Tuareg Rally 2012

Discussion in 'Racing' started by divaha, Sep 4, 2011.

1. divaha

divaha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From 18-26 March 2012 the The Tuareg Rally will take place.
    [​IMG]

If you like to see how it was in 2011 watch this short movie on Youtube;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ycsUid_jI

We are there again providing rally service for everybody who wants and competing as well.
    [​IMG]

In this post we will update the preparations of the rally and the rally itself.
    [​IMG]

Hope you will be there too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. schattat

schattat Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  3. divaha

divaha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    schattat, lets use this one for a Tuareg rally discussion. Thanks.
  4. schattat

schattat Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm tempted to go to this one since I don't think my plans for the Baja in Qatar will work out.
    Logistically seen it's VERY convenient for me, plus I have more time to build the new kit on my bike :evil
  5. dakardood

dakardood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go Schattat, go!
  6. schattat

schattat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Steady there :D
    I'm slowly getting the build started, here a teaser. I'll soon start a "build article" as to not steal this thread away :lol3

[​IMG]
  7. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    I'd seen you had the wr kit for sale some time ago, I couldn't figure a way to make a wr road legal where I live or I would have snapped it up. Looks like you kept it and will be riding the bike again, best of luck and look forward to the build thread

:lurk
  8. schattat

schattat Long timer

Oddometer:
    New kit here. The old one was the 30L KTM Adventure tank and fairing combo. This new one consists of 2x 5L rear tanks and a choice of either 6L, 8L or 13L up front :evil
  9. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    signed up last week, now lets see how long it will take for my fitness to improve...pfff... sand training startin n 2 weeks. Will be doing some enduros as well to see if i have any speed at all, tend to toddle along after a little while :rofl
  10. brent tex

brent tex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This looks like a doable rally. Maybe Ill have to give it a whirl. I have always wanted to do a north African rally.
  11. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mmm, i seem to be listed in the Amateur class.. Doh, just read up on the regs and thought the twin class was open to all, well, it is open to all twins but in amateur class only. Sent a quick mail to Rainer asking for an update :D:wink:
  13. gnuttis

gnuttis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello everybody

I,am starting in the Rallye for the first time this year with the Swedish Team. I,am going to do this with my KTM690R.
    This is little about how the bike will look but their are thongs to do so will update later with more pics.

Attached Files:

14. baldricks-socks

baldricks-socks Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've entered this :D

It will be my 1st rally so very excited.

I will be riding my rather abused berg 570(09) and its probably not going to look like the stunning rally bikes i keep looking at :cry

It will be functional rather than pretty.
  15. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since my level is quite low (only started offroading 3 years ago, aged 39 now :cry) and this will be my first 'dune' bash rallye, my approach is quite the opposite. Ill try to look good instead of aiming for a top 3 finish. :rofl

Just got in my new bling :evil That should count for at least 4 hrs less penalty, no?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Picking up my one piece rear tank in the coming weeks.

[​IMG]

Dropped in my engine for a refresh last monday, should be back in a few weeks time;

[​IMG]

Aim is to get to a point close to this bike before shipping the bike 11th of March, but less dusty ofcourse ;

[​IMG]

But Ill probably settle for the rear tank only for now and build the roadbook frame over the summer...

A friend of mine bought Erik Kofman's ex Dakar RXV450 that does have all the right goodies in place, so there will be at least 2 little 450 twins purring through the stages :lol3:freaky
  16. schattat

schattat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice bling bling on 'em rims! :evil
  17. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:

Im learning to waste money on stuff i dont need :rofl:D
  18. brent tex

brent tex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sweet rims, you gonna look good in Morocco.
  19. beaney

beaney rally racer

Oddometer:
    These are the dunes at Merzouga. Look forward to 8hrs in there

[​IMG]
  20. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Ah, the prefect excuse to start watching this thread - in!

Hi Teh' - not sure if you've heard from Rainer yet? - but as far as I'm aware, the Twins run the same roadbook as the Amateur motos rather than the Profi motos - basically because the Profi class are sent down (and up!) some very tight nadgery specials, plus they have additional checks/waypoints at the top of some pretty steep and soft dunes... which I guess the organisation feel are just too much on a larger/heavier bike?

I think because so many riders are on enduro (or at least converted enduro) machines these days, they make the Profi route hard for those riders... That said, you could enter the Profi on a 660/690RR for example, which is no more manageable than a 950 Enduro for example, so I'm sure if you ask the organisation you could run the Profi roadbook on a Twin if you really want too... but having done this event myself on an XR650R rally bike in 2008 (it is excellent by the way, plenty of sand, and big dunes too!), I was glad not to be on anything bigger in the Profi group...

Duh - read the whole thread Morgan! - I see you are on an Aprilia RXV Rallye... (I thought you might have been on a 950SE or HP2) you shouldn't have any trouble on the Profi route on that!!!

Have fun!

Jenny xx