Quit our jobs, sold our home, gone riding...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by lightcycle, Aug 1, 2012.

1. LTFD

LTFD Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been following along for months as you guys are doing what the rest of us only dream about. Your RR does more than share great pictures and stories. Your experiences have inspired this subscriber to believe that it can really be done, and that it doesn't need to be "just a dream."

For that, I can't thank you enough.

P.S. A belated happy birthday Neda. May the journey never end.
  2. bhuwan

bhuwan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So Neda is 1 year old now. Happy Birthday to her (hmm belated one).
  3. pceire32

pceire32 Irish

Oddometer:
    Happy (belated) Birthday Neda !
  4. Easterner

Easterner Just Landed

Oddometer:
    After seeing the title of your RR for awhile I stopped in last week and am now caught up thoroughly enjoying your dream reports.
  5. Animo

Animo Been n00b awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is that Trevor at the pump? Way cool :thumb

[​IMG]
  6. SA Moose

SA Moose Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow, like many others just been following you for a while now. Took a bit of time as I've been reading all and looking at the fantastic pics. To rush through would be the same as if you would be speeding through all the places. From me too, thanks for sharing and putting up the effort to write and post pics. Really enjoyable. Although you realize you do owe me some office time now.:D

Keep in touch when you coming to South Africa some day, we will look after you properly, promise...:thumb
  7. Golden_Cliff

Golden_Cliff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hope Neda and Gene are fine. We are waiting for brilliant smile on your faces and take us further south.:D
  8. salsvstrom

salsvstrom keep ridding

Oddometer:
    Wow amazing you guys are in Columbia. I have to say Im sorry for not keeping up the last couple of weeks. Keep having fun and continue being and riding safe.
  9. nanox14

nanox14 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now that you guys are in SA what are your plans? heading south to Ecuador or Maybe come to Venezuela? the offer for a place to stay is still on,, and don't forget the "almost free" gas here:deal
  10. wldgrice

wldgrice Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Happy birthday, have been reading about your adventure for a while now, the two of you are very lucky to be able to do this. Wish I was their, will never happen, the best I have to look forward to is riding the oregon trail this sept. I'm excited about it but two weeks is nothing compared to what you have done so far. Keep safe and the rubber side down. Walt...
  11. mightys4

mightys4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I read every page, couldn't wait to read the next update every time, fell asleep with the tablet several nights!

Your photos are beautiful and along with most people really enjoy your writing style, its completely enjoyable!

Can't wait to read more about South America!

Thanks for the ride...

Gerry
    2012 BMW R1200RT
    2005 Ducati Monster S4R
  12. EricD10563

EricD10563 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love the ride report, hope all is well with you guys. Looking forward to the next installment!
  13. Kingsized

Kingsized Kingsized Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Really enjoying this RR. So far the thing that had me puckered was ferrying the bikes over to the dock in the little inflatable. :eek1
  14. pboulianne09

pboulianne09 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have enjoyed everything about your report so far. Even through some of the tougher days that you've had both of your smiles radiate how special your trip really is. I'm also lucky enough to have a wife that also loves riding her own bike and travelling. The five year plan for us is that once the kids are out (sorry kids you WILL have to learn how to fly) we sell everything, buy a toy hauler motorhome as our new home and start with North America and work our way down. Majority of travel on the bikes of course.
    Especially love the photography. Keep up the great reports and stay safe.
  15. lightcycle

lightcycle Nomad

Oddometer:
    Hi, just a quick update, we are doing well, but our Internet situation is still dismal, and both our laptops are on their last legs. Will post when we can.
  16. Trane Francks

Trane Francks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad that all is well!
  17. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Neda and Gene,

Remember....this is YOUR trip....and the ride reports are tertiary and should not make you feel obligated to report (not that you do)....do what you are doing....the rest of us can wait. :D

"You can't push the river... " R. L. Gordon
  18. Bad Dad

Bad Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    glad your well....carry on.:clap
  19. gregdee

gregdee Motocampist

Oddometer:
    ...because some of us are living vicariously through you two. This is an awesome RR.

Every few months I pipe up and add my 2 cents but it always seems to be the same sentiment. Just this past weekend my wife and I went out for a ride. Thought we take on Canyon de Chelly, Monument Valley, and Muley Point in just a short weekend. It was way too much, we saw almost nothing but highway and gas stations, and we vowed to be back again with at least a week to spend next time. It's so hard waiting to retire - someone please win the Powerball and pledge to cover me on a 5 year trip! :norton That ought to be enough time, right?
  20. janus

janus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great to hear from you, even if just a peep! Keep safe!

:clap
    ~T