road for another 3.1 miles. As you approach the 3.2 mile mark you will be turning left onto a DNR forest road (commonly known as Deer Flats Road). As you approach the turn, there will be a tree with two bright orange painted dots, an arrow painted on the road with a big "R," and a DNR sign that says "Entering Reiter Foothills Forest." <o:p></o:p>
    Now for the fun part!<o:p></o:p>
    Don't forget your Discover Pass, your ticket to millions of acres of recreation opportunities on Washington state-managed recreation lands. <o:p></o:p>
  4. guns_equal_freedom

guns_equal_freedom Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :rofl:nod:wave:raabia:wings:bow:poser:jack:drif:ricky:jump:lol2:robin:jive:thumb:pynd:rayof:rilla:happay:super:webers:ymca:getiton:bert
  5. Aquanout

Aquanout Hooliganantic

Oddometer:
    What the fcuk is a test ride? Isn't that what you do in the parking lot before you go riding? Are hikers going to rally and take all the parking spots so no one else can play, or will their numbers be limited as well? I really want to ride my new bike, Walker t'morra anyone?
  6. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    :poser:snore Now the GS guys have somewhere they can get off road all 2.2 miles of it.
  7. n16ht5

n16ht5 ride the night

Oddometer:
    We need someone with a CR500 and a paddle tire..
  8. shrubitup

shrubitup Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer:
    My usual group has cancelled on me for tomorrow. You come O'er here and we go riding. Walker is further away from me than Cle Elum, I swear. :wave
  9. Aquanout

Aquanout Hooliganantic

Oddometer:
    I were just up that way, that's where I bought this here hog. There sure was a lot of that funny white stuff about, ya know, the kind that hurts when it gets up your nose. If I go out to clel-lum I may as well go all the way to Mattawa. :D
  10. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy All,

Two fucking miles of trail, I remember riding in that area for YEARS and the trails went on and on, well beyond the range of most dirt bike gas tanks. But for the sake of the childern it had to be turned into a wilderness even thou its been logged, mined, roads put through it and even folks living there since the first wagon train crossed the Cascades. Yes it sure was and is a pristine wilderness that needed to be preserved oh and shove your fuckin discovery TAX sticker-placard up your environmental terrorist ass. :puke1
  11. Rainier_Rider

Rainier_Rider Gone

Oddometer:
    The stupidity like this is what led me to get a bike with a plate.
  12. woodsrider-boyd

woodsrider-boyd Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer:
    Stop sugar coating it man. :rofl
  13. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well all is not lost, They still allow the Meth cookers to have as much land as they need.
  14. guns_equal_freedom

guns_equal_freedom Long timer

Oddometer:
    If they put up more signs and gates....
  15. Mr. Cob

Oddometer:
    Howdy Joe,

Now thats not a bad idea, put up more gates to keep the good folks out but give keys to the meth cookers or just don't say anything as they go around the gates, and the signs don't forget the signs they must put up signs warning of the bad people and the drugs dealers in the area.

Seriously this is what they do in the National Parks that border Mexico, they shut down entire areas of our National Parks as they WON'T secure our National border and STOP the drug trade and ILLEGALS from coming into our country.

If they do this on a National level why not do it in the "Peoples Republik of Washington" to keep those law breaking Jeep and bike riders in their place. Fuck yeah that discovery TAX should cover the expense of the gates and signs. :clap:clap:clap
  16. shrubitup

shrubitup Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer:
    I agree with you but have moved on. Place is dead. Ride elsewhere. You can complain, write letters, do trail work, vote, give money to NMA, etc. etc. - Reiter is dead. Very sickening as it has turned us into helpless, controlled fools who abide by the DNR's creed of Do Not Ride.

The only hope is that the hikers turn to the new opportunity of being eternally stoned and DE-motivated to recreate. Keep their interests urban instead such that they lose concern for a dirt bike in the woods.
  17. Mr. Cob

Oddometer:
    Howdy shrubitup,

I haven't ridden at Rieter for over 10 maybe 12 years, I said fuck it as soon as the started to shut it down and deny trails that had there for decades. Like you, now that pot is legal here in the PRoW, I am hoping the seattlites will just sit around and get high and leave the rest of us the fuck alone.
  18. Aquanout

Aquanout Hooliganantic

Oddometer:
    We don't deserve to have that land, all we do is dump garbage on it. Oh wait, that's someone else who does that. And if I catch tem fcukers I'll not hesitate to dress their garbage with their slowly removed intestines. Anyway, I'm shooting to be at Walker at 930 or 10 t'morra need to work over my new to me bike, we'll call it a TEST ride. :rofl
  19. HH

HH Dahlonega GA Supporter

Oddometer:
    thought i would run up to reiter tomorrow, but i looked at the calender and it is closed this weekend :cry:cry:cry
  20. super samurai

super samurai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i used to wheel reiter in my rock buggy,it was awsome. bikes and wheelers all got along good too! one time we camped at the rock garden on thursday, on friday a bunch of guys said we would have to move or be subject to the 24 hour endurance race they were starting, we said great it will be good entertainment! and it was.
    i seen the pics on my local 4x4 forum and am dissapointed, looks like a gravel 200ft section flat and youd have to go out of your way to climb the rocks they placed. not worth my drive.