Yamaha WR250R Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Sock Monkey, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Magestyk

Magestyk Da'Salty^Soldier

Oddometer:
    Yes it is a Givi. It holds 2 normal helmets, but in my case it holds my helmet, jacket and gloves or all my Paintball gear.
    It looks very wide but it's not that bad, the handle bars are about 10 wider.
    I only use it around the city if I go to the movies, school, groceries or someplace where I need to leave my helmet locked up. I dont use it for Adventure Riding, I prefer my North Face big adventure waterproof bag. It holds way more stuff. If you have any questions let me know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. vwsandman

vwsandman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good idea, I think I will use my Givi top trunk from my FZ1 on my WR when it is super moto mode, just need to add a new mount to my GYTR rack. More room for stuff and water tight... thanks for the pics!:freaky
  3. Hog Chain

Hog Chain Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Krabill, I love the new white plastics on your WR. It be looking good!!!!!
  4. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    I can cope with the wait for quality parts :lol3 weld away and be happy :freaky
  5. GsVs

GsVs Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Hey Magestyk ...
    Thanks for all the pictures of the Givi MonoLock case mounted on your WR.

I have one on my V-Strom ..... I could swap it between bikes and would use it like you just for commuting and errands ....

Can you tell it's back there when you have it mounted ??

Larry

6. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. Magestyk

Magestyk Da'Salty^Soldier

Oddometer:
    Well if you mean when I'm riding on the streets, no not really you wont feel any difference.My body with jacket on is wider so it's not like it's catching air.
    Offroad/trail is a whole different matter, it will hit your back all the time it dont matter if it's standing or sitting.
    The way I ride I tend to sit way back where the passenger sits, Like Coma here.
    [​IMG]

The case does comes in handy in long traffic stops because I can lean back and chill until the light changes to green.:1drink
  8. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    Hey Tibarus--your kind of observations belong in the basement. Not in the Thumper forum. Take 'em there, not in the MC content side.

I'm no angel...but cut folks a break. Don't hate. Appreciate.
  9. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    It's no problem, I've been an offender, so..just sayin'. :lol3

No worries.
  10. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    Theres a couple of good camping spots on the road below White Rock, I've camped down there alot too.
  11. GsVs

GsVs Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer:
    I think the Topcase on Magestyk's WR is a great option ...

One minute it's there for a quick trip to work or errands .... then ten seconds to pop off and hit the trails

That is what's great about the WR .... it can be set up many different ways ...

"to each his own"
  12. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    oooh! I want one in my garage too! :tb Although I have much less need of it than you do :huh I've been a TIG welder in the past (still have the skilz) but that's just been a little too pricey to add as a new tool in the garage... TIG is the smoothest, nicest looking way to weld stuff together. :thumb
  13. SheWolf

SheWolf Under Your Bed

Oddometer:
    <style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --></style>
    :huh That's my bike...MY BIKE!!! Damn you Tibby, go get your own damned R²!:thwak
  14. Tibarus

Tibarus Mud? Where?! X3

Oddometer:
    But I wantz yers :evil
  15. SheWolf

SheWolf Under Your Bed

Oddometer:
    You're like the... *thinks*..shit I lost count...who's said that since I've had it.:D
  16. Tibarus

Tibarus Mud? Where?! X3

Oddometer:
    I wasn't talkin' bout the bike, rawr :evil

:lol3
  17. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Wow, that broke easy

Oddometer:
    This debate about stickers and top boxes is entirely useless anyway... since everyone knows that gold forks make the bike way faster anyway.
  18. skierd

skierd Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer:
    Not all of us ride within 50 miles of the truck at the trail head. Hell, not all of us have a truck. Apologies to SheWolf, but her bike always made me think a 15y.o. got drunk and raided the sticker aisle at the local pep boys or canadian tire or whatever y'all have up there... [edit, treed by bpg]

Besides, #23 will always mean
    [​IMG]

MagestyK - Hows the givi mount attached to the rack? I've been toying with getting one to make commuting and going out after work less of a pita with the gear.
  19. skierd

skierd Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer:
    The Moose handguards for mini bars came in today, tossed them on, fit pretty well except that they're still close to the brake line. Didn't require any bending or the like to go on at least, feel at least as solid as the Cycras too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tight, but there's about 1/8" clearance (CRM's were sitting on the line)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. SheWolf

SheWolf Under Your Bed

Oddometer:
    You've got that mixed up with the unicorn milk, Copa.:lol3 *swats BPG with a pool noodle* Quiet you...this 15 YO takes her bike out of the neighborhood and pisses off the frogs by draining their muddy swimming holes and the chipmunks by making jumps out of their log homes.:D

Damn Skierd...that is tight! Can you even fit a snartch hair in between that?!!