2014 KTM Adventure 1190 Thread

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by harryzgnilek, Dec 3, 2013.

1. PatSmith

PatSmith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lucky you, that you get to put it together yourselve. I seem to recall a post that the bike needs to have the software activated.
  2. Black Hills

Black Hills Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's actually at the dealer they sent the pic so I stopped in to check it out. Hopefully picking it up Tuesday.
  3. PatSmith

PatSmith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Either way. I love the looks of the R. Picking up my STD in orange next Saturday.
  4. TDsurf

TDsurf Orange Flyer

Oddometer:
    Wahoo! :clap Picked my baby up on Friday and just got back from my first 200 mile ride. What a bike. Touratech boxes arrive tomorrow with an assortment of other farkels. This truly was a great Christmas.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    My only issue is the tires, the bike comes with Conti Attack’s, great tire for the road but not so hot for dirt. Does anyone have suggestions for a good duel sport tire? Seams tough to find 21” 18” tires.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
  5. Head2Wind

Head2Wind MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer:
    Personally I think that the Heidenau K60 would be a good choice for this bike. Definitely going to be better than the Attack off road.
  6. TDsurf

TDsurf Orange Flyer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up on the Heidenau K60’s . <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  7. pinglow

pinglow Adventurer wannabe!

Oddometer:
    I am always seeing this on tall bikes in crates. they used to remove the front wheel for crating right?

Now just curious did they crank the ties to compress the front forks this low or?
  8. Black Hills

Black Hills Long timer

Oddometer:
    it appears to just be cranked down? the tubes may be slid up in the clamps, I didn't really look that close?
  9. jeremyjim

jeremyjim n00b

Oddometer:
    Picked mine up on New Years Eve. Nothing ordered yet to farkle it up, but I'll be in a biz trip most of Jan and will be adding bags, bars, and I think the Touratech skid plate. Mine is the standard in grey paint.

I notice my speedo is a little faster than the radar signs posted around the Puget Sound area as well.

Anyone have any suggestions for the service interval warning on the computer? I tried to follow internet suggestions to reset it, but KTM may have removed the capability to reset by the user. The dealer had to reset mine (wasn't due for service anyway). I'm sure those of us wanting to do our own maintenance will find that bothersome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. harryzgnilek

harryzgnilek Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    how bad is it if the forks are compressed in the crate for a long time? over a month?

thanks
  11. Black Hills

Black Hills Long timer

Oddometer:

not really an issue for me as I am sure it will begetting new springs anyway.
  12. motomuppet

motomuppet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did the reset as described below, worked on my 2014 adv r?. I spoke to the dealer and his mechanic and was told that several of the bikes sold before 2014 ny have been in with a unscheduled service light that needed resetting. They reckon it was the change of the year messing with the bikes brain.

• hold the up and down buttons and turn on the ignition
    • continue to hold the up and down buttons until the display cycles through all the menus
    • continue to hold the up and down buttons when the setting menu is reached
    • after a few seconds the settings menu will change to allow you to choose the kms and months until next service.
    • You can now let go of the up and down buttons
    • Use the "set" button to increase the numbers. Keep going and the kms and months will cycle back around to 0 if you go past your choice.
  13. jeremyjim

jeremyjim n00b

Oddometer:
    @Motomuppet

Yeah, that is the tester sequence I tried and it didn't work. Being the first one out the door at my Local Dealer, they are more than happy to check it out for me. For how long they'll do that it yet to be seen.

I'll try it again when I get home.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. GSNoël

GSNoël Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, after many weeks of reading and a bit upset by air box issues...

Ordered and deposit done yesterday for a 2014 grey standard; no off road use (400 DRZ for this purpose) and want electronics suspension
    Have easily (even in January...) and well sold my 1200 GS 08 50 000 km in very good shape (my second one, after a 2006 and 60 000 km) but wanna try other things...

Akra
    Aluminium panniers
    Heated grips
    High screen

Should be delivered by 6-8 weeks (not emergency, since it won't be my daily and winter is not the best part of the year...)

On order: radiator guard and Tutoro oiler
  15. Master

Master Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any of you guys have first hand experience with the 2014 air box? Is it any better? I have a 2013 and am in doubt between getting the Uni Filter or replacing the 2013 parts with the new 2014 parts. I would prefer to replace the parts, but only if the new parts actually solve the problem of course...
  16. PDsgt

PDsgt Realistic about life

Oddometer:
    Well I went to my closest dealer today to have a look and a sit. That bad boy is TALL. Even with a lowering link, I think I am out. On my very tippy toes I could barely touch. I am at 5'9" tall with a 30" inseam. Looks like I am back to the drawing board. I was all excited too. :cry
  17. Head2Wind

Oddometer:
    What are the issues with the 2013 box? I do know that the 2014 box changed, something about some re-enforcement ribs. I have been talking with UNIfilter AUS and they state that their filter that was specifically designed for the 2013 box is going to get slightly modified to accommodate the changes of the 2014 box..... and that the goal is that the filter will still work between the two versions of airboxes.
  18. Master

Master Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There were some reports of plastic warping due to heat and dust slipping through into the engine. Hence the Uni filter. If KTM solved these issues with the 2014 box however, I prefer updating the OEM parts over the Uni filter.
  19. Head2Wind

Oddometer:
    Personally, if I owned a 1190, and there are questions related to the air filter seal, I would pursue any known solutions to resolve it. From what I understand presently from UNIfilter AUS, the modified filter will fit both boxes. Not sure how much a 2014 airbox assembly would cost as my usual resources for micro fiche does not have the prices posted yet.
  20. Master

Master Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    apparently, it would only cost about 50 euros in parts (basicly, the base of the air box needs to be renewed, together with some bolts and small stuff).
    But I want to know for sure this would solve the issue.