Kiwi Mostly On Topic - Off Topic Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Shaggie, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nope, Mandy refuses to buy bike related bits & pieces. Got a lot of chocolates though :huh.

May be having better luck on the protective gear line - my b'days is coming soon, so...
  2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    Santa sneaks me nice parts during the year, if I promise not to tell anyone else.:lol3 He did bring me a pair of GS gloves, but I 'll need to swap them over.

Last year I asked for slim waist and a full wallet, he got that mixed up as well.
  3. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    We got a kitten :clap

My daughter's partner went home to feed their cats, and came back with a ginger kitten. Usual story around here - a tenant moves, and leaves an un neutered cat behind. They were in Aussie for a week, and the mother has been living under the house, now she has moved and left the runt behind. Looks like they are taking him on, so now they have three saved cats.

Santa couldn't afford tyres for everyone, so I missed out....but got a K&N filter instead.
  4. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:

Better start saving for a new engine then, those things only stop large rocks. :deal
  5. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    Yep, all part of the plan - I'm doing a UOA before and after to prove it once and for all. Although all air filters, paper, foam or fabric get better with some dirt in them, the K&N needs more dirt to improve than paper, so maybe a 2nd UOA will be needed.
  6. Shaggie

Shaggie Unseen University Supporter

Oddometer:
    not much for me but my 11.5 year old son got his first set of riding gear c/- trade me....boots (cheap n nasty), jacket (cheap n not so nasty with armour) and awesome grey/white camo textile pant with armour too but are too big argh!!!!

where to find reasonable quality n not too expensive pants for a slim 11.5 year old?

just been out for a wee tootle tho - a great time had by Shaggie n ShaggieSon! :clap
  7. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    I got a new MTB saddle complete with drop nose, whale tail & love groove -absolute bliss.:D
  8. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    You going to put it on the bike sometime?
    :D
  9. bart-nz

bart-nz Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got photoshop. :evil
  10. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Nah I have it duct taped to my butt - makes every chair I sit on feel like a cushion of air :D
  11. bart-nz

bart-nz Long timer

Oddometer:
    I must get one for the DR then
  12. Voltaire

Voltaire Triumphant.

Oddometer:
    Any of you Nelson guys go to the street racing? I didn't even realise it was on. is it run down in the Port?
  13. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Yep check out the nelson ride outs on KB. there were a few of us down there. It is run on the roads around the warehouses & workshops next to the port.
    Usually I go there & hear the roar of thunder & think "yeah i could do this" then I see them wedged into turn one & get real. This year I noticed that the cornering of the mid - back markers in the F3 & classics wasn't particularly death defying so I had a brief Hmmmm moment.

kane wasn't there sadly. bernard Ryan had his grunty guzzi & kevin scruffy triumph rider broke his ankle early on which was a pity. You should book it in. Unfortunately I won't be here next xmas otherwise you would have had a pit hand & accom etc already sorted.
  14. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Windy but cloudy too which kept the temps down.
  15. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:

Wow, you already know what you are doing next christmas?
  16. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Yep. Unfortunately I have to go up to Auckland & catch up with the whanau. When my oldest girl exclaimed the other nite that she didn't know I had a brother (I have three) I realised I should really catch up with them. It would be better if they came down:D - I hate going to Auckland
  17. ztaj

ztaj Jatz

Oddometer:
    I think I'd rather go to Aucktown to see the family.....at least then you can bugger off at will when you get sick of them :D I think I'll be heading up end of the month via East Cape and Cape Rienga. It's been a while since the last visit
  18. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I spent the day flagging at turn 5 'cos they had some no-shows... best seat in the house, almost. The day prior I got to poke & prod half the bikes while scrutineering. You get a better look then than while getting whiplash standing on the front straight :D. The bikes overall were much better presented this year, with fewer fails and for less significant issues. Last year we had a couple of people that should've known better, and a couple of bikes that had never been prepped for racing previously so were quite lacking in the basic race safety items.

The racing seemed a little subdued this year, but then again I never saw turn 1 which is always action-packed. Even the dicing for position round turns 4-5-6, the bikes were one or two lengths apart at best, usually further.

A couple of interesting modern bikes were an F650CS with lots of foreign parts and a fair bit of custom fabrication, and a pair of Honda CR500-based motards with proprietary 600cc big-bore kits ex-USA. One chap said his was doing 93rwhp and 205km/h down the straight at one of the bigger circuits. That's a lotta ponies and a lotta hanging on to a motocrosser!! :eek1 That raw power didn't help them much on the short tight Nelson circuit: they were circulating around 5th place or further down the order.

You must be new in town; it's been run for 27 years. :lol3
  19. Voltaire

Voltaire Triumphant.

Oddometer:
    um....thats Jaffas for ya......27 years....hmmm don't recall it when I lived in Belgrove in 93-95......mind you all my time was spent renovating...grrrr.
    Thanks for the report.:D
  20. Mark_S

Mark_S Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer:
    I've discovered what I want for my birthday

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7EbQjzZbwQM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>