Power Controller - F800gs / F650gs Snatchy Throttle Fix

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by HighTechCoonass, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    Go here... for the web site...
    http://www.wukaking.com

Do you suffer from STS - Snatchy Throttle Syndrome - the jerky throttle on your BMW? Here is the Fix

Whats the problem? Our bikes run very lean! -
    Why is that? because of emissions tuning...
    Whats the fix? give the engine a little more gas...
    How I do it? Tell the ECU the air temperature is lower than is actually is this makes the ECU give the bike a tiny bit more fuel.
    Simple!

This smooths out the throttle response for the F800GS F650GS (and all BMW fuel injected bikes) and gives the bike more HP.

It has a 2 position switch....
    one position to use for 85 deg F and below ( -36 deg F temperature shift) and
    another position to use when the air temp is 85 deg F and above (-18 degree F air temperature shift).

The 2 position switch can be mounted where ever the user prefers.:evil
    =====================================================================

This is basically the same general idea as the Accelerator module and the Booster Plug sold overseas but a with a more refined fuel enrichment control when the temperature rises.

The idea of the switch : The rider may take off in the mountain mornings at 40 deg f and it may be 90 deg F later at noon riding in the desert. A -36 deg F offset to the ECU (the way the Accelerator plug works) is not need when the air temperature gets hot. Only a -18 deg F offset to the ECU is needed when the air temperature is above 85 deg f. Better control for a more precise enrichment.

The switch was a request from riders in some of the development discussions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good question to go over again.....

Blue position- this setting it tells the ECU that the air temperature is 36 deg F cooler than it is. The ECU enriches the fuel (on increase throttle movement and decrease throttle movement only)

Red position- this setting it tells the ECU that the air temperature is 18 deg F cooler than it is. The ECU enriches the fuel (on throttle movement only)
    Less enrichment is needed when air temperature is above 85 deg F.

Steady state throttle- the O2 sensor controls enrichment!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cost: $85 plus $5 to ship
    !:clap

WAL-MART guarantee - if you are not happy with the performance of the Power Controller please return for 100% refund!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OverlandHank

OverlandHank Loves to Farkel

Oddometer:
    Standing by!:ear
  3. 1fastjunebug

1fastjunebug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Didn't think SW La. was part of the US, don't you have a special passport that says "when traveling in foreign countries and can not commuincate with the local ladies, try communicating in braille"?

Greetings from another Coonass. Have 2011 F800Gs that I just bought and the leaness and fueling setup is dodo. Shifitng at anything under 4,000rpm and cracking the throttle brought on - nothing - a dead zone that, if you kept the throttle cracked, the poor thing would eventually get with the program. Just came off a well sorted and farkeled R1200GS which is a transition I know, but this just isn't right. Reminds me of my 2000 RT and the surging issues, that BMW refused to acknowledge and that I threw handfulls of moneyh at and finally got it rideable. Who ever said lean was green????????? Mo green for the inventors like youself, who I will support whole heartedly. Make it happen, Captain CoonAss, I'll be standing in line.

In the mean time, got me one of the "foreign" devices and it helped. Let me clarify: in Houston at 97 degrees it helped some. Didn't get rid of the devile but filed it's horns some.

Just rode this am in the Hill Country with a start out temp of 77, it was mucho moy better. As the day went on, things heated up and got back to camp with sub 90 temps - more city riding, same basic help as in Houston with those temps. .

That being said, a dual range device would be a step up from what I have. Need any back to back comparisons or field trials let me know.

Boudreaux
  4. bodhizafa

bodhizafa How hard can it be?

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in this, I'm on the verge of getting a booster plug and this seems like a good alternative.
  5. Integratedfool

Integratedfool n00b

Oddometer:
    Im in, brand new to the scene here but definitely want to get the throttle smoothed. When are you thinking of releasing these, and will they be "Plug - N - Play"?
  6. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    All of the final parts will be in this week... I am leaving for a Colorado Ride this Friday.... I am thinking I will have a few for sale in 3 weeks...

It will be plug and play.... :clap
    My design-
    It will have a two way switch, -20 and -10 deg C offset.
    It will use the existing air temperature sensor
    It will have an additional air sensor that will extend to the front of the bike.
    It will have the BMW factory connectors that will plug into the factory wiring harness.
  7. ironbutt84

ironbutt84 Time Traveler

Oddometer:
    I'm in! Put me down for 1 as I was just going to order a booster plug. Seriously, put me down for 1! :clap
  8. porschenator

porschenator Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Les Bois- City of Trees.....a/k/a Boise, ID
    Terrific!......rode 'rock gardens" this weekend.......wher this tool would have been perfect......and huge temp swing here in Idaho......started the ride into a river canyon at 7:00 a.m.....temp 44 degrees.....need the ride on a 'ridge road'....temp 103.4 degrees....OUCH!
  9. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    OK I have you all down for one!
  10. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    maybe...
  11. foroffroaduseonly

foroffroaduseonly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    defiantly interested!! Let me know when you can send one my way.
  12. Gangplank

Gangplank Advenchaintourer

Oddometer:
    This sounds interesting... Let's discuss. :woot
  13. foroffroaduseonly

foroffroaduseonly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It is hard to ride wheelies with that jerky on-off power transition :wink:
  14. Gangplank

Gangplank Advenchaintourer

Oddometer:
    How's it coming? Looking forward to when something becomes avail...
  15. Grafspee

Grafspee one bike is never enough

Oddometer:
    Very interested, I will keep an eye on this.
  16. thumper_tx

thumper_tx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i'm in for one also.
  17. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    I am back from my Colorado ride! I hope to put a few together this weekend!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interested! :deal
  19. MSH

MSH The Salt

Oddometer:
    :ear
  20. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    OK gang I have 4 units built and up for sale (and one for me!)... for test market. asking $85 shipped. 2 position switch -18 deg F (red) and -36 deg F (blue). I will include some reflective decals for position indication. Switch is waterproof sealed. The connectors are BMW sealed connectors then I sealed with waterproof tape (rescue tape)then 3M electrical tape. All have been tested on my bike using the GS911 tool.

I am testing epoxy today...they will be ready for shipping Monday.

[​IMG]

this is where I positioned the switch on my bike.....fits well and is not binding (i don't like drilling holes!)
    I will include the reflective tape (red and blue) as shown. The external temperature element is mounts to the inside on the left faring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is the curcuit board wiring in the area between the battery and the air box...
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.