Schuberth Helmet Files - News, Discussion, FAQ

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Trophy Mike, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Trophy Mike

Trophy Mike w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer:
    We at Trophy Cycle Apparel are thrilled Schuberth GmbH has brought back their fine helmet line to America. Ten years ago we were one of the first U.S. dealers to introduce the original Schuberth Concept helmet later superseded by the C2. It had everything our clients wanted -- quiet ease of operation, ECE rating and the best internal sun visor system in the business. After no recent distribution for a few seasons Schuberth North America contacted us and we naturally jumped back on board. Trophy Cycle Apparel now has the all new C3 in limited release with more product slated to appear over the next few months. Some of the key features of the Schuberth C3:

* Aeroacoustic wind tunnel tested extremely quiet low noise rating (84dBA at 100kmh/62mph)
    * One touch flip-up chin bar and anti-fog retractable sun visor
    * S.T.R.O.N.G. Fiber Shell Construction and Modular EPS Inner Liner
    * Weighs only 3.6 lbs
    * DOT and ECE-R 22.05 certified
    * Anti-Roll-Off-System ensures helmet from pivoting off head from behind
    * Removable washable COOLMAX pad system
    * Easy-change Pinlock Visor is double glazed for condensation free operation
    * Active chin/visor venting and air intake, passive ventilation prevents CO2 concentration
    * Fully-integrated Bluetooth communication system available
    * Dedicated models for Men and Women (designed for smaller head and narrower face)
    * 5 yr warranty plus 3 yr accident replacement (details to follow)
    * Made in Germany

(our direct Schuberth link)

Schuberth has before and with the new C3 remains our "pick" for the best modular flip-up helmet. Nothing else combines its low profile, low noise and low weight. That's why we don't sell its competition. Whether it be a helmet, jacket, glove or boot Trophy Cycle Apparel searches out the best possible product and makes it our sole recommendation. No second or third tier merchandise, no closeouts on pedestrian gear, no stuff just to fill space cyber or otherwise. We are selective, to a fault, which accounts for us hosting Schuberth along with such higher-end brands as Vanson, Rukka, Held and Vendramini.

Your questions and comparisons are all encouraged. For immediate off-forum response call us at 800-315-9935 anytime or email info@trophycycleapparel.com. We are getting more manufacturer news daily to help make this thread a useful discussion and reference source for anyone who has owned or is contemplating a Schuberth. Welcome back.

Michael Shapiro aka Trophy Mike

Attached Files:

2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Thread title updated, let the talk begin :thumb
  3. Sewerat

Sewerat Cert. bike whore

Oddometer:
    When will they be in stock to try on? I want a black on but not sure Medium or Large? Just depends on what stories I have been talking about that day :norton
  4. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    I'm interested, but with misgivings. My Scala Q2 equipped Nolan N103 is falling apart, and the space between me and the chinguard was so tight that the Scala boom mike, even without the wind sock, literally rested against my teeth. It made for some very uncomfortable riding!

So I think the Schuberth is going to be one of those things I try on for size before hitting the buy button. Looking forward to seeing one in person!
  5. Trophy Mike

Oddometer:
    Hello Sewerat,

Men's Medium covers 56-57cm/22-22.4", Large covers 58-59cm/22.8-23.2". Have both sizes. Women's also due shortly.
    Note that Canadians can order through our MapleafMoto affiliate with NO TAX.
    That goes for the "wife" too.
  6. Trophy Mike

Oddometer:
    Hello Boondox,

We've heard of the tight space issue occurring with some 103 wearers. This should not be the case with the Schuberth as it offers ample area for its SRC system. Keep in mind also that the C3 set-up is easily installed or removed by the owner -- one less reason your entire helmet would get tied up if the system ever needed service or replacement.
  7. Shane Stump

Shane Stump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It is an EXCELLENT combination! I have had the C3 for a year and a half and I have had the SRC since June.

Best Regards,

Shane
  8. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Get the hi-Viz yellow version here in the U.S. and I'm in - replacing my trusty C2. :wink:
  9. Trophy Mike

Oddometer:
    Hey RocketMoto, expect to see the Hi-Viz in Spring along with other colors as this release moves along.
  10. KCDakar

KCDakar What are we waiting for?

Oddometer:
    I was very happy with the fit of the new helmets but found that I could not put my eye glasses on when the helmet was on. I have a Concept that really needs to be replaced and can put it on with my glasses already on. I couldn't do that with the new ones and still couldn't do it with the helmet on and putting the glasses on after.

After closely looking at how they had the liner installed we found that the way the liner was made at the cheek pads it made it very hard to get the glasses on and when you did they made the glasses not fit in the right place to see. :brow

My hope is that they have worked this out. I need a new helmet...:thumb
  11. Rabbitson

Rabbitson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had a Schuberth S1 Pro for a couple of years and I must say I'm impressed by how quiet it is, nice kit. Night and day compared to my Arai RX7
    (I even had to buy a louder pipe to compensate :D )
  12. Trophy Mike

Oddometer:
    Hey Rabbitson, sorry about the unexpected expense. Perhaps Schuberth should include a pipe upgrade allowance though that could be heading in the wrong direction. :*sip*
  13. Trophy Mike

Oddometer:
    Hello KCDakar,

Did you try on eyeglasses with a Schuberth C3 or another model (perhaps older or European-only)? We have clients whose main concern was eyeglass fitment say that the new helmets are very comfortable. You may do better with the womens-specific C3W available next month which even displays a small eyeglass logo on the inside liner signifying it as "eyeglass friendly".
  14. Sir Dave

Sir Dave Big Dave

Oddometer:
    Have read as many evaluations as I can find. One recurring problem with the helmet seems to be the sun visor dropping down unexpectedly. Apparently the mechanism for the sun visor loosens over time. I wonder if this has been addressed and corrected?
  15. KCDakar

KCDakar What are we waiting for?

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the response. I tried on all the different ones that they had at the Redmond Rally. I could not get the glasses on with any of them. I will see who will carry them close to me and try them again.

I really do need to get a new lid.

Thank you.:thumb
  16. Trophy Mike

Oddometer:
    Hey Sir Dave,

While sheer force like banging the helmet flat on a table (not recommended) may cause the sun visor to drop we haven't experienced this problem while riding. What you try to achieve here as a manufacturer is smoothness of operation with gloved hands without it being unduly stiff or loose. We believe the latest Schuberth sun visor mechanism accomplishes just that.
  17. Shane Stump

Oddometer:
    Keep one thing in mind with the S3 ... there isn't a lot of room for thick speakers. The speakers that come with the SRC system are very thin (and much more comfortable in the helmet than the first two sets I had were)!

Best Regards,

Shane
  18. Shane Stump

Oddometer:
    Dave,

I have NOT had that problem! The only real problem I have had with the C3 is the original helmet air chin shield (NOT THE VISOR - whatever they call the part that clips onto the helmet under the chin area to block airflow) would poke into my Adam's apple if I leaned my head down. So I took it off and the noise level rose a little bit in the helmet (as to be expected).

Overall, I am very, very pleased with the C3 + SRC helmet. I do have a backup helmet coming over from Europe and I am curious to see how I like the Caberg compared to the C3!

Best Regards,

Shane
  19. Trophy Mike

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you approve of the new SRC design. Cabergs have always seemed a hard fit for some. Let us know how they compare for you.
  20. Shane Stump

Oddometer:
    I am only getting Caberg as a "backuip" helmet. I have always maintained an inventory of two helmets and my other helmet is now 5+ years old! The only reason I didn't order another C3 is the price!! The Caberg + it's bluetooth is only 40% the cost of the C3 + SRC!

I will let you know how I like it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Shane