Therma-Rest/sleepingbag interface??

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by matkal, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Scary Hat

Scary Hat Consigliere

Oddometer:

I'm sure the ideas about spray adhesive was a joke... The tool liner which
    you can buy in a roll actually works well...
  2. eskimo

eskimo gunga-galunga

Oddometer:
    I decided after a bit of camping last weekend that the problem isn't just slidiing around, it's that my ass is way too fat to love the 20"-wide thermarest I've used forever.
    The Big Agnes system looks good, but most require the 20" pad.
    Voila -- Alps Mountaineering Air Pad in xl size. 30" wide, almost like a twin bed and it has little grippy things on the bottom. (Alps Mountaineering makes a variety of different pads, all less pricey than thermarest.)
    This honker is a big outsized on the bike and the mid-sized, 25" is arguably better a better fit for motorcycles.
  3. MNwilly

MNwilly RIP, my friend...

Oddometer:
    The Therma Rest will fit in the Big Agnes bag. As far as insulation goes, that's what the pad is for, plus they have multiple bag/pad combos. I've slept in my Encampment, with the Therma Rest, well below freezing. Very cozy, of course I am from Minnesota.:D
  4. kootenay kid

kootenay kid Lets Ride

Oddometer:
    I have the final solution. Next time you set up your tent, set it up on FLAT ground. Then you wont slide:lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 . Sorry, just had to do it.:wink:
  5. TonyA

TonyA beta tester

Oddometer:
  6. BeemerChef

BeemerChef Wandering Homeless

Oddometer:
    I thought I was the only one... and I just paid $700+ for my home mattress!
    No joke at all... camped 174 nights last year... and their pad is just unreal... told them too...

Be well... Ara
  7. CA_Strom

CA_Strom Cunning Linguist Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Temples of Syrinx (Treasure Valley Idaho)
    Another vote for the Big Agnes (BA) system. I just returned today from a week long camping trip on Catalina Island (Boyscouts), and my BA Encampment bag/aircoore insulated pad worked great. On one of the seven nights, we paddled to a beach and camped on the sand. Everyone else bought cheapie blow-up air mattresses and they struggled all night trying to stay on the things. I pulled out the BA bag/pad and was good to go in about 5 minutes.

I'm 6' and about 260, and the BA system is the only "mummy" style bag I have ever been comfortable in. The BA mummy is oversized and it allows you to sleep on your side. Check out bent gate mountaineering for pretty good prices.