2014 RedNEK Rendezvous

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Canuman, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Canuman

Canuman Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer:
    You guys won't leave me alone! I've had a bunch of inquiries if there will be a 2014 Spring RedNEK Rendezvous. The answer is probably yes. We're looking at a new location for this year, as I think we've ridden the area that hosted the first four pretty heavily.

Dates are the 6th, 7th, and 8th of June 2014. I'll start looking into camping areas soon. May be a state park, may be a campground, may be a field that someone will let us use.

So here's the plan: Jackpiner57 has a really rugged small bike route in mind, which uses portions of the Androscoggin Turkey Run. Think mud, blood, and beer. I hope to get Guymanbro in the mix on this one. Think plated two-smokers or 4T street-legal enduros, most likely under 650 cc unless yours are exceptionally hairy.

I ain't tough enough to run with those dogs. I'll put together a big bike that may be mostly sane. We're looking at an area to the south of what we've done before, including Vermont and New Hampshire. Expect 650 class and above dirt and gravel, with a few hero sections thrown in. We'll look at camping at a state park, cooking our own food or dining at local restaurants, and having a good time.

I'm not going to put together a road run this year, although road riders are as always welcome. It seems I don't put in enough brewery stops on the way. There's plenty of outstanding paved riding available. We'll likely be camping relatively close to the western end of the Kancamaugus, and not too awfully far from some of Vermont's best paved rides -- and breweries.
  2. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Team Dualspork is planning to attend the Roaming Rally on May 23-25. I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Last year, the rides coincided so we were able to do them both. If that doesn't happen again, and the dates are separate, I may come up with the 450.

Either way, I look forward to camping with you guys again.
  3. Canuman

Oddometer:
    We were considering a little later - maybe first weekend in June. May can be really sketchy weather wise. Jackpiner57 was mumbling about "massive mud holes" on the small bike route.
    bethel2wheeler likes this.
  4. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    I would love to make this, but I am sure I will have a lax conflict. subscribed, will make an appearance if I can.
  5. Canuman

Oddometer:
    What the heck is a lax conflict? You flyin' to LAX or do you intend to take some Ex-Lax? (Which would certainly inhibit riding.) I is confustimicated, fer sure.

6. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Conflicting laxs sure doesn't sound good at all.

Well, I'm off to go load my bike for a nice winter ride. Took this yesterday in my yard doing a test ride. Grips nice.

[​IMG]
  7. hammerfer

hammerfer coneheady

Oddometer:
    Im in. Looking forward to trying out the new K60s on my Strom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  8. Tallbastid

Tallbastid Stay Grateful

Oddometer:
    This sounds great, I'm tentatively in!
  9. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    LOL lacrosse....
    Although the exlax thing would be good if I was in front of guymanbro, cause he ignored my last request. :D
  10. AdvRich

AdvRich Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tim do you mean the first full June weekend (6,7,8) or the May 30, 31 and June 1st weekend?
  11. Poacher Bob

Poacher Bob Persona non grata

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  12. Canuman

Oddometer:
    As most people have family stuff on Memorial Day, I don't know if that would be a good thing. I'm looking for opinions. I really haven't set a firm date yet.

13. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    It's always best to be sure on the date before you post it. As someone that hosts a good amount of events, I've learned to never change a date. When I post it, it's locked in.

Anyway, here's a short clip (3:30) of me out on the trails Sunday. Conditions were damn near perfect when I started, then it warmed up and started raining lightly after a couple hours. It was a lot of fun. Good luck to everyone during this cold snap.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yb1hk4XxYcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  14. AdvRich

AdvRich Long timer

Oddometer:
    Memorial day is earlier this year on May 26th, the weekend before the first two June weekends. FWIW, I can make the June 6, 7, 8 weekend. I wanted to do the RR Exp ride that is over the Memorial weekend, but am locked in with other plans. If this ride lines up great, but if not there will be plenty more good times on the Rock in August.
  15. AdvRich

AdvRich Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  16. Ballics

Ballics Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm hopefully in. :beer
  17. Canuman

Oddometer:
    Jeez, what a drill instructor you'd be. Sir, yes, sir, the dates will be the 6, 7, and 8 of June, sir.

Nice vid.

18. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Thanks,

I was only trying, poorly, to say that changing dates only causes more problems than it solves. That's why it's best to be sure before the big reveal. I didn't mean in any way to tell you what to do. :D It's hard for me (damn near impossible) to properly covert my thoughts into text so that when read, the reader ends up knowing what I was thinking in the first place. Awe jeez, here I go again. As you were.
  19. Canuman

Oddometer:
    Even though she did a march in basic with a broken foot.

This is how it's done, Rob:

<object height="315" width="420">

<embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/hNbaf1Uoqk8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="315" width="420"></object>

20. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    More like...

[​IMG]