The Rootbeer Run, Chasing the Sun, and other misadventures

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Parepin, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:
    Bite me.

Bite me.

Bite me.

*Quickly jots in journal*
    "A day to remember. Jim is speechless."
  2. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:
    Patty will become Janis 2.0 after MUCH work. Like, seriously, I think I'm in over my head here. On the plus side, she will be indestructible, fresh, and not like anything you've ever seen before.
  3. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    I'm guessing you didn't want me biting you! :lol3
  4. FloorPoor

FloorPoor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I, for one, like the vest. I rock one similar to it on a daily basis.

It sure cut down on the number of dipshits pulling out in front of me.:D
  5. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    duh nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu
  6. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you are back on two wheels - Keep riding and keep them reports coming!
  7. kelin

kelin Banned

Oddometer:
    Ride was thrown together and the gear was purchased. Having been a self-taught rider with no previous experience, I had the scars and battle wounds that would make the average rider cringe withing the first 5K miles of having my license.
  8. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)

Now there's a first. :lol3

Good job, Alex and Da Foole, it's nice you are out on a bike again. I love seeing things come together like this. Ride on.... :lurk
  9. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Hey Nathan your in Bum Fuk Egypt for heavens sake! :lol3 :rofl

Zactly :deal Able to leap tall buildings in a single bounce, Faster-Stronger-and Sexier than before....with nicer tits too.:wink:

Hey now :1drink I do kinda resemble that remark don't I. :nod

Yo Al............... As we say in Newf'nlaaaand Fuck awwwwwwwf! :fyyff:bmwrider
  10. FloorPoor

Oddometer:
    There is no shortage of texting&driving dipshits(trying not to label or judge, but sometimes it's soooo hard:D) in B.F.E. Plus, it makes the wife feel better about me riding with no life insurance.:augie

B.T.W. Jim, did you get Desi running and make it home from Newfoundland yet?
  11. sunset_ryder

sunset_ryder aka "toots"

Oddometer:
    Right on!
    DaFoole:clap

Parepin:pynd

still..:hide
  12. beechum1

Oddometer:
    Texting and driving isn't dangerous. Not paying attention and driving is. There's a very distinct difference. But only one is provable and can be taxed (fined).
  13. FloorPoor

Oddometer:
    When you're texting while driving, you aren't paying attention to driving. I also don't like the laws saying you can't do it, or any laws that restrict personal freedom and responsibility, but 9 times out of 10, when somebody tries to run me over while I'm on my bike, or driving in general, there's a cell phone involved.

Highjack mode off.
  14. beechum1

Oddometer:
    Not me. Driving always has priority. Always has.
  15. daxxruckus

daxxruckus CRF Slayer

Oddometer:
    FUCKIN' POLITO! are two words that I'll never tire of yelling or muttering under my breath. Those two have even replaced some trusty and faithful old swearword combinations for me..they just have some sort of magical ring to them that a simple "God Damn It" can't satisfy.

It's funny reading other people's reports after you've shacked up with them for a while. It's like having your kid leave for college (I am in no way implying you are college educated. Or educated at all for that matter) and then seeing what people think of him now that he's all grown up. You apparently are still swindling people all over the country with that famous Polito charm. Maybe we should all start a support group and see how many of us unrelated FOP's (Friends of Polito) have taken to using "Fuckin' Polito" everytime something goes wrong? I'd be willing to bet it's more than just Evan and I.

Anyway, now that I finally catch up on the RR, I see you haven't slowed down getting yourself into more trouble. One simple question remains...are you still coming out here to park the bike and fly out for Thanksgiving? The reason I ask is - I've got laserdisc copies of all the THUNDER IN PARADISE movies and a bag of shrubbery...you and I have got some HULK'ing to do!

Miss ya man, be safe.

GOD BLESS THE FILTHY NOMAD!
  16. beechum1

Oddometer:
    Just fuck and get it over with.
  17. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:

Hey man. Thanks for the kind words.

It's funny that you've caught up on my Ride Report when even I haven't. There's still a TON of shit to put into words, some words that still evade me. I think about it daily, and take notes when I can. I haven't forgotten, and I appreciate everyone that has posted for sticking with me on this and not giving me too hard of a time about the lack of content.

I've run into quite a few people from this RR. Several have said to me "Yeah man, when I offered it up I never actually expected that YOU would be HERE sitting in my garage right now." Sorry about that. Be that as a warning, though. If you invite me over for ribs, there'd better be some goddamn ribs on the barbeque... I'm talking to you, ShadyRascal.

I will be back in your area, Ian. Just before and after the Baja 1000. I still wanna ride to the Salton Sea, too, if you're up for it. If not, I'll be there for Thunder in Paradise. Fond memories. Fond memories.

Stay posted...
  18. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:
    Such harsh words. Such an attitude. But I know what you're saying, Beech. I know what you really mean. No worries. There will always be a special place for you in my heart.

A little further down than the heart, actually.

Right near the colon.
  19. daxxruckus

daxxruckus CRF Slayer

Oddometer:
    right near the crotch...
  20. fadingfastsd

fadingfastsd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ya crotch is more accurate. Especially after seeing Polito & Beech have a man-date in my garage. Ian, remember when they bro'd out for like hours?