Server keeps kicking me out

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by walstibsf, Oct 28, 2012.

1. walstibsf

walstibsf Thar R fair WX riders and there are MOTORCYCLISTS

Oddometer:
    Once logged in, whilst moving from thread to thread, the server keeps kicking me out and I'm forced to log on again and again and so on.

I am on a satellite ISP and I notice this doesn't happen when logged in from a DSL or land based server. I'm guessing that somewhere in "the guts" my MAC code is being asked to re-authenticate or something like that. This doesn't happen on other forum websites I subscribe to. Is there anything I can do or be done to improve this?

Thanks and laters....
  2. walstibsf

Oddometer:
    No reply? When someone commits an infraction, you guys are all over it....C'mon! this is just an honest question..........yes, I pm'd Baldy on this............curiosity is killing me...HELP!! (please)!:clap
  3. Retro

Retro Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer:
    Sorry we let this pass without response.

Please don't PM Baldy. He's a very busy person.

I guess you are still experiencing this.

This topic comes up once in a while and usually involves people on office computers. I think you figured this out already by observing that it happens on satellite, but not on other systems.

As the problem most likely is on your end, there isn't anything that can be done on our end to fix it.
  4. walstibsf

Oddometer:
    Thanks, RETRO, for the reply. I'm actually going to ask my ISP about this. I'll post back if I get any usable info...............

Thanks again and laters..........:1drink
  5. walstibsf

Oddometer:
    Well...I found out, mostly by accident, that choice of browser seems to make a difference. FIREFOX allows me to stay connected just about as long as a DSL or any other reasonably fast connection. Guessing something with both IE and google chrome is asked to re-authenticate more often.

Who Knew?

Laters.........