2012 CT110 (Japan)

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Verbal, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Verbal

Verbal Knuckle Deep!

Oddometer:
  2. Starbuck21

Starbuck21 Manly scooterist!

Oddometer:
    That is SO cool! Yes I want one too! I love that neat bag on the downtube also! :clap
  3. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    Drum brakes still? And a 150cc engine would be nice.
  4. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  5. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled...

Oddometer:
    DAMN I wish they could import those. I'd buy one in a heartbeat!! :raabia
  6. cnw126

cnw126 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^ +1

That thing is AWESOME!!
  7. Verbal

Verbal Knuckle Deep!

Oddometer:
  8. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    isn't that just one of the new ones they ve been making and selling down under to the post office ? I wonder if they are now bring back to other country .
  9. Moat

Moat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep... WANT! (damnit)
    Hey Honda - maybe the time is ripe to bring the CT110 back to the States...

With the front rack, enclosed chain and cool shocks, of course.I dig the black rims and crash bars, too. Aaarrghh...:becca
  10. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    Can anyone help me find a site showing the CT-110's in any country's Honda motorcycle lineup? I looked for an hour and didn't find anything.

I was under the impression that they went out of production four or five years ago. I sure hope I'm wrong.

They were last listed in the Austrailian and New Zealand Honda motorcycle lineup as "agricultural bikes" but they're not there anymore.
  11. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    It just isn't fair. But as much as I want one, most people do not, and they would not likely sell here. And they probably do not meet U.S. EPA and DOT standards. I'll bet it still has a carb on it.

A drum brake is perfectly sufficient on a bike that size, and is a lot cheaper to manufacture and maintain. It is also less vulnerable to off road damage. I have snagged and cut the front brake hose on my XT225 twice while trail riding. A cable is a lot tougher, cheaper, and easier to replace. And in a crash, a drum brake does not have a caliper stuck out there on the fork to get smashed. And for off road or dirt road use, traction is the limiting factor in braking anyway, not how strong the brakes are.
  12. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Standard motorcycle maker crap . Usa/canada is a high end market where you ll see scooter eg bmw new hit the streets but not others they make. From what I understand 1/2 million bikes and scooters are sold in this market every year. Honda sold 800 000 scooters in just tyeland last year. In Mexico honda has the 150cc honda cargo bike for 1800 bucks. Thats cheap but you ll never see it here. You could buy one and bring it back to Canada but I don't know if you could do that for the USA. The day you see people going shit we need bike for daily trasport because we can't afford the gas for a car then you ll see bike like the ct110 come back. I just wondering doesn't someone bring in a china clone of the ct110 to the usa?
  13. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    About 10 years ago, when they were still being manufactured in Mexico, and sold for about $8000 brand new, I tried to find a way to bring a brand new air cooled VW Beetle into the U.S. I was tired of all the problems I was having with my old beat up rusted out bugs. Basically I was told "no how no way" They actually could be brought here, but could not be legally registered here. I think the EPA and DOT are a big part of the reason we don't get a lot of cool bikes here that you can get a lot of other places. It costs serious money to "certify" a vehicle for the U.S. market, that CT would likely have to have a disc brake, different turn signals, fuel injection, a catalytic exhaust, etc, etc. By the time they did all that it would cost way more than anyone would be willing to pay for it. And I'm afraid a Chinese copy would turn out like the Chinese clone of the Big Ruckus, basically junk. A real Honda CT110 is a bike you can count on to take you pretty much anywhere. Without breaking down.
  14. hayasakiman

hayasakiman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    950,000 YEN = 10914.55 USD = Not for me.
  15. Verbal

Verbal Knuckle Deep!

Oddometer:
    I can't find any Honda sites showing them for sale. But I looked up the shop that put the video up:
    http://homepage3.nifty.com/cilindro/bike1.htm

I have no idea what any of that says.
  16. Verbal

Verbal Knuckle Deep!

Oddometer:
  17. Aj Mick

Aj Mick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Likewise, last time I looked in at the Honda motorcycle line up the CT110 was there, but now it isn't. It had been in the lineup since 1966, albeit as the CT90 way back then.

My father bought one for the farm that year, and I soon learned to ride it; it was expected so i could go out and do chores on it. A few years later, a couple of weeks after I turned 15 I got my licence on it.

Good to see that it has had an update, and hopefully it will be back on the market in a few countries again before too long!

Another change I noticed is the CTX200 now has a manual clutch, and they are making a virtue of a lever that allows a rider to dismount and lock the clutch disengaged. as i recall, it used to have an auto clutch, which is really convenient for farm work.

http://www.honda-motorcycles.co.nz/BikeModel/99/ctx200
  18. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    The CTX200 looks like a nice bike but it's basically the old XR-200 in a street-legal form with racks. For farm use where you'd be getting on and off of it all day long I'd think the CT-110 with it's step-through frame would be superior for this use. On the other hand given that the XR-200R was at one time the state-of-the-art in smallbore enduro bikes (although that was 25 years or more ago) it might be more fun to ride at a spirited pace. "Gee, dad, the fence line sure needs to be run again..."

Guess I'll be forced to continue to hunt for old junquers to get my CT fix. Thanks again for the links to the vids.
  19. snakebit

snakebit growing old disgracefully

Oddometer:
    The first Honda trails came out as 50 and then55 cc probably starting in 1960 in the U.S. I had one in 1964 and it was several years old. Traded up to the Sport 90 later that year. Wheeee
  20. hayasakiman

hayasakiman Been here awhile

Oddometer:

It looks like they are importing those bikes from Australia to Japan. Those models are supposed be for mail carriers for AU Postal Service. Engines were made in Kumamoto, Japan.