2013 Husqvarna 650 Terra

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by grunkster, Sep 11, 2012.

1. snailrider

snailrider Prostpector

Oddometer:
    I can spend my FRN (Federal Reserve Note) about anywhere in the world. That illusion is what I traded for my Terra. It was fun counting out them illusions in return for my Terra. Who cares about the politics. When the FRN dies, I will trade with something else. But Monopoly money is a different story. :lol3

You probably would be happier discussing politics I'm sure.

But since you don't seem to grasp what money really is, I will be kind and inform you.

Each dollar represents work I did. I earned it, it is a trading tool. So no matter wether it is backed by gold any longer is immaterial to me and the used of the FRN to trade my skills converted to dollars, for somebody else's skills.

It is really hard for me to pay for that bike with 7000 chickens mate.

But in Oz they use Monopoly money. :poser
  2. snailrider

snailrider Prostpector

Oddometer:
    In Canada they call em Loonies I guess.

Hey ONN, a question for ya. Is the shifter, clutch and brakes reversed on your motorcycles too? I know ye cars are funky that way.
  3. Pacificus

Pacificus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As I said, it's a common shared delusion. What is is backed on again? Or is it just mass mind control that makes the money system work?

Here, knock yourself out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EewGMBOB4Gg
  4. snailrider

snailrider Prostpector

Oddometer:
    Without all those evil people I would not have my bike or the gas to put in it, so I'm good with the dollar. It's the funny colorful ones from down under I find interesting.
  5. Pacificus

Pacificus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Without the slave master the slave would not have his daily cut of bread or drink of water. Or would he? And would his food choices be even better, while he has more opportunity to savour them?

There's more than one way to skin a banana, and some ways are much better than others.
  6. snailrider

snailrider Prostpector

Oddometer:
    Check your PM, the mods do not have a sense of humor here. They are oppressing me :lol3
  7. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Yep, may as well put this thread into CS&M now, load of crap again here.
  8. Surfinpig

Surfinpig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok back to da tr's,, who put panniers on and what kind?
  9. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    I'm not there yet, but I'm going with Berg Briggs' (BRMoto) racks and Wolfman Expedition Dry saddlebags.

For now the GL Fandango tank bag and Wolfman E-12's with a Dirtbagz duffel do the job pretty well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Rayzor61

Rayzor61 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally got my Strada Friday. Minimum time spent riding to install accessories. Everything is on and I gotta fashion a rad guard. I use powder coated black wire screen for the bottom of screen doors at the hardware depot. I use car door edge molding to wrap around edges for a clean look and tie it up with zip ties.

I getting it ready for the PA State ALTRIDER ADVENTURE "Conserve the ride 2013" Go to http://www.altrider.com/conserve-the-ride-2013/pid/1308 and check it out. Its a great Adventure enduro run with lots of good food and prizes.

If you live anywhere near Central PA, I strongly recommend attending.
  11. NextAdventre

NextAdventre Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How's about a how-to with pics? I've made a rad cover before, but used old grill plating. Please show is what ya did!
  12. Ol'NumNuts

Ol'NumNuts A Bloke and his Akita- Flynn

Oddometer:
    Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy.... You're settin urself up here to be strung along on the biggest yarn of the year....

But, I'm gonna be kind...

For starters we face the opposite way to you guys, so yes everything is on the opposite hand cause were always leaning back with our arms behind us.... Funny thing is our helmets face the same way as you guys cause we use the eyes in the back of our heads to see with.... : freaky : tongue : poke

Actually, in the last couple of years our Govt. has changed the registration requirements for LH Drive vehicles. So there is an increasing number of your ex-pat tin- tops driving around....
    I assure you, that for the most part everything, being foot pedals, blinker and wipers stalks, etc are all in the same place, it's just that we put the car steering wheel on the RIGHT side... Lol...

Otoh, if I get In a European car- well very time I want to use the blinkers the wipers go crazy or the horn blasts, etc... +1 beer!
  13. ADVJake

ADVJake ***** dweller

Oddometer:
    dont feed the trolls, or the thread will just go sideways again..

Actually would like to see more feedback on how the bike goes in rougher terrain. Most of the riding i've seen is rather mild dirt touring that a Vstrom could tackle with ease.

If its a true DR650 killer, it should be well composed when loaded up for a deep desert trek, or on nasty trails.
  14. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Have you read RuggedExposure's Border Rally Raid report?
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872817

If I recall correctly, he commutes on his, mostly offroad, everyday. He's definitely putting more offroad miles on his than anyone else as of late.
  15. snailrider

snailrider Prostpector

Oddometer:
    Good one, some folks don't get good humor and don't understand that there are different configurations of setups. Hopefully those who antagonize the trolls never have to mess with your left handed trolls down under :evil :thumb.
  16. snailrider

snailrider Prostpector

Oddometer:
    A nice little morsel...
  17. Adv Grifter

Adv Grifter on the road o'dreams

Oddometer:
    Exactly what I've been waiting for Jake. :thumb I'd love to see a Husky Terra loaded up for RTW and see how one does after 6 months in Russia/Mongolia, Australia or doing S. America.

But from the initial reports, must say I have a good feeling about this bike. I think it's a winner. I was very skeptical of its abilities vs. my DR650 ... but the more reports I read ... and after my short test ride ... I'm well impressed with the Terra thus far.

Tough off road may not be its strong suit, given it's about
    20 kgs. heavier than a DR650 ... but aside from that looks good.
  18. Rayzor61

Rayzor61 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Sure,

I will post it on the thread with the index so it may be added down the road

SEE: PAGE 62, POST # 917 of the other thread (Terra 650 Stupid questions)
  19. Harder1

Harder1 braaaap!

Oddometer:

I don't post much in this thread because it's 90% turd sandwich, but for those that like to ride the tough stuff, the Terra will do it. I spent all day yesterday chasing my brother on his DR650 through gnarly terrain at high speed. We rode the slimy tree root / mud / rocky single tracks for miles. We've been riding since before kindergarten and trust each other when we haul ass in the woods. I continue to be blown away by what the Terra can do. Yeah, it doesn't have 11" of travel, and weighs a lot, but it gets it done! I love the DR650 and think it still has an edge in the gnarly stuff - especially when you set them up proper. But other than knobbies, skid plate, etc. My bike is STOCK and it rips. I think the gas under the seat helps a lot in making the bike's weight disappear once in motion. You can wheelie over whoops, fallen trees, etc on command. You can power through corners in a drift like a dirt bike. You can lock up the rear and slide into your corners. It's scary to get used to, but once you become friends with the bike and commit - it does great.
    But here's the kicker...I didn't buy the Terra to be a dirtbike. I bought it to travel the back country on. That said, I love knowing what I can do on the bike if I want to - or if I have to.
    Lastly, the DR650 really can't compare to the Terra on the road. The Terra is faster, WAY smoother, more comfortable, and more nimble. It's a great bike. Some may want to worry about getting the best deal, gas mileage, what S.P. will do etc. I'm going to worry about finding as much time as possible to ride my Terra. :beer
  20. Adv Grifter

Adv Grifter on the road o'dreams

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap Excellent ride review .... IMO, BEST REVIEW so far on this thread describing the kind of off road riding I was waiting to hear about.

The next step is to load one up and hit the long road. I don't mean AMA Enduros ... just the typical stuff riders encounter doing Baja, S. America and Mongolia. BIG UPS Harder! :freaky:clap