Water crossings in the rain

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by revolut10n, Apr 11, 2013.

1. revolut10n

revolut10n Adventurer

Oddometer:
    <object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9n80cafzp0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9n80cafzp0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

It seems like it's always raining around here. It was probably all this rain that has caused the flooding that's being going on, not that I was aware of it prior to my ride last Saturday..

That said, it was with some surprise that whilst I was riding in the rain last Saturday on Tolt Hill Rd between Carnation and Duvall that I noticed that there were some areas that had been flooded over. Now, prior to that day, I'd never done any "legitimate" water crossings, so I figured that this was my lucky :rilla day, especially since I was taking my new-to-me GoPro Hero 2 out for it's maiden voyage.

With a close look, you'll notice that the section on W Snoqualmie River Rd NE was cut a bit short on account of what appeared to be an "official looking" vehicle with lights on approaching. Fortunately, I was able to head into Fall City and re-approach from the south where I found the deepest water toward the very end of the video.

Though it was a lot of fun to ride, I'm sorry for the video quality. Apparently I need to put some Rain-X or something on the outside while riding in the rain so the droplets roll off. Also these are my 1st crossings and I'm guessing not terribly deep compared to what some of you have done! :D
  2. thumperpilot

thumperpilot Thumper Pilot

Oddometer:
    You need an airboat instead of a motorcycle. :lol3
  3. revolut10n

revolut10n Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd love one of those, too! The more toys the merrier, right? :wink:
  4. thumperpilot

thumperpilot Thumper Pilot

Oddometer:
    Yep.

You'll have fun with the Go Pro. However watch out for fogging on the lens. I've had several of my videos degraded because of minor internal fogging.

5. revolut10n

revolut10n Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yeah, that's part of the reason why the video quality isn't all that great; especially toward the end. I found that the lens area had a little fog on it.

To combat that, I bough some of those silica packets to put in the camera housing the next time I go.