Your least favorite cagers

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by VozProto, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    Now, that's a juvenile attitude, sonny. I'm older 'n dirt and don't HAVE any hair, and I do just fine in traffic. I don't moan about it, either. I deal with it and move on.

And I'll bet you'll hang up the helmet long before you're my age..............:lol3
  2. Dirty Dharma Bum

Dirty Dharma Bum worlds slowest rider

Oddometer:
    I commute everyday in LA via some form of KTM splitting lanes the entire 25 mile ride and the distracted tools come in all shapes and sizes. There are tremendous amount of luxo sleds in L.A. as they are given out whenever a young USC girl receives her sorority pin. These young ladies are serial multi taskers in their rigs and are quite dangerous. The yard dude who typically rolls a white 80's Toyota mini truck is not malicious in his douche baggery it's that he doesn't like to tie down his weed whip, trash cans, rakes etc and his shit is flying out the back of the truck the whole time which makes things interesting.
    Priuses are quickly surpassing mini vans as the scariest fuckin' moving objects to be near. It used to be you only had to worry about the soccer moms in the mini vans slapping their kids around, while driving recklessly attempting to get Timmy to band practice on time but now the Prius dominates as the real death machine.
    But my real theory is that it depends on what part of the country you live in as to what is the biggest douche mobile. Subaru's, Volvos and other crunchy groovin' rides seem to dominate the mountain states and upper East coast, the big ass trucks are a problem in the South while us West coasters are haunted by the Teutonic luxo rides but...the one constant are those goddamn Priuses.
  3. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
    Hey, YFF, don't leave Seattle out on the Subaru front. If you live in Seattle and don't have a Prius or a Subaru covered in more libtard/Obama/save the planet stickers than paint then you ain't got no street cred.
  4. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone in the left lane. They don't realize other are other lanes. When they do get beside a vehicle that is big enough for them to notice, they get scared and won't finish passing it. I'm convinced the right lane is the real passing lane and the left lane BS we were taught in drivers ed was for the suckers. Whenever I am on the highway, the only people I ever get to pass on the left are semis.
  5. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Giant ass Dodge trucks,usually four doors.Jeeps are made here in Toledo and lots of the workers have small dicks I guess.Usually have Harley stickers in/on them and some have a chrome set of"Dodge Balls" hangin from the hitch.Tailgatin mofos too.
  6. bimmerx2

bimmerx2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool a name calling thread, who wouda thunk it possible.

JM in 3, 2, 1...
  7. bluegreen

bluegreen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Subaru drivers.

I don't know what it is with that car. I think it's popular with the soccer mom demographic. Watch them... 5 under the speed limit at all times and always a big delay when the light turns green. It's uncanny how true I find this.
  8. JRP

JRP Old guy Supporter

Oddometer:

+1 :d
  9. JRP

JRP Old guy Supporter

Oddometer:

#3 My wife drives a Prius, way to fast most of the time
    #2 I'm old and not very slow, on or off the road
    #1 I don't know any soccer moms
  10. EastSideSM

EastSideSM Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer:
    Prius man, fucking Prius.
  11. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    wrong,we are informed that we own the outside lane
  12. t6pilot

t6pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Prius drivers in carpool lane, doing 65 when everyone else 75, next girls driving 1 or 3 series BMW's never freaking signal
  13. Tall Man

Tall Man Oh, by the way, which one's Pink?

Oddometer:
    I've owned 3 VWs: 2 Golfs and a Jetta. I really like the brand. I just wonder sometimes why guys choose to lower the cars when they already sit pretty low from the factory.
  14. HooliKen

HooliKen Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer:

LOVED my 2000 Jetta VR6. 30 MPG and went like a mofo in the snow! The "boss" hated it though; she is a gas swillen SUV girl. :becca
    and if Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.
  15. SilkMoneyLove

SilkMoneyLove Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have lots of Somali's living in the Mnpls area. They can't drive worth a shit but are all taxi drivers. Not their fault, where they come from, driving laws are non-existant. So I am wary of them on the roads (taxis in general - not just the Somalis). The other day I am in the fast lane, passing an old taxi in the middle lane, when a Chevy pickup passes me! He is half in my lane and half on the shoulder. I was following a car, so I backed off and let him have plenty of room. I got over to the middle lane and carefully go by him (middle lane going faster than fast lane) and he gives me the finger (WTH?) I pick up the pace and make distance.
    So here I was looking out for the normal danger of the meandering taxi and it was the truck I needed to watch out for. Keep your guard up, you just never know.
  16. Sox Fan

Sox Fan SoxFan

Oddometer:
    Poorly maintained cars with tinted glass scare the shit out of me. Nothing makes me more cautious than coming up behind a 20 year old car with a wobbling hubcap, rust, a taped over taillight and TINTED GLASS?:huh

On the other hand, I personally think the nicest people on the road are driving BMWs. :wink:
  17. birds

birds Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    NY drivers tailgate too much.
    PA drivers don't know how to merge or enter highways or where their back bumper is.

Bimmer drivers aren't too bad anymore. I'm just used to all drivers around here sucking all the time. I'm not surprised that Jersey gets a bad driving reputation. Seems to just be bad decision making mixed with fucked priorities. Putting convenience way above safety.

I live on the intersection of 2 small 25 mph streets. They are always busy, as it's a popular way to get to and from the turnpike without sitting at a million lights. 2-lane streets with street parking near the intersection. Pedestrians. Kids running around. Residential neighborhood (think row houses and multi-family houses). Blinking red/yellow light. No it's not OK to go 45 on a small street with kids and bumper to bumper street parking. No, it's not OK to go 45 when approaching a blinking yellow, where the people coming out of the cross street can't see you because of the jackass parked where he shouldn't be right up on the intersection (no its not OK to park in front of your driveway just because it's your driveway, you're still blocking line of sight for people making a turn at the intersection). No it's not OK to stop at the blinking yellow. No it's not OK to not stop at the blinking red. there's a stop sign, too. It's just some bizarre world where driving safely has taken a back seat to getting somewhere 30 seconds quicker.

So I don't have a least favorite cager. Around here they are almost all unsafe.
  18. atomicalex

atomicalex silly aluminium boxes Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Chicks do it, too......

It`s just fun and silly. I'm bagging the next one. :deal Layin' frame, baby!
  19. der_saeufer

der_saeufer Пу́тін хуйло́

Oddometer:
    At least now they have to have a passenger. As someone who used to commute on a bike or with four people in the car, I actually had a party the day the yellow carpool stickers expired. GTFO slow Prius drivers.
  20. tallpaul63

tallpaul63 Long timer

Oddometer:
    North of where I used to be, with rivers & beer
    But around this part of the SF bay area, Prii are so common that they no longer represent any particular mindset. I've seen plenty of aggressive Prius drivers, and most folks seem to drive them about the same as they would any other car.

My pet peeve is the guy who, in heavy traffic, just has to pass me because I'm leaving a gap between me and the car in front of me. I'm in the fast lane, but I'm going the same speed as the fellow in front of me. Some drivers can't figure that out, and make a point of tailgaiting, then passing on the right to stuff themselves into that void...only to tailgait the next car. Hate that!