EU For Sale Info - See First Post for Ad Checklist

Discussion in 'Europe' started by PhilSpace, Feb 19, 2008.

1. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Helpful Flea Market Ad Checklist

Before submitting a post for your item for sale or trade, please take a moment to read through this checklist which summarizes some important Flea Market rules. The checklist is intended to assist you with preparing a complete ad that will best serve you as a seller and the inmates that might be interested in your items. It will also help prevent your post from being removed because it doesn't comply with the Flea Market rules.
    1. Is this item yours? It not, you may not sell it here.
    2. Are there links to outside sales sites? If so, please remove them before posting.
    3. Where is the item located? Please enter the city/state (and perhaps country as appropriate) where the item is located.
    4. Each item must have a value. If it's for sale, this is what the seller wants for the item. If you'd like to trade, then use the item's trade value. All items MUST have a value.
    5. Pictures and accurate descriptions help sell items. Add sufficient detail and images that a potential buyer will probably want when considering an item.
    6. Are you selling multiple offerings of the same item? If so, your listing may likely belong in Vendors where commercial sales are allowed.
    7. Are you selling firearms, weapons, or related items? These are not permitted in our Flea Market.
    If you're not sure about something, take a closer look at the more detailed Flea Market rules or contact a moderator. Best wishes with your ad!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At popular request, take a bow Loz :ilmostro, we are going to try something that should be beneficial to all.

For sale or wanted to buy threads should still be posted in the Flea Market forums, but understanding the issues regarding shipping, customs and taxes, we would like to use this thread to allow you to advertise your items locally in the Europe forum by posting a link to the ad in the flea market as a post in this thread.

The rules are simple:

Everybody gets one shot to promote their wares or wanted ad here with no chatter or 'bumps" in this thread. If you see it and you are interested, either respond by PM or post in the original thread in the Flea Market.

Try to keep you post short, with maybe a one line summary and the actual link to the post in the Flea Market.
  2. RICHXHELL

RICHXHELL Scooterist

Oddometer:
  3. rocks

rocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
  5. ChubbyThumper

ChubbyThumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Title says it all.

SORTED thanks 22.04.08
  6. Chrisbarnes1

Chrisbarnes1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are not too pricey new. I tried the early 640A seat (lower) but it pushes you up towards the tank all the time--not recommended on long hauls. If you wish to lower then try the US Kouba links --this lowers the rear by about 2 inches and you need to drop the forks through all the way (about 1.5 inches)--steering is more stable at speed due to slightly more trail. I'm 5ft 6 inches and manage ok now---and fit the standard LC4 SM sidestand which is also shorter.

Regards, CB
  7. ChubbyThumper

ChubbyThumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Chris, my mate is a custom upholsterer and has offered to take a look at my "KTM comfort" (sic) seat .I have pm'd you
  8. HappyTiger

HappyTiger n00b

Oddometer:
  9. Chanterman

Chanterman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am wondering if a DR ss petrol tank ( one piece ) will fit a DR750 and any info as to where to get one
    thanks

S
  10. Chanterman

Chanterman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The post should read DR800ss

S
  11. Harvonktm

Harvonktm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

97 Transit Van, SWB mid roof model.

I bought it as a 'tester' to see if it was better than a box trailer.......
    .......Now convinced and have bought a new shiny SWB Transit van!

The old one is a solid old bus with tatty wings, however, its gone through another MoT and has 6 months tax

Has really good tyres all round

It has done @ 73k and is the 2.5 litre non turbo model...75ps I think

It has a tow bar and single electrics.

Runs really well but doesnt like pulling the caravan and 3 bikes etc....

Ply lined with stteel bulk head and tie down rings

New one has turbo.....:D

Looking for as near to Grand as I can get
  12. carcher2k

carcher2k usually in a ditch...

Oddometer:
  13. carcher2k

carcher2k usually in a ditch...

Oddometer:
  14. gus007

gus007 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2004 Dakar £3300

28,000 Miles.
    -MOT February 2009
    -TAX September 2008
    -Full service records
    -Heated Grips
    -ABS
    -BMW Side cases & top box with single key locks
    -Scott Oiler
    -Side stand extender
    -TKC 80's mounted. Rear tyre one month old
    -Datatool System 3 Alarm
    -Touratech engine protection bars, rear brake disk and master cylinder guard, chain & sprocket guards

There are some scratches on the right-side hand guard but nothing to take away from its looks.

Feel free to call me with any question: 0782 674 1920 or email kk.scoot at gmail.com. I’m located in London. The bike runs great, starts on the first try, looks pretty good, and gets ~ 65 MPG. All set up for traveling.

_Kris

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought a I had a buyer but he backed aout to get a Fazer. Here are some more pics after Wilbur cleaned it and Dave gave it a once over.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. shifty

shifty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :freaky Looking for 97 ktm rear fuel tanks orange and good for my rallye.PAY TOP DOLLAR>pm shifty
  16. YorkieBoy

YorkieBoy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm on the lookout for a Suzuki DR650se, that's the post 96 model after the redesign. Good money offered now that I've got the cheque from the insurance after Stevie Wonder wrote off my last one :evil

Cheers
  17. Xander

Xander always in the shadows

Oddometer:
    North Face Slickrock 2-man tent

We bought this tent 9 years ago to go world backpacking for 5 months. It’s an ultralight mountaineering-style tent, and packs nice and small. The design uses a half-fly and half single wall design – reduces the weight big time. It slept the two of us well for our trip – enough room to line the backpacks down the side while we slept. It’s well-suited for a solo traveller. It has two side doors, so you can get in and out without climbing over each other or your gear. The big advantages of this tent is that it is completely free-standing and takes hardly any time to set up, even with one person. Only two poles are used, clip on the half-fly, and you’re done! The nice thing is that when the weather is miserable or it’s dark, you and your gear can be inside in the space of a few minutes, and if you’re at a site with rock-hard ground, you don’t have to worry about pegging it out. The fly ends need pegging, but only two pegs are required, and it doesn’t have to be that secure (i.e. rocks will do!). It comes with fly-lines for staking out in high winds.

The tent hasn’t been used much since 2000, mostly for solo trips. There is a repair (professionally done) in the lower section on one side (see pictures, inside and outside), otherwise the tent is in excellent shape. We are selling because we have upgraded to a bigger tent with full fly for our upcoming RTW motorcycle trip. Asking £60 or best offer (shipping costs not included).

This tent is no longer produced (newer versions available now), but we’ve found some good reviews on the web that might help you:
    BackpackGearTest.org Review - /reviews/Shelters/Tents/TNF Slickrock Tent/Owner Review by Peggy Dodson

BackpackGearTest.org Review - /reviews/Shelters/Tents/TNF Slickrock Tent/Owner Review by Bill Ward

the north face slickrock - tents - backpacking gear - TheBackpacker.com

Hiker's Corner The North Face Slickrock Tent Review

The North Face Slickrock Reviews. Buying guides & consumer product reviews at Epinions.com

Specs as follows:
    The North Face Slickrock
    WEIGHT 4 lb 1 oz (1.85 kg)
    SURFACE AREA 33.0 sq. ft. (3.1 sq. m)
    VESTIBULE 8.0 sq. ft (0.7 sq. m)
    FOOTPRINT DIMENSIONS 87" x 58" (221 cm x 147 cm)
    PEAK HEIGHT 38" (97 cm)
    # OF DOORS 2
    SUGGESTED CAPACITY 2
    # POLES 2
    FREESTANDING? Yes
    MINIMUM # STAKES REQUIRED 2
    TOTAL # STAKE OUT POINTS 7

40D polyester ripstop fly sheet is ultralight, UV resistant, and stormproof. Nylon ripstop canopy is lightweight and breathable with soothing color and partial translucence for long-term user satisfaction. DAC Featherlite aluminum poles are up to 15% lighter than poles of equal strength and, as there are no inserts, are less susceptible to failure. Fully continuous pole sleeves and pole pockets increase structural integrity and ease pitching. Pole pockets allow quick pitching by one person. Freestanding batwing half-fly design saves weight and pitches in a flash. Reflective guy line loops and glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls make it easy to find the tent or adjust it in the dark without knocking it over. Dual doors provide easy accessibility and venting options. High and low venting created with mesh canopy for climate control. Color-coding of tent poles to pole sleeves/pole sleeve binding and canopy webbing to fly sheet webbing eases pitching and ensures correct set-up the first time. Compression stuffsack included.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Taken next to a BMW system 5 helmet so you can see how small it packs
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    First Three are with fly on it, 4th is without.

[​IMG][​IMG]

With out the fly

[​IMG] [​IMG] This shows the repair job, from both the inside and out..
    Eskapada.moto likes this.
  18. Xander

Xander always in the shadows

Oddometer:
    <!-- message --> Cannon XL1s for sale. I bought this camera new a little over a year ago, and it has less then 40 hours use. It was never used as a player, I only ever used Sony Premium MiniDV Tapeand is in excellent condition. Camera Comes with 16X lens with sun hood, two foam and one fur microphone socks, remote control, 2 batteries, mains charger and mains adaptor, sony head cleaner (never used) and all paper work from original packing. Also included is a Lowpro Nature Trekker AWII backpack. Asking £900.00 or nearest reasonable offer (+ delivery). Camera is located in Lichfield UK and is available for inspection. I can get actual pictures upon request.

[​IMG] Picture stolen off the web (sorry if i have breached copywrite will remove upon request..) Lots of other things to be sold to fund trip so watch this space.
  19. GPS

GPS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wanted Front Wheel Hub for a 1200 GSA.
    PM me with info please.
  20. foolonastrom

foolonastrom Fool on a Strom

Oddometer:
    Can you not fix the old one with zip ties??? :evil