Bicycle thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zodiac, Jul 10, 2006.

1. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    If she is anything remotely close to what my wife is....get a tandem. That way she can take it easy the whole time and still have fun. I got my wife a really nice Trek Pilot 2.1, and she has ridden it all of 5 times.

Next summer.....TACO RIDE!!!! :freaky
  2. Lewy

Lewy Minus the LC8

Oddometer:
    They certainly are.

It rides real nice too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. flip18436572

flip18436572 Broke ex-YMCA employee

Oddometer:
    LC8LEWY,

I really like the simple looks of that bike. I know it is not for me, or at least not yet.

Hey fifth - I bought my wife a bike in August, and she has probably put on 200 miles with it maximum, but she is riding because it is a fun type of exercise for her. We did 25 miles on the trace after she was used to her bike. That was about 15 miles longer than she had done in the past around town. I would really like to get a tandem and ride up to taco night. My problem would be getting her back on the bike after she would have a few beers. :D

We have been there on taco night on the Kawasaki Voyager, but we were there to find out it was going to take an hour and a half to get a table, so we just kept on riding.
  4. playzNmud

playzNmud I love pedal derby

Oddometer:
    OKAY!!!! how far are you from Colorado ??? I would seriously consider it...
  5. playzNmud

playzNmud I love pedal derby

Oddometer:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/78i7wuABlGY&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/78i7wuABlGY&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  6. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    Stick Me rode her Oschner for the first time just now. So far, so good. Shifters down on the DT is gonna take some getting used to (hoopty Schwinn had em on the stem)

Clatterclatterclatter shift smooooooottthhhh

Friction is hard, m'kay

M
  7. AEIOU

AEIOU Wien ist so herrlich hin

Oddometer:
    there you got, just picked it up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my KTM 08 Tombstone!
    Sorry for the weak quality . You can read on specifications on www.ktm-bikes.at

greetings from the land of katoom
  8. flip18436572

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pictures.

We are currently getting more ice/snow/ice/rain/ice/snow crap, so the this is a nice change of scenery. All I am doing is scraping ice and pushing snow.

Have fun with the new bike!!!!
  9. AEIOU

Oddometer:
    thanks, it also getting snowy in here, but more rain in the last couple of days. i havent been riding for a really long time.i hope i enjoy it as much as i did 20 years ago!!
  10. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    Stick Me's Oschner is rideable. Missing a D/A STI right side shifter.

My Access mtn frame is done. :thumb All XTR. :tb I'll get some pics of it later today or tomorrow and post em up. Black, white, and silver. :ricky

M
  11. AEIOU

Oddometer:
    do you mean OCHSNER?
  12. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    One o them werds.

Fat fingers suck.

M
  13. AEIOU

Oddometer:
    you tell me .. thats why i bought my bike in the first place.. maybe work some ounces off.
  14. Barnstormer

Barnstormer Logistique

Oddometer:
    Alleycat, anyone? Sorry if its 205.

B

Linky
  15. flip18436572

Oddometer:
    Yup, I have seen it. Don't remember if it was here or another forum.
  16. Matt

Matt Dirt Virgin

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

I am thinking of getting a Fetish fixie, I think it's called the Attack.

Does anyone have any experience with Fetish?

I am in Australia, does anyone have any ideas on shipping a bike to Australia?

Or, is anyone coming here for a visit and can you ride my bike on the plane? :lol3

Matt
  17. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    Here at least a few times. Its OK tho, there's ALWAYS someone that ain't seen it. :nod

Ride report from yesterday or Stick Me Rides Her Birfday Present for the First Time. Drove out to the 'rents' yesterday afternoon for a few reasons so we/I decided that a road ride was in order 'cause 1. it was sorta sunny, and 2. it was sorta warm. So we trundled down the road in the no-longer-ADVTruck to the 'rents' out in what WAS the middle of BFE.

Go to the secret entrance. Denied.

Go round to the front. Locked.

:bluduh

This is certainly starting out badly... Called Mom who was at the Soc Sec office and she came and unlocked the door, then went back to work(sucks). Stick Me and I got ready to go riding when I realized she didn't have cleats on her shoes for the ATACs I'd put on her bike, didn't have a helmet, and didn't have warm gloves. :baldy So, I had her try on some of my little brother's shoes. Road shoes worked. :thumb That means taking the ATACs off and installing the Look-style pedals from little brother's bike. Yet ONE MORE FARGING DELAY! :bluduh By this time, I'm fairly cranky 'cause it shouldn't be this fucking tough to get two people out the door.

She was wearing a pair of (my?) Specialized winter gloves and little brother's toe booties. Any effort to make riding as comfy as possible 'cause she's still so new at it that pretty much anything uncomfortable makes it no fun. :nod So I sacrifice my stuff sometimes to make her warm. :nod

So off we go. Into the farming community that is Nokesville. By this time, its roughly 1600 hours and guess what?! Rush hour! Thank doG that rush hour out in the country means that there's only certain roads that get 'busy.' The rest? Not so much! :thumb So I took her on the 'hour loop.' Flat. Not too much traffic except for a few roads, and I'd picked a direction that meant we'd be coming at the traffic insteada having it pass us. Better for nervous new cyclists ya know! :nod

So right outta the gate, Stick Me's got it in the big meat and is hammering away. :scratch WTF? This road ain't THAT busy! She continues with the hammer session till about the hill by the recycling bin where she just don't have the skillz to stand and sprint up the hill like I woulda. :nah So she gets bogged down cadence-wise and we crest the top. Bam! Back at it. I goofed up the first turn 'cause it'd been 10 years since I'd ridden out here, but we got slowed down before it was too late.

After a bit, she figgers out her legs are tired. :norton Well, duh. Whaddya want after starting out like that?! So we ratchet down the speed and cruise.

Only one 'oops!' moment with the pedals when we unclipped to wait for traffic. She hadta toe her way cross the intersection 'cause she couldn't get her foot in the pedal. Didn't fall, tho it'll happen...

Got back about an hour later with the first ride on the new bike under her belt. She FINALLY figgered out that clipless pedals are a good thing. I've only been telling her since we started riding. Got home and told her that off-road it helps too 'cause yer feet are attached to the bike and you've got more control, but she's gonna hafta try em out and see for her own self (again.)

There's new houses out on my loop. :bluduh BIG ones. :nod On acres. :nod I'll hafta see what I can do about bringing a camera on the next ride 'cause where the 'rents' house is, is actually quite picturesque for rolling VA farmland. :thumb Miss riding out there! Hop out the back door (when its NOT rush hour) and be riding on roads that are deserted. :ricky

Now I gotta clean the bikes again. We rode thru a wet section and they're filthy! Good thing I replaced my workstand!

Biss naechste mal

M
  18. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    They seem decent enough. :dunno Haven't ridden one, but the prices on the web site seem :thumb

Haven't the foggiest about shipping to Aus. Can't help you there.

M
  19. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Gummee - silly question I know but how do you clean your bikes after a ride (road and/or mtn) ? I know how to clean cars and bikes (hot soapy water) but push-bikes ?

Should be simple I guess....
  20. AEIOU

Oddometer:
    i just saw bad aussee on your avatar, and i thought "he's austrian! cool".. then i got it when i read australia.. cracked me up!!
    ever been to bad aussee?