Long Island Tag O Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Joebmetro, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Joebmetro

Joebmetro 18 Husky 701E Supporter

Oddometer:
    1. Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location preferably more than a mile from the previous post, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located. Or you can have them follow you there. Make the clues clear and easiiy understood.
      • Try to place the tags in interesting locations, not 15 feet down the Coney Island boardwalk when the original was Nathens maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties.
    2. Tag must be: a) findable & b) not placed on a dirt road.
      • Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.
    3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag time stamped photos dont mean anything. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
    4. One tag at a time. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
    5. Tags from other states are fair game as long as you re-tag within the same state, post on that states thread. and cross post here to motivate the masses. (Be civil ppl)
    6. No whining :nono Ya right. There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules:lol3
    7. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)
    8. The person who is responsible for posting the next tag has 48 hour to do so with the exception of foul weather (heavy rain, snow).
    9. Should the tag holder fail to post the new tag within the 48 hours someone will need to get the previous tag and post a new one within 48 hours.
    10. If there were two people that got the tag and the person who got it first fails to post within the 48 hours the person who posted second may post a new tag.
    Remember, you gotta be quick. Don't make the clues difficult, because it will come back and bite you in the arse. Also, bring your "A" game cause someone will have a tag and post another while you're thinking about eating breakfast.
    find the map of tags here
    Longislandtormap 11/2008 - 10/2011

NEWTAGMAP 10/17/2011 -
  2. Joebmetro

Oddometer:
    Who's going to post the first tag!!
  3. IRONIVAR

IRONIVAR how bad could it be?? Supporter

Oddometer:
    rule 2-b is for city slickers that would'nt want to dirty their capezios .
    dirt roads should be a part of the game . after all this is an adventurer web site .
    joe b can post the first pic
  4. poet11

poet11 n00b

Oddometer:
    Its usally customary for the person who starts the game to post the first tag. Can we limit this to just one or two towns? I dont really want to have to ride to far to play. Ya know like just make it the Elmont tag o rama then I wont have to do much.:lol3

Anything more than that and I'll just be wearing the rubber off my tires.:rofl
  5. thejosh

thejosh Chump

Oddometer:
    Now where is it?
  6. Joebmetro

Oddometer:
    I'll try to post one tonight
  7. thisflatearth

thisflatearth 2 wheel has been

Oddometer:
    May not get out that way much to PLAY but mind if I keep up on the Google Mapping? Keeps me and Evolife busy at work. :rofl
  8. IRONIVAR

Oddometer:
    i hope it is within 26 miles of somewhere .:rofl

o/k joe we are being patient ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................still wait'n
  9. Joebmetro

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys

My Daughter in law went into the hospital yesterday and my wife and I are watching our 2 grandchildren, I won't be able to post for a few days. I asked Ironivar to take the first tag, he'll post it tonight.
  10. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve Every day is Saturday

Oddometer:
    Rule 2-b is to keep things legal. The last thing this sport needs is pictures of ADV'ers playing a game of "can you tell where I'm trespassing?". Legal dirt roads, no problem. Not legal dirt area's ? Pics, maybe, but not their location.
  11. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Wow, talk about whining! Would you have been happier with this photo?

[​IMG]

Here I was, being nice and giving the tag right back to the locals, and no thank-you's at all. Should have buried the tag in the sand!

Seriously, there are some great places on Long Island for tags. Good luck with the game!
  12. IRONIVAR

Oddometer:

how come everyone thinks that a dirt road is tresspassing ?
    here in NEW YORK , LONG ISLAND we have a handfull of LEGAL dirt roads that are hard to find and will add a good twist to the game . is everyone up for a challenge ?
    the next time somone insinuates that i would post a picture of an illeagal activity they should come and ride with me on any sunday , thats if they do not mind getting mud on their dual sport bike .
  13. aphazia

aphazia KLR+Duct tape+Dreams!

Oddometer:
    in like whoah once my bike is out of the shop....
  14. IRONIVAR

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

long island tag :clap
  15. Reverand Roadblock

Reverand Roadblock Where are my pants

Oddometer:
    HA!! I know where that is. I'll try to get it tommorrow. How is everything IRONIVAR?
  16. IRONIVAR

Oddometer:
    glad you are playing rev ,
    i'm good , almost posted an old (last year) picture of you on a dirt road .
  17. Reverand Roadblock

Oddometer:
    :lol3
    Ever since that ride, I've wanted to get an XR650.......and a Ural...and 990 Adventure.

I was drooling over a blue 990 at Island Motorcycle Parts in Smithtown. One day, when I'm independently wealthy.
  18. IRONIVAR

Oddometer:
    the 990 is a do it all well bike/machine .
    i used to jump over r/r tracks with my streetbike ( yzf750),wrecked it then i had a ktm 640 and i would go too fast on the road with it and floated the valves.
    now i have a 990 :evil
    could even roadrace this one :D

i'm riding sat . if you want to ride
  19. Reverand Roadblock

Oddometer:
    Where you heading? I'll go for a ride.
  20. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve Every day is Saturday

Oddometer:

I wasnt insinuating that you would post or do anything illegal, just giving an explanation to the rule you mentioned. I'm not bashing or trying to blame anyone for anything, I was just giving general info.

I love getting my dual sport bike dirty, it's why I bought it. In fact, I just bought another one on E-bay a couple of hours ago. I'll try to join you one day for a Sunday ride, just try not to roost too much mud on me, my Capezio's might get ruined :D

Nice tag, btw, I wish I knew where it was.