Trans New Jersey Trail

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by rob23, Jul 12, 2007.

1. TacitBlue

TacitBlue good ideas gone bad

Oddometer:
    Wanted to try out my new knobbies (D606) so headed out this morning to ride parts of sections 113 and 114, pretty much just staying inside the Colliers Mills WMA. Great stuff - some rocky climbs, rolling whoops, steep decents....... and lots of sand. Much better with the knobbies (coming from Trailwings). Was pleasently surprised to find the GPS taking me on some pretty narrow single track, complete with a wild turkey that ran in front of me on the trail for a while before flying into a tree. Also had a water crossing that didn't look that deep until my engine was submerged past the crank case (along with my feet). That was exciting. :lol3

Kind of spooky though, I did not see a single other soul in 2 hours of exploration. The solitude was nice, but I kept thinking that if I broke down they'd never find me!

Mike
  2. BAMF

BAMF B.A.M.F. -acronym

Oddometer:
    tacitblue .... were you the guy that stopped and asked if I was okay when I was airing back up after riding? That bike looks very familiar.

thanks btw, if you were that guy.
  3. rgb2cmyk

rgb2cmyk Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Been there, done that. I know exactly where you were... Well actually Alex (alskee750) did that, I was conveniently behind him, I just had to help pull him out. ...I got wet later when I did a 180 in a puddle and went down... :p3rry
  4. TacitBlue

Oddometer:
    No, not me, but if I saw you I would have stopped too, so I'll say you're welcome anyway! :wave
  5. TacitBlue

Oddometer:
    I'm going to explore around in there some more, lots more trail throughout Colliers Mills than is on the TNJT track. I think I like water crossing... well, probably at least until I fall in it!
  6. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    I have a ride report in my sig for doing the southern parts. I think I started further south than the sections you guys are talking about. I did not post a lot of pics of the offroad sections...there are a lot of people on here that frown upon that sort of thing.
  7. TacitBlue

Oddometer:
    I read your ride report a while ago - good stuff! About the pics though, the one I posted was definitely part of the legally accessable vehicle trails, so do you mean just in general we should refrain from trail pics? I just want to understand so I don't inadvertantly do something that jeopardizes anything or gets anyone upset...
  8. DougZ73

Oddometer:
    To each is own, and since I was harassed about it, I'll never tell anyone else what to do or not to do. There is the theory that since the tree huggers allegedly monitor sites like this, people posting pictures of motorcycles offroad, gives them ammo for their cause...whether it legal offroad riding or illegal offroad riding. At the time I posted that RR, it was a hot button issue, so I refrained from posting anything other than shots than ones that you could get to with a car.
  9. TacitBlue

Oddometer:
    Ok, got it. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be careful that I not post anything that could be misinterpreted as destructive or illegal.

Mike
  10. Riding

Riding Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ..but I read the sticky posts!

Hello gang,

I just joined the forum. I ride a 2012 Super Tenere and I just moved to NJ. I was looking to download some routes but I seem to be incapable to find the links to the files... I have read the sticky posts to make sure that my question was not on the FAQ and I did not see it...

Where can I download NJ on-off road routes of 1 to 2 days?

Thanks in advance and my apologies if I missed something really obvious here...
  11. rw4x4van

rw4x4van East Coast Rider

Oddometer:

Try here:
    https://www.facebook.com/rideguide/info
  12. Riding

Riding Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. rw4x4van

Oddometer:
    Yes, I believe you do have to become friends
  14. Riding

Riding Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK. Will do!

Thanks for your help!
  15. rw4x4van

Oddometer:
    Keep us posted when you do the ride....and take pictures..we like pictures :lol3
  16. Riding

Riding Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You can count on that! :D
  17. cammok5

cammok5 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    is anyone planing on rideing the the trail this summer? id like to do it starting from atsion lake or batso if your passing threw and dont mind a tag a long. how long do you think it would take to get to capemay from batsto?
  18. DougZ73

Oddometer:
    I did the southern portion. It can be done easily in a day. The ride report in my sig.
  19. jconly

jconly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been thinking about doing the trail for a while now. Just need a partner in crime. What's you're weapon of choice? I've been thinking of attacking it on my 990.

Haven't ridden any of it yet. Have tried, but plans always fell through for one reason or another. If I remember correctly, it's 50% trail, 50% road.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1ekrbo
  20. tomatoe333

tomatoe333 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The southern end, starting around Great Adventure is a LOT more dirt than the parts north of there. Not an awfully large amount of dirt in northern NJ.

I did most of the TNJT last year on Labor Day weekend. I had to bail around Batsto with bike issues (blowing fuses), so I've got some unfinished business. Trying to figure out when I can take a 3-day weekend and do the southern portion again.