2013 Sandblast Rally - March 2 - SC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Anders Green, Sep 26, 2012.

1. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Anders: It's called the Pine Barrens 300, Nov 16th and 17th. :lol3 I wish it could be ran as a Rally! Hope to see you and Matt there again.

Jack
  2. Anders Green

Anders Green NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer:
    You're on, adding it to my schedule now! :)

Anders
  3. Xmoto

Xmoto Death Race

Oddometer:
    I am in! :clap
  4. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Think we can talk Walt into going???? :lol3
  5. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    First time I worked a finish this year, we were at Sexton's Pond. The past 6-7 yrs we have worked marshalling on course. A lot more action to see out there then there is at the finish line. It was pretty cool to interact with all the drivers and riders, but I'd prefer to see them at speed:D

Being Sexton's Pond was S3, we were sorta in the middle of the day, so our team was only set up for the one stage. I've worked Cambell before and was at a great spot. One location, three stages:clap didnt even have to move my lawnchair!

6. Xmoto

Xmoto Death Race

Oddometer:
    I think he needs to have a NJ come back event. Show the jersey devil who's boss.
  7. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Nice run, Jason!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
  8. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Hey: Walt and Nate were both rippin at the Scrub Pine Big Bike enduro this year, I couldn't believe how fast they both were in the Firecuts on the KTM 950's.

For those who don't know, Walt was on a transit section in the enduro, when a car turned left, in front of him, he hit the bumper and went over the hood, hit the street and broke a bunch of ribs and had a few other injuries. We ( the club officers ) have had alot of discussion about Walt's crash. (So it dosen't happen again) It was just a wrong place right time kinda thing. The older woman who was driving the car, didn't see Walts Orange Bike :eek1 because of sun glare and a the way the road rises just before the turn she was making and where Walt was at the time. If he was a few seconds later or earlier they most likley would not have hit each other.

Walt was wearing a MX style chest protector and broke 8 or 9 ribs, and his elbow. I believe if he had on a Ballistic Jersey or Pressure suit his injury's would have been much less. Having no elbow protection caused him extra hospital time because of complications with the break.

The Moral of the story, pay attention and wear all the protection you can!

Walt and Nate are both fast guys and I don't remember who was ahead before the crash, but I think they both should enter Sand Blast next year, they are naturals. :clap:clap

This years Scrub Pine Enduro is Oct 20th. We have a big bike class where the BB's get a shortened course, miss the tight stuff and go out first, ahead of the real enduro. Most new riders don't get to ride an enduro course up front for years, so this is the best way to enjoy an enduro on your big bike, without getting in the way of the 'minibikes". :D

[​IMG]

FYI, the Pine Barrens 300 is not a race, and we have to obey the rules of the forest, but the enduro is a different story, you guys and girls should try it.

Jack
  9. stinkweed

stinkweed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    keith, I agree completely about watching at speed, i was marshal on campbell two years ago in a great spot with long approach and exit. also campbell is a great location for start. we only moved about 100 yards from 1 start finish to the next finish. cj loop from timed finish has a great vantage point as well. amazing how loose the bikes get at speed, fish tailing
  10. FLUXCAPACITOR

FLUXCAPACITOR n00b

Oddometer:

Hey Ara and Rodney this is Logan (AKA Fluxcapacitor) and I finally got on AdvRider. Thanks for the kind words boys and it was a great ride and great time riding with you guys as well as the other cool dudes and gals. :norton I hope to see you both at the WV Rally as well as the SC Rally next year!!!!

Logan.
  11. fig650

fig650 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  12. FLUXCAPACITOR

FLUXCAPACITOR n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Ara and Rodney this is Logan (AKA Fluxcapacitor). Hey it was great riding with you guys and I hope to see you both at the WV rally as well as the SC rally next year.

I just got signed up to AdvRider so let's keep in touch for the next rally.
  13. FLUXCAPACITOR

FLUXCAPACITOR n00b

Oddometer:
    Here's a couple of cool pictures of you guys...

Attached Files:

14. FLUXCAPACITOR

FLUXCAPACITOR n00b

Oddometer:
    Here's Rodney with a thumbs up...

Attached Files:

15. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good to see you here, Logan.

Ara
  16. Entrepre-neer

Entrepre-neer Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8hgf_2py8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:eek1:eek1:eek1
  17. Rail7

Rail7 Authenticious.

Oddometer:
    Holy Lord.

I think Mike came by me on Shakedown towards the end, and I swear he was so fast that I did not even have time to identify who it was. I did not even hear the bike until it was 50 feet in front of me. I damn near just went home...

Logan, welcome...John
  18. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:

Yeah...Mike is one of those people that put it into perspective. We all do this sport to have fun and push our personal limits. We all become better riders and feel like kings when we battle one another whether it is for 1st place or a battle for 15th place. Every once in a while we get a couple pro's new..or old :clap who show up and really show us where the bar is set :D
  19. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    Even more amazing is that he is thrashing that bike as if it were a nimble 450 vs a full blown 950 adventure :rofl
  20. ThereisnoSpoon

ThereisnoSpoon High Enough

Oddometer:
    Hey Jack!

I don't really follow this thread, but I clicked on it and there I was. :D Just to clarify a couple of things, there was no sun glare or a rise, just an inept driver in a hurry. I saw that car for a while, as I got closer the blinker came on, blinked twice and she turned in front of me when I was about 15 or 20 ft away. Her accident report statement said she saw me and turned anyway.

As far as the chest protector vs pressure suit it's a toss up. I have a Alpinestars pressure suit and based on the road rash on the chest protector I was wearing I looks like it took alot of the hit in the shoulder area that my pressure suit would not have covered. It's all speculative, when you get in a head on with a car and do a superman over the car and land on the pavement bad things are going to happen. An elbow guard may have helped, the doctor said no, but that was not the cause of my extended stay in the hospital. My arm was the least of my injuries.

This is not to debate which offers better protection and clearly more is better. Look at what the top guys running enduros are wearing, I planned accordingly. In my naivety I didn't factor in the jersey drivers and I should have known better. I grew up riding in the sand and I like it which is why I went. I will not be returning to jersey EVER, but I may do this. It is sand and they close the roads, right?

For the record at the checkpoint right before I got taken out I was ahead by 5 min. Oh well, I got some new scars out of the deal. :D