2015 ADK Rendezvous Ride/Camp

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by operose, Dec 31, 2014.

1. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    Have fun stormin the castle! :wave
  2. bryantjt

bryantjt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Give or take 110 miles, no flats, no mechanical issues, and no injuries....almost sounds like a boring day :rofl

Couldn't have asked for a better ride or group of guys to ride with, thanks again operose and jontow!

For anyone that want's to keep in touch from today, we have a Facebook group for DS riders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1419212985016279/
  3. jontow

jontow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was riding sweep, so I didn't spend a lot of time taking pics, but here are a few.. I know some other cameras were out, so someone has some good shots :clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll take another look through later and post anything good I come up with.

Very nice ride, very nice weather friday night/all of saturday.. soured a bit last night and rained straight through.
  4. XT_Driftwood

XT_Driftwood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks to operose and jontow for hosting a great ride! I had a blast, though my legs are so sore this morning I can hardly climb stairs.

I couldn't believe how many legal and gnarly trails you have up there. We have nothing like that around my neck of the woods anymore, everything is gated.

Here's hoping this becomes an annual event
  5. Chris Hoppe

Chris Hoppe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all of the organizers for a great rendezvous and ride. Thanks to type918 and NHTOTEROAD for leading the big bike ride. Thanks to Akjcat for the home brew. I packed up after the ride and headed out. My bike has not liked running in the rain recently. Sorry to have missed the barbecue and another night around the bonfire. Headed east to do Tracy Road and over the Crown Point bridge. South in Vermont on 20 miles of dirt (Basin-Harbor Road etc.), 22A, 30, 7 south through the NW corner of MA back to the Taconic Parkway and home by 10PM. About 11 hours on the bike and +- 450 miles. What a great day for riding. A pox upon thee! to the Harley rider on 73 and the other cagers in Vermont who drove slow only to speed up in the passing zones.

Chris:clap
  6. Jerry Withajay

Jerry Withajay Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great mix of challenging terrain and still getting 100 miles in for the day.
    The fire and burgers were great..., too tired to go get BBQ so I missed out on that...

I did have small case of internet withdrawal, but I'm re-connected and recovering nicely....

Thanks for a great event!
  7. Bikenstitches

Bikenstitches Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks again for hosting the camp 'n ride on your young orchard. I admire your ambitions in planting fruit bearing trees for the future. The riding was a great mix of terrain, nice job planning the loops:deal, and everyone on the ride was super cool with nobody getting lost or left behind. The local BBQ event for the AmVets was a nice way to cap the weekend. Not looking forward to packing in the wet, I headed out Saturday at dusk, arriving home at 1AM.
    It was great meeting you all at the ride, and I'm looking forward to more in the future.
    Tom

ps. maybe an RV water pump would work for your irrigation system.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RV-Mari...941?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a73af98dd
  8. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    I don't know how you drove home after that ride, I was exhausted. I had to kick off my gear and just lay down for a while.

Thanks again to the brothers and their better halves for making this come together so well. Breakfast this morning was really good!

I have some video clips to stitch together but for now, here are the few pictures I took.

Camp akarob
    [​IMG]

Fishing the pond, but I think it was a bit shallow to hold fish.
    [​IMG]

Some of the Connecticut Dualspork chapter relaxing, now properly badged.
    [​IMG]

Supermoto superman. It was funny running into you again randomly after you had to split off. I think you the the farthest traveled award also.
    [​IMG]

The bridge break.
    [​IMG]

The obligatory bridge break selfie.
    [​IMG]
  9. MATPOC

MATPOC Long timer

Oddometer:
    It wasn't random.
    Could not make it up that one slippery climb, even with Jon's help that Michelin Pilot met it's match, defeated by NY mud I went back to the main road (White Hill?) Jon told me you were gonna hit it on the way down so I just headed up to meet you, also to make sure Jon knew I made it out of the woods.

brought this knife to NY mud-wrestling match...

[​IMG]

My ride up was on Friday was ~250 miles (after doing 275 in the truck)
    Saturday spent 50 miles running around chasing dirt bikes (mainly looping around White Hill) and then about 260 mile trek back, took 30 across the ADKs, Pepacton and back to camp just before it hits 17.
    Stopped few times to take in the sites but mostly mad dash back to camp, arrived at my truck around 5 pm just as the rain started to fall. Rained till 8 am this morning

Went for a ride around Pepacton when the roads started to dry in afternoon, then heavy rain came and I trucked it home just as the wether cleared up

[​IMG]

Big thanks to the hosts, made an epic weekend!!

[​IMG]

Stopped at Long Lake

[​IMG]

With all the pirates headed for the bike week I still got held up once or twice by cruisers, but not this guy... he was alright

[​IMG]

I was busy riding Sunday while everyone packed the tents... mine was the only one left when I rolled back in. waiting for the rain to stop... at least I got a free bike wash

[​IMG]
  10. type918

type918 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I want to add my voice to the chorus of appreciation to operose and jontow and spouses. You made a lot of riders very happy this weekend. Good riding with you, Chris and Mark. You ALL are the kinds of riders who make me proud to be a motorcyclist. Thank you.

Jim
  11. operose

operose Mama tried

Oddometer:
    :thumb :thumb :thumb

Many thanks for stepping in last minute to take over the big bike route, Jim!! Sorry we did not get back to catch you before you had to leave.

Thanks also to everyone else that showed up to make this a great weekend :clap :freaky

Here are the two pictures I took

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Was anyone from anywhere other than NY/NH/CT/RI? I cannot remember...
  12. Akjcat

Akjcat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tried to get these up yesterday but the ipad was having fits... anways.

Huge thanks to Derrick and Erin for hosting an awesome event. We all truely appreciate the effort and time you both went through in putting together such a great ride. Everyone that showed was awesome and a blast to ride with.
    Being my first real "trail" ride on a dual sport, I thought the route was challenging at times yet amazingly fun. Happily took some riding tips and learned a few lessons; a worn out death wing is not the best tire for the mud.

Enjoying the pics, saw a lot more cameras out, keep them coming!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

image ru
  13. Jerry Withajay

Jerry Withajay Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. XT_Driftwood

Oddometer:
    I think all the pics I took are similar to those of other's.
    A motley band of explorers

[​IMG]
  15. XT_Driftwood

Oddometer:
    More of them

[​IMG]
  16. XT_Driftwood

Oddometer:
    Jontow doing his thing.

It struck me as a little odd to watch most of us bomb through these waterholes, bouncing off submerged rocks, getting pitched left and right, roosting water six feet high, and then watching the sweep chug through easy as you please. I think he might have ridden these a few times.

[​IMG]
  17. XT_Driftwood

Oddometer:
    Matpoc's bike. Needs knobs.

[​IMG]
  18. XT_Driftwood

Oddometer:
    The big waterhole. I stalled twice in this infernal bit of hell-on-earth.

You can also see the other XT that made the ride, an '85 XT350. It has a rising rate rear suspension, front disk brakes, a true skid plate... it's freakin' state of the art. So much nicer than mine.

[​IMG]
  19. XT_Driftwood

Oddometer:
    The two guys who made it happen (along with their spouses, natch) Very grateful we are.

[​IMG]
  20. XT_Driftwood

Oddometer:
    My bike. Just because.

[​IMG]