My New Chinese Big Ruckus clone thread...

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by deezildennis, Jul 27, 2011.

1. deezildennis

deezildennis Its a what?

Oddometer:
    I figured I would make a thread about my New Chinese 150cc Big Ruckus clone..

I bought this Pretty much based off Clayjars thread. I wanted a cheapo scooter but did not really like the ride of the typical China 150cc scooter. Felt too light to me but was impressed by the power and speed.

Anyway.... I decided to have it ordered through my Local Scooter shop. He also did the PDI and setup on it. It is a BIG SCOOTER.... and it feels like it. It is Very Sure footed unlike other scooters I have ridden. The bike came with a few scratches on the handlebars but nothing major. Paint is Metallic Burgandy.. Brand name is SSR Rowdy 150cc. $1450 Out the Door with a warranty

I rode it quite a bit tonight and after a several miles I did a short top speed run. Flat out on a flat stretch of hwy was 59 mph with my gps. So it is faster than the other Big ruckus clones I have ridden.

Bike has a hall effect speedo that is 2 mph off is looks like. Bike gets up to speed pretty good for such a tank of a bike.. Back rest is nice and sturdy even up against my 230lbs.. Has pretty good ground clearance.

Gripes........... The plastic is painted but not painted on the inside of doors that open like to the gas cap. I will change that.

Tires....May change these out to some sort of semi knobby if they make them.

Last gripe.. It is too damn quiet.. Like sewing machine quiet..

Got back too late for pics but here is one that he sent me after he pulled the paneling pulled off the frame work..

Stay tuned... Proper detail photoshoot Thursday.

In crate..
    [​IMG]
  2. emmettken

emmettken Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  3. bbishoppcm

bbishoppcm It ain't a moped.

Oddometer:
    I'll have some too. Damn, this is good popcorn! :lurk
  4. Sportsman Matt

Sportsman Matt Xtremely Bad Example

Oddometer:
    Whew....for a minute I thought I would have to ride over and give you the "it's a clone not the real thing" beating, but seeing you corrected the title by saying it's a clone, all is forgiven by the Big Ruckus crowd.

Now first let me welcome you to the world of Urban Tanks, and second, change the front single headlight out for a dual set to really look like a BR.

And put some miles on that thing, I hit 9000 miles on my BR tonight, and many more fun miles to go.
  5. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    Subscribed. How could anyone not be interested in a $1500 Big Ruckus clone???
  6. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll tell ya who's not interested, the jerk offs at honda that never read this thread and realise these are the bikes we want. (rant #3789982)

I'm in too, and pass the P-CORN FELLA"S:lurk
    Javelinky likes this.
  7. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Popcorn, I want some!
  8. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    bag of chips anyone?

:lurk

I have seen just a few Big Ruck's ever for sale even..... a fresh clone in the crate, this is good.

I even like the little Ruckus.
  9. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    American Honda has a way a alienating their customers with stale product. Just for example take their CRF-230 (the dually bike, not the playbike). It's not only smaller than the rest of the 250 dually bike offerings but a seventies design with a FIVE speed. To top it off they have the nerve to give it a five grand suggested list price. Put this up against the fuel-injected slice-off-of-an-R1 WR-250R/X and they wonder why it's not selling...

A buddy of mine, who used to own a Honda shop, said that the business went to hell after the old man died. I agree.

Anyway can't wait to hear more about the Big Ruckus clone!!!:clap
    Alexander B likes this.
  10. BigCanoe

BigCanoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice!
    CashCow likes this.
  11. HandKPhil

HandKPhil An American Portuguese Explorer

Oddometer:
    Just FYI, the Honda CRF230L is a six-speed, and the MSRP in 2009 was $4549.00, if I remember correctly.

You do have a bit of a point though - I just sold mine, to finance a WR250R.

I believe the 2009 WR250R's MSRP was just over six grand.

Thread jack over:shog
  12. baloneyskin daddy

baloneyskin daddy bikaholic Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    My neighbor has a yellow one just like that sitting in his shed. Has less than 2k on it but after the stator went for the 2nd time he gave up on it.Says he'd feel bad sellin the pos to anyone.
  13. tbonestone

tbonestone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Scooterworks has an NCY stator, cheap and affordable, and shouldn't blow any more.
  14. tortoise2

tortoise2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If only the pickup trigger coil is defective . . .
    Troubleshooting guidelines.
    Vendor resource.

[​IMG]
  15. deezildennis

deezildennis Its a what?

Oddometer:
    Here is my Pics. Bike has about 250 miles on it now :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  16. tortoise2

tortoise2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ddsWaIWEJUA" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dSs_SwW9I_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  17. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    I stand corrected--they are indeed a six speed. Dunno where I heard they had a five speed box. Current MSRP is $4999, though and in my opinion two grand too much. I might buy one at $2999 (a current year bike, not a demo leftover).

Back on subject which Chinese manufacturer builds these Big Ruckus clones?
    Alexander B likes this.
  18. deezildennis

deezildennis Its a what?

Oddometer:
    Znen made mine. They make the bms astro, ssr rowdy and the Motbravo Florence.

The bms has more Chrome goodies on it and is the most expensive of the 3.
  19. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    Is the place you bought it an SSR dealer? Or did they just order it from one of the on-line sellers and get a wholesale price?
  20. deezildennis

deezildennis Its a what?

Oddometer:
    I bought it through a local dealer.
    Online killer motorsports would have been the guys I went with if I wanted to set it up.