SuperBowl

Discussion in 'Sports' started by vettex2, Jan 23, 2013.

1. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    4 seasons and 4 different offensive coordinators. :D
    Remember the division game against the Saint's last year? Smith matched up well with Breeze and won that game. He also matched up will against Eli Manning and probably would have won that game if not for some special teams mistakes. Just because Kaepernick fits Harbough's ideas better doesn't mean Smith is a slouch of a QB.
  2. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    I think he was discarded fairly quickly this season, but will surely catch on elsewhere. The teams won't be contenders tho.....it'll be the Cardinals, Titans, Browns, and Packers who need the most help. :lol3
  3. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    Packers. :lol2 Alex Smith and Aaron Rogers competeing for a job. That's funny.

I'm probably just projecting. I felt kind of bad for the guy. Shit like that has happened to me. :lol3 He's been pretty classy through the whole thing. I hope he gets a chance with a decent team to show what he's capable of.
  4. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    I'd just as soon that he went to an AFC team and certainly not a team in the NFC west. :deal

I wish him luck and I certainly feel that he deserves a chance with a good team.
  5. Damifino

Damifino Damn if I know Supporter

Oddometer:
    All you guys hating on Ray Lewis, yes he was best described as a thug in his early days. Yes, even by me.

But unless you live in the Baltimore area, you have no idea what he has has done to try and redeem himself after the charges against him were dropped for his testimony against the two others that most likely were the ones that killed the two men that started the altercation against the group Ray was in.

I'm not saying he had nothing to do with it, but he completely turned his life around after that trial.

He has created charities, donated time and money, worked with inner city kids and tried to do good.

While I can not respect a thug who has lived a thug's life, I can respect someone that has seen the errors of his ways when he was younger and turned his life around to do good in the community.

If it is any consolation to the Ray haters, he never had the endorsement deals and made the big advertising bucks because his reputation was irreparably damaged by that one night in Atlanta back in 2000.

The man has played the game with such intensity for so many years and tried to be a better person and by being a charitable person, that is why I am no longer a Lewis hater.
  6. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Shiney Dimes.
  7. tkitna

tkitna "Jim Jordan 2024"

Oddometer:
    The Niners should have taken advantage of that superbowl because its going to be awhile before they ever make it back.

[​IMG]

Seattle will own the West for the next 5 or 6 years.
  8. twowheelpilot

twowheelpilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i think the hate comes from him being self righteous. he invites the judgment. much like all the lance hate.
  9. BMWBILO

BMWBILO Snapperhead

Oddometer:
    Once a thug always a thug. I think he's got to be one of the best actors around as many people as he has fooled. The part that really makes me sick is his hiding behind God. It's always God this and God that. I guess if there really is a God old Ray will get what's coming in the end. Another thing that sickens me is someone is going to give him a job as a sports caster. Whichever network that is should be boycotted.
  10. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    So Angus and McTavish are sitting around in the pub. Angus takes a long pull at his drink, looks out the door and says "Angus, you see that bridge out there."

"Aye Angus, I do"

"S'a goood Bridge. Built it with me bare hands I did. But do they call me angus the bridge builder?"

"No angus they don't" he says sympathetically.

"And ya see that roof on the school. S' a good rooooof, took me a month, with me bare hands." He takes a pull again. "But do they call em Angus the Roof Maker?"

"No angus they don't"

Angus takes another deeeeep pull at his beer, his face going red.

"But you fuck ONE Sheep . . .!!!!"
  11. Crocker

Crocker Just passing through Supporter

Oddometer:
    He's on plenty of billboards around here and makes some decent coin from Under Armour. Sure, it's not Peyton Manning money but he does have endorsements and the last thing I remember him doing around here was opening a shitty BBQ restaurant in Canton that failed horribly.

I'm sure he's turned to God after beating those charges, and I don't doubt that he's turned a new leaf but holy fuck I'm tired of hearing about him. He's a fucking show pony. They bring out a box of grass so he can tear it up at the beginning of his dance.because they replaced the ever problematic grass with turf years ago.

Where's his Walter Peyton Man of the Year nomination?

But, I'm sure they'll one day put a statue of him up next to Johnny Unitas in front of the stadium...
  12. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    I'm with you. I'm just tired of hearing about him. I don't buy his Born Again baloney, but I could be wrong. Maybe he's truly a changed man. I hope so.

But he's gone now, and we won't ever have to hear about him again.

For five years.

Then we'll have to hear about his Hall of Fame nomination.
  13. WaterWheel

WaterWheel Multi Talentless

Oddometer:
    In Ray's honor, the sculptor is going to carve it with a switchblade.
  14. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    The Ravens announced yesterday that they will be putting up a statue of Ray Lewis outside the stadium.:eek1
  15. vettex2

vettex2 X-Racer

Oddometer:
    will it have a knife in his hand ?
  16. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    :lol3

I actually doubt Ray did the stabbing. I think he was there. I think he knows exactly what happened. I think he knows who did it (his two friends). I think he knows where the knife is. I think he knows why the victim's blood was in his limo.

I think Ray knows exactly what happened. But did he actually have a knife in his hand? Just my opinion, I don't think he personally killed either of the two victims. But since I wasn't there, I don't really know.

I do think he covered it up, lied, and weaseled during his testimony.
  17. Crocker

Crocker Just passing through Supporter

Oddometer:
    The ravens really do go out of their way to get most of the country to not like them :lol3

I anxiously await the first person to climb that statue with deer antlers, a knive and a tube of epoxy.
  18. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    I'm just gonna pee on it and see if any does come around.
  19. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
  20. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer: