Dave and LoveShack: A Season of Firsts.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by iDave, Dec 31, 2012.

1. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap

Awesome report, Dave. One of your best. I seem to have gotten something in my eye while reading your conclusion. Here's to a successful and prosperous 2013, and may this year's journeys contain many random encounters.

Looking forward to the day where we share the road and a beer!

C.
  2. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just got that nice feeling when you finish a good book. . .. Thanks. :thumb
  3. blue72beetle

blue72beetle advbikes.com

Oddometer:
    Dave, I don't know you, but obviously you've got quite the following on here, and I can see why. Your writing style and story telling method certainly is different.... and wonderful. Thanks for the words and photos to help us all get through winter. :clap

I don't know how I originally came across the Kaneman story on here, but it's what got me to join ADVR and sparked dreams of riding across this great country. Wonderful to hear an update on here, and even see him pop in this thread. I'm a relative noob on here, but I can already tell it's not the site, it's not the bikes, it's people like you guys, is what it's all about.
  4. TrashCan

TrashCan Scary Jerry

Oddometer:
    Thanks for letting us ride along with you.

Jerry

:thumb
  5. Reverend12

Reverend12 Well there it is..

Oddometer:
    :thumbDave It was a fantastic ride! It's the times when You deal with the worst of conditions on the road that You remember the most, and they turn out to be your fondest memories...Your Family is wonderful, and man oh man do You have reasons to be proud, you are a rich man, much richer and smarter than any of those 11 other guys around that table on that day.. Keep on riding and sharing with us, and You betcha ADV is the place to share these memories.. take care my friend, see ya on the road...
  6. H14

H14 Live, Laugh, Love.

Oddometer:
    Dave, if I could express my feelings or write as well as you I would say something besides thanks. But that's all I've got, a big thank you to you and Julie for raising such a great bunch of kids and thank you for sharing your family with the rest of us.:thumb:thumb
  7. rascalman

rascalman GhostRider, the clock is ticking

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dave! :thumb
  8. klrmtn

klrmtn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dave, as always well worth the read.
    :clap
  9. capeklr

capeklr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What can I say, just like when reading a good book that can't be put down, I always get this empty feeling when I read the last page. That's what I'm feeling now as well. Thank you Dave for this most enjoyable ride report.
    Jorg.
  10. grindstone

grindstone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dave, thank you.
  11. tommu56

tommu56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dave another EPIC report!

thanks

tom
  12. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man

Oddometer:
    +1000000000

not sure why you dont think this is the forum for your stories, but if you try taking them someplace else, we will hunt you down and hurt you. :lol3
  13. SoPaRider

SoPaRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another jewel Dave!

Jeff and Karen
  14. redog1

redog1 KTM 950se old fart

Oddometer:
    ...there's no doubt you really know how to connect with people and put what you feel into words. I wish I were gifted in a manner of which you are. I really enjoy your stories and your sharing what you feel. You wear your heart on your sleeve and for that I am thankful because it allows you to share. For the most part guys don't show there sensitivities and emotions, I think that is a shame because it creates walls. There's nothing wrong with sharing your emotions. I look forward to more of your stories, but if you didn't post another------I'd get it. Take care and hopefully one day our paths will cross, in many ways they already do. Ride on.....:ricky
  15. aldntn

aldntn Vgo

Oddometer:
  16. kitesurfer

kitesurfer Long timer

Oddometer:
    What can i say...dusty here too.
  17. Gooner

Gooner Lanterne Rouge

Oddometer:
    Dave,

Thank you for sharing your stories with us here. You are blessed with a wonderful family, great friends, and the gift of being a great storyteller. Make multiple backups of that hard drive and keep the formats current, your kids and grand kids will thank you.

James
  18. lookatdirt

lookatdirt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know you, Dave, and I rarely post. I always look forward to your Ride Reports. This one was epic and hit close to home.

Thank you.
  19. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    Fantastic Dave. Really and truly fantastic. One of the great things about reading your reports is the fact that you tell exactly what you're thinking and exactly what you're feeling; most people can relate to that. We all ride for a quiet moment of reflection and the great thing about your reports is that you let us inside the helmet.

Thanks for taking us along. :thumb
  20. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    I remember absolutely nothing of what you are talking about. :lol3

Thanks for the great RR, Dave.

I gave it a couple weeks to check back in as I wanted to get all of the rest of the story in one shot.

:wave Hiya Josh. Nice to see you are doing well. Sorry we never did hook up. Your RR was epic. It touched a lot of peoples' lives in ways you can't even begin to imagine.