XRL owners sign in.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by onaXR, Jan 18, 2006.

1. RZRob

RZRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't be sad. Momentary set back. I've had plenty. Considering there's 2 zillion of these out there, just buy a newer, better one cheaper when things improve.

RZ Rob
  2. RZRob

RZRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    dealer or Cheap Cycle Parts.com and it'll be on your doorstep in a few days.

RZ Rob
  3. purpledrake

purpledrake No Pretensions

Oddometer:
    X2. Chin up, Mate. Things always get better. I am good for a beer if you need one. (Mind you, I would never make that offer to our friend in the Maritimes--he would drink me out of house and home).
  4. kdennan

kdennan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can anyone here with an Acerbis tank take a picture of what it looks like from behind the bike and in front? I want to see how it sticks out from the sides of the bike. Does it really change the fit of the bike? Just don't want to get it all mounted up and find it turns the bike into a baja beast in the new england woods.
    Thanks

What's the deal with re-locating the turn signals? Does Acerbis include something to do it?
  5. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
  7. absoluteclint

absoluteclint Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Lance... You may be on to something here. Upon further inspection of my pin I too noticed a groove... Not too big but I think definitely large enough to affect the sliding action. I'm going to go ahead and replace it. One more mail order... Damn... I guess no riding for me this weekend... Mtn bike instead!
  8. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is the groove a 1/8" flat all the way along the pin? It's MADE that way so the lube has somewhere to go.
  9. absoluteclint

Oddometer:

Thanks Steve... The groove is about 1/8" flat but it does not go all the way along the pin... It is more of a notch that is 1/8" x 1/8". There are scratch marks along the middle portion of the pin where I can tell the pads have slid (or attempted to slide)... But this area is rounded all the way around... Not flat.

You can see the notch about 2/3 of the way down the pin from my finger.

What do you think? Clean it and let it ride or place an order for a new one?

[​IMG]
  10. elsalvadorklr

elsalvadorklr southern xr rider

Oddometer:
    ^^^wet sand it and polish it up with some metal compound...comes out like new...also the holes in the pads too

if you want new, TUSK makes some great cheap pins...Im using them in my xr...
  11. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:

That`s where the pad hole touches,,should be replaced,,,i`d grease it up,install and when the new one arrives put it in,,,but i`d ride the f`er,,, it`s not safety related:wink:

Christian would probably whittle one from a stick and call it good knowing him:lol3:lol3

B
  12. elsalvadorklr

elsalvadorklr southern xr rider

Oddometer:
    word!

however being anal made me buy new ones, hence the tusk brand recomendation not to mention they are hex not allen so they dont wear out as much...

I couldnt remeber where the groove was...seemd odd there so I brain farted

they are like $7 from tusk...cant beat the price
  13. nic579

nic579 x

Oddometer:
    The punched holes on the pads really do a good job on the pins.
  14. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    X2 on the Tusk brake pins. :thumb They cost $3.99 at RMATV/MC, and work great. :D

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...0/Tusk-Rear-Brake-Pin-Kit?term=tusk brake pin

[​IMG]

Spud :beer
  15. absoluteclint

Oddometer:
    Excellent! Thanks fellas... I just reinstalled everything, new pads, same old pin, new brake fuid, etc. It all seems to be functioning well. I'm about to load it up with some weekend camping gear and head to the mountains on it. I'll get a new pin ordered early next week.

Spud... You would be proud. When I had the rear wheel off I also removed the front sprocket and checked my countershaft splines... They're lubed, no signs of excessive wear, and good to go!

Time to hit the road and make the most of the weekend! :D :1drink
  16. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb Have fun, and take some photos! :D

17. nic579

nic579 x

Oddometer:
    Will a straight adapter with no offset work? I have yet to pull things apart to look more closely this one is long but I can trim that easy enough.

[​IMG]
  18. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yesterday I installed a Polisport CRF fender and a ManRacks FFF (Front Fender Farkle). :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put a 21-inch inner tube in the Honda tool bag, and there is room for some more stuff. I have most of the rest of my tools stored in my Harbor Freight tool tube, mounted on the front of the skid plate.

19. nic579

nic579 x

Oddometer:
    I want to go and stay in Idaho with my pig.
  20. kdennan

kdennan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got it out. No big deal, just that I wasn't sure how much brass I had to drill cause of it's shape. The screw "was" a D-socket so I eased it out with a small regular driver and then cut a slot in it and put it back in. Out 2.5 turns, changed the jets out to 52/155 and she fired up real nice.
    Seems like it starts easier.
    But, I do notice that when I roll on the throttle it almost seems like something is kinda holding her back if you know what I mean. Not a hesitation, like just not allot of power or if I'm pulling something behind me:eek1
    Any thoughts?
    It sure is nice everywhere else and the pipe sounds great.
    Thanks for the video tip. I had to get a sheet metal screw in order to bite into the plug because it was so different than the ones in the video.