Dakar 2014 - Official Event Coverage - thank you all, lurkers and posters!!!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    Two hondas out front on the piste with an Aussie dingo on their trail... :lurk:lurk:lurk
  2. F650Dakar_Norway

F650Dakar_Norway What off-season? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hehe. That's clever thinking. I only have seen on Ari Vatanen's own webpage that his car was stolen - without taking into account other "smart" solutions :lol3

But as they say - "zis iz Razing". Doh!
  3. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Coma had an issue with his gear lever and a stone getting in there.
    I think the other people playing games on Coma and Cyril trying to make them look slow and change people's minds and their psychology... :wink:

Let's see were these are in a couple of days :evil
  4. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    I cheated and skipped a lot of pages because the special is on...

Sam is holding on!

And so is Barreda... Interesting stuff...
  5. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    How's that theory workin' out for you at the moment 'geddon? :wink: It's the old guys taking time off other at the moment...

Marc has been practicing (off camera) this year... he is still faaaaast. :wink: when he want to be and needs to.
  6. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    quintanilla getting pushed down the list
  7. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    If its true to form that will be it for now, in the ASS next?:lol3:lol3
  8. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    :ddog and what?... you think you gonna get leniency for coming out and admitting it?! :huh:wink:

"Hand in the cookie jar" f5 penalty for you! :D
  9. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_3lJp6rmWwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    CD is just behind Coma on piste, I believe he will try to catch up to Coma and tail him... So far he is still 1.50 behind physically...
  11. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    Fine, fine me and get it over with... I was already far behind, I thought the malle keyboards were allowed to bend the rules a bit... :deal
  12. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes and they will be chasing Gonk and have pulled a minute on him at CP1 - there could be 3 of them by the end, with El Matador and Sam taking the day in on the track?:1drink
  13. Tau Anvil

Tau Anvil African by trade

Oddometer:
    Coma and Despres will smoke the stage today.
  14. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    I was commenting on too old who said the Aliens are pushing as well, and despite that they loose time (may be I misread the post, being @ work does not help...)
    There were riders, that said that they saw Cyril and know that he was pushing by the way he opened the throttle blah blah blah, ,but for me, both riders (MC and CP) know exactly what they are doing. It is the other riders that try to make them look slow with their comments (i.e. ''they are pushing but they are still 8 minutes behind us we will annihilate them '' )

For me, both MC and CP are top when it comes to navigation games and tricks, both are lightning fast and experienced as hell. They can shave the 8 minutes on any given day if they want .
  15. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Aha... I missunderstood... I concur 100%.
  16. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    <CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 16px; WIDTH: 31px" alt="11:10 "><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 20px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -4px; WIDTH: 42px" width="42" height="20"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT>11:10 </CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 16px; WIDTH: 8px" alt="- "><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 20px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -4px; WIDTH: 19px" width="19" height="20"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT>- </CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 16px; WIDTH: 22px" alt="car"><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 20px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -4px; WIDTH: 28px" width="28" height="20"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT>car</CUFONTEXT></CUFON>
    <CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 39px" alt="300"><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 23px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -3px; WIDTH: 50px" width="50" height="23"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT>300</CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 5px" alt=" "><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 23px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -3px; WIDTH: 24px" width="24" height="23"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT> </CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 13px" alt="- "><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 23px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -3px; WIDTH: 31px" width="31" height="23"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT>- </CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 45px" alt="The "><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 23px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -3px; WIDTH: 64px" width="64" height="23"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT>The </CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 59px" alt="cars "><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 23px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -3px; WIDTH: 78px" width="78" height="23"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT>cars </CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 72px" alt="start "><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 23px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -3px; WIDTH: 91px" width="91" height="23"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT>start </CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 45px" alt="the "><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 23px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -3px; WIDTH: 64px" width="64" height="23"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT>the </CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 89px" alt="special "><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 23px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -3px; WIDTH: 108px" width="108" height="23"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT>special </CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON class="cufon cufon-canvas" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 67px" alt="stage"><CANVAS style="HEIGHT: 23px; LEFT: -1px; TOP: -3px; WIDTH: 78px" width="78" height="23"></CANVAS><CUFONTEXT>stage</CUFONTEXT></CUFON>

Setting off from the start of the original route, the first cars are underway. Stéphane Petehansel (Mini) set off at 11.00 AM local time, followed by Carlos Sainz (Buggy SMG) and Giniel de Villiers (Toyota). The cars will only cover 222 km today instead of the initially planned 245 km.
  17. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

El piloto francès Gilles Gard complicadìsimo en las dunas.
  18. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    Niekerk +04:16 at the moment :deal

:clap:clap
  19. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    I'm in! good morning folks! Nice to see Sam up front, and BEn, and good to see MArc and Cyril making flaming tracks.

I'm guess francesco never started today- allthe info on him is blank, though.
  20. boundrybasher

boundrybasher Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Laia +7:05:clap:clap You go girl!!:wink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.