Shit - now Tony Gwynn - RIP

Discussion in 'Sports' started by k7, Jun 16, 2014.

1. YnotJP?

YnotJP? Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for starting the thread, G.

I saw Tony play many times, being an Astro fan that attended a few games per year. The family always wanted to go see the Dodgers or the Giants, but I never minded watching San Diego play.

Tony was just so consistent. And appeared like such a gentleman on the field.

But he was so quiet. I always felt he didn't get his due...
  3. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    Well, it's sad that I had to start such a thread to mark the end of one of the better guys who played the game.

I had a few favorites growing up - Hank Aaron, Dusty Baker, Darrell Evans, Pete Rose, Johnny Bench., Ken Griffey (senior) etc. In the next generation, it was Terry Pendleton, Tony Gwynn, Fred McGriff, Jeff Blauser, etc.

It's sad for one to see his sports favorites passing on - and for many of us, this is just the beginning and will make us recall those fine summer evenings of listening and watching games.

Despite all the faults with the players today, I'm happy I have access to the games via the D-backs.
  4. bobobob

bobobob IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  5. Thorazine

Thorazine Likes exhaust fumes

Oddometer:
    Lanesplittin Valhalla--Southern California
    Grew up with the Dodgers, have always been mostly annoyed by the Puds, but I have always respected and admired Tony Gwynn. He was 100% class. Sad news. Condolences to his loved ones.