Middle Tennessee DS Ride Schedule Q2 2010

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by codyrides, Mar 25, 2010.

1. notarat

notarat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Count me in. That works out pretty well for me since I need to pick up my parts tomorrow and get them installed and tuned anyway
  2. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:
    hope to see ya there rat ! this should be a good ride if the weather holds out.
  3. codyrides

codyrides The Milkman

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys, got some really good news about the gravel route. I have spent quite a bit of time studying maps, Google Earth and scouting. In addition, I made it over to Kinko’s today and printed my TDOT map of Hickman County. It is three feet tall and four feet wide. :huh

In half an hour of looking over my new map, I figured the following out. I believe it to be about 95% accurate.

There are 75 water crossings in all of Hickman County. Our route will take us through 40 of them. It is an out and back run, about 35ish miles in one direction. All said, it is good for about 70 miles and 80 crossings total. It can also be shortened on the fly as needed. Cdq3 is working on a GPS map of it, so we will know just how long it is, and can share it.

How does that sound? :evil
  4. tn-steve

tn-steve Addicted

Oddometer:
    Sounds good to me. Love the gps stuff. Hope this ride is on a day I'm available... back to post one to check....
  5. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    AWESOME ! Thanks Cody & CDQ for working this out. REALLY looking forward to it !
  6. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:

Hope to see you there !
    I wanted to have more dirt (offroad) my self,keep in mind this is all county dirt roads. But the dirt off road is going to have to wate for a bit untill i get 100% permision from land owners to do that run. its rough
    as hell also.

But you guys will like this one. :lol3
  7. mbob

mbob F800S WR250X

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Bob ok, Truck hurt, Buzzard dead!

Today on 840 @ 70mph.
    Glass shards all over inside of cab.
    I tried to miss him by swerving left and he got the passenger side instead of mine.

Don't try this on a bike!
  8. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad you're OK!

I've always wondered if there were any negative things that would happen for "flipping a bird". Now I know.
  9. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:
    glad to see ya ok man !
    I did the same thang a wile back on knobcreek road. the buzzard bounced like a foot ball but got the grille of my truck. (nasty bastards)! hell he even puked on mine.:lol3
  10. rob feature

rob feature pull my finger

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

wow. and yikes!

I knew a bird strike wouldn't be pleasant, but wow. Something tells me a 2mm-thick polycarbonate helmet visor wouldn't take big bird so well.
  11. mbob

mbob F800S WR250X

Oddometer:
    He shook the truck hard. It would take you right off a bike

If hit in head or chest. All's well just $179 installed.

See yall soon.:thumb

Watch out for Turkeys and Turkey Buzzards:eek1 :D
  12. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm gonna throw the 606's on the KLR and get in on this ride.
  13. stanack2

stanack2 IBA #45290

Oddometer:
    Bob ok, Truck hurt, Buzzard dead!

Today on 840 @ 70mph.
    Glass shards all over inside of cab.
    I tried to miss him by swerving left and he got the passenger side instead of mine.

Don't try this on a bike![/QUOTE]

Glad you are OK. :clap Reminds me of the turkey's on the way home from the last ride. :2guns
  14. tn-steve

tn-steve Addicted

Oddometer:
    Ouch! glad your ok. on a bike? good hell, would hate to think of it...
  15. codyrides

codyrides The Milkman

Oddometer:
    WOW - one hell of a weekend down this way. Lost power for 24 hours and the internet is still down... Glad to not hear any real bad news from anyone else here on the forums though.

The gravel loop was right in the line of storms. Based on what things look like near my house, I suspect that the loop is destroyed. I won't have time to go scouting before the scheduled ride this Saturday.

Should we just call the ride for the 8th off now, or would some of you guys be interested in scouting with me on Saturday. No guarantee that any of the roads will be passible however.

What do you guys think?
  16. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hell, I'm ready to ride. I actually like scouting missions. I've had Saturday cleared for a week now and I'll be riding somewhere near Thompson's Station come hell or high water!
  17. codyrides

codyrides The Milkman

Oddometer:
    Careful what you wish for, we got BOTH last weekend. :rofl

18. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got the T-shirt two years ago.
  19. CCBJ

CCBJ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i'm in for the ride if we can do it. Of course Cody if you can get your stuff in order to allow you to go for the ride then lets give it a try.

Maybe what ever gravel that got washed away was filled in with some from upstream. It had to stop somewhere. Just giving a favorable outlook on things is all. haha There will be some nasty holes in that water which is what the adventure is all about. I guess we will have some fallen soldiers involved.

I will listen to the wisdom of the local road captains.
  20. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:
    You know me man, i will go for it also. I went out yesterday and rode around close to were we will be. Yea it is pretty bad in places, (there is no road) when you get time take a ride down to highway 7 and look at that, thats unreal man ! But over all i think we might be ok until we get over in hickman were the creek is along side the roads. the roads have caved off into the creeks there. also keep in mind there will not be any road cones or warning signs in places. the county ran out of them and just said every man for him self. so keep a sharp eye in the raod ahead of ya. i was rideing yesterday and no signs,no warning at all.....then there was no ROAD! just a 10 foot deep ditch! (lucky i was running slow) if you take a look at my flickr link below i took a few photos, and one short video. but that was all in maury county...im suer hickman is ALOT worse. But im wiff ya !!! if yall go i will also.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]