Bradshaw Trail

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by BeeDub, Jan 6, 2008.

1. BeeDub

BeeDub Havagoowan

Oddometer:
    Anyone got the gps tracks for the whole route? I'm looking to ride from Corona to the river and keep it mostly dirt. There's a group of guys who are doing a ride out there soon, and I might go to meet some new friends and check it out, and have some fun, but I don't think their ride is going to cover the whole territory. Anyone, anyone?
  2. mikeyb

mikeyb Just some guy

Oddometer:
    Here are my tracks from last year's Bradshaw Bomb Run.
  3. BeeDub

BeeDub Havagoowan

Oddometer:
    Thanks man, that makes up a serious chunk of what I'm trying to put together. Hopefully, someday I can pay back with more dirt routes that cover everything! As I drove down the 95 today, I saw a lot of pole line dirt roads, so I know it's gotta be possible once we get out of the suburbs of SoCal. Looks like the point where you hit the river is quite a bit south of where we need to end up. That part won't be a big problem because that where there is more desert and more dirt roads. Now I need to try to find something from Corona/Riverside to the Salton Sea where you start. Originally, from what I've read, the Bradshaw Trail started in Riverside. Maybe this day and age, there's no way it exists anymore, but maybe we can at least find a nice 2 lane road to ride on for a while...
  4. cured1

cured1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't know when you need this info by but I'm riding the Bradshaw Trail from the 78 to the Salton Sea on the 16th of this month.

I'm not GPS savvy yet as I just ordered my first GPS the other day and it should be here next week.

I'm assuming though that I should be able to help you out with what you are looking for.

I also have a book at home with that lon/lat coordinates for the trail in it. I could try and scan that into the puter and send it your way if that helps.
  5. Moraflex

Moraflex Banned

Oddometer:
    I was kicking around the idea to take the bradshaw to the river then up 95 to the mojave trail, then mojave trail to Barstow, then back to Los Angeles...Any thoughts. Possible in early March.
  6. cured1

cured1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on doing the Mojave trail in March, sounds like you're heading the opposite direction than me though. I'm planning on riding from baker to laughlin the 14th and 15th, then spending a night or two in Laughlin for my birthday before heading back towards LA. I don't have to be back to work till the 19th.
  7. Moraflex

Moraflex Banned

Oddometer:
    My intention is to take a few days camping along the way and taking my time doing the ride. I believe it's almost 200 miles of dirt. The only thing holding me back is I dont have a steering dampner installed on the beast yet and I don't intend on doing an install till later this year.
  8. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:

Did you mean the 395 or the 91?

I don't know about dirt all the way to Salton Sea, but you could hit Cajalco Rd. to Ramona Expressway to State St. in Hemet, take that south until it turns into Sage Rd, continue to 79 to S22 to Borrego Springs and from there you could take the northern route to Salton City or southern to the 78 to Ocotillo Wells and hit one of the washes east to the Salton Sea.

Be a nice ride on a 650, not so nice if you ride a smaller machine...

Thanks
    CA Stu
  9. BeeDub

BeeDub Havagoowan

Oddometer:
    Oh man, thanks Stu! Sorry for the late response, I'd totally forgotten about this thread for awhile. I will check all this out one day, but the Mojave Road is first, at the end of April!

About the freeways, I think I was talking about the east end of the trail, actually what I posted, the 95. I see now as I re-read my post that it doesn't seem to make sense. I had just gotten home from the river, and was on the 95, looking out at the pole line roads. I think what I meant was that we could find a route from the end of the Bradshaw, up to Earp, where we'd need to get to.
  10. Moraflex

Moraflex Banned

Oddometer:
    The bradshaw trail has but 1 intersection near AMY's wash. After that it goes all the way to the farmlands and the river. It's almost impossible to loose your way on it. It's a 60mph dirt road....Very fun. While your out there visit the Opal mine and dig up some fire agate. I just did it three weeks ago.