Rear entry into Browns Camp or Jordan Creek

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by bdcorrigan, Jun 2, 2013.

1. bdcorrigan

bdcorrigan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are there any ways into Browns Camp or Jordan Creek from the south say from Newberg.
    Scoggins Valley Rd. locked gate
    Baseline Ridge Rd. locked gate
    N Fork Trask Rd. washed out bridge
  2. OrangeYZ

OrangeYZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wait, wut? Did that happen in the last month or so?

A couple of weeks ago I went through Yamhill -> Pike Rd -> Barney Reservoir -> N. Fork Rd, and from there you can get over Hembre Ridge to Jordan Creek, but it's the really scenic route.

If that's what's closed, you can go to Carlton -> Meadow Lake Rd -> past McGruire Res -> Boundary Rd -> Headquarters Grade -> Murphy Camp Rd -> S Fork Rd -> Trask River Rd -> N. Fork Rd.
    But it's even more scenic than the other route, if ya know what I mean.

Just taking Hwy 47 to 8 to 6 will probably get you there fastest and easiest. You can take Meadow Lake Rd to 101 to 6, but it's 20 miles longer, and Meadow Lake is slow going for a paved road.
  3. Almost There

Almost There Up, up, and away

Oddometer:
    Depending on how many gates you want to deal with there are a bunch of ways to get there from the McMinnville/Yamhill area. I never keep track of which road I'm on but if you have a decent gas tank you can wind your way around and get from Ginger Creek to Browns without any issues.