Kamakaziozzy takes a licken from the Fuzzy Beaver and keeps on going!

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by kamakaziozzy, Oct 27, 2010.

1. kamakaziozzy

kamakaziozzy 3rd Wheel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :thumbup Howdy!
    <HR style="COLOR: #575757" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I rode down a couple weeks ago to Murphy NC. Found a dualsport ride called the Fuzzy Beaver! I just couldn't pass it up. After that I spent a week Dualsporting dirt, gravel roads @ hi altitude. Awesome!!! Did the dragon with 3 wheels drifting, lots of fun. Went back to Crawford campground the next weekend (Highly recomend it) for a KLR650.net Dualsport and road with those guys. after that decided to ride down to GA. to TWO. Very cool place! Headed on down to FL. In a couple days gonna head down to the Keys! I'm having a freakin ball!!! life is good on the road, I getta smellin a little but who cares. If this www. don't go thru check out killboy.com I'm on it. The one drifting the DS hack. Full ride report if I return? Kamakaziozzy takes a licken from the Fuzzy Beaver and keeps on going!
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LxZ4Mi3rR3...0/img_5046.jpg
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
  2. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Link works!

Very cool :clap
  3. Hobo

Hobo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great pic, KLR's with a hack are an absolute blast. Hopefully more people will find out.
  4. Flanny

Flanny Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer:
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the World, the Universe
    What brand of hack is that? Linky to manufacturer?
  5. ivel_86

ivel_86 Chair Ranger

Oddometer:
    man that is so cool!!!!!
  6. kamakaziozzy

Oddometer:
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    made by dauntless.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    does very well in the dirt too!
    I really like it. My first trip
    Later
    Kamakaziozzy
  7. If You Have Time On The Way Back From Fla, We Can Hook Up For Some More Off Road Riding In North Ga. I Have A Ural Give Me A Call Jon Davis 678/300/3787c
  8. kamakaziozzy

Oddometer:
    I will. I'm heading south tommorrow towards the Keys. What model do you have? I thought about a Ural.
    Later
    Kamakaziozzy
  9. RedMenace

RedMenace Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer:
    How did you do this? Looks like you had a fun ride!:D

[​IMG]
  10. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    Is that what you mean by 'reaching the balance point'? :D :D :D
    Been dere
  11. Kyler

Kyler Geezer

Oddometer:
    very cool pictures! you need an active passenger - you can really drift a corner with a decent monkey
  12. kamakaziozzy

Oddometer:
    Yip. A monkey would help. I haven't had any trouble drifting without one. Err.... Well... Maybe a little. But I'm having a blast. I left Indiana about 2 1/2 weeks ago road mostly back country roads down to Murphy NC. Crowfords Campground(great place) Home of the Fuzzy, screaming, sweaty and two others that I can't remember, Beaver DS rides. Road the moutains for about 10 days. Came thru GA. by TWO campground (very cool place) stayed about a week in Crystal River (visited Mom and Dad) rode with them and boated. Was gonna go to Largo and check out Dime City Cycles but didn't want to fight the traffic. (they take trashed CB450 type bikes and turn them into cafe style gems. Checkem out!) so I came on down to the Keys. Life Is Good!!! No time scheduale. No due home date. No nuttin. Just chillin. Lovin it. Full ride report with a ton of pics when I get (if I go) home. Read all about the Fuzzy Beaver DS here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606924&page=40
    later
    Kamakaziozzy
  13. kamakaziozzy

Oddometer:
    Howdy!
    I rode with your brother. I think his name is Kris or Chris? In Attica DS a month or so ago. BMW 650. He was talking about that wasp CR 500 rig. Sounds cool. Braaap! Said you do the Pikes Peak Run. Ever need a monkey or driver I'm all in. Always wanted to do that when I use to dirt track. But as I remember you use to have to sign up a year in advance and in those days I didn't know if I would be busted up, still riding or Ali e for that matter from day to day let alone a year in advance!
    Later
    Kamakaziozzy
  14. Kyler

Kyler Geezer

Oddometer:
    Yup - Kris is my bro - a pretty good one too as brothers go :lol3

My regular passenger and I took the wasp on a big DS ride recently - write-up here - I highly recommend it - come over next year - you can do the easier routes and avoid the options.

I have 2 guys waiting to passenger for PPIHC next year - I'll put you down as third alternate. I never thought it would be so easy to get passengers
  15. kamakaziozzy

Oddometer:
    I got back home last week, over 5,000 miles, 3 rear tires, 1 blow out on
    I-65 and that's a story in itself, to be told when I have more time, 7 states, made it to Key West, sorry 3 legged dog, I went home thru Alabama insteead of the Eastern states and I was missin the wife and kids after a month on the road or I was planning on calling you up and getting dirty. Let's make it happen later. Hey what's up with the above photo bucket photos goin away? do I need a different photo thing? anyway here is a taste of the trip. right now I'm gonna help my girl who just turned 12 yesterday work on her horse barn then she wants to go for a ride in the hack. Now how can I say no? So no time to get to much detail......

I got dirty

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I got sideways

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I got stuck
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I found ditches
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

my bed for 29 days. I wussed out and got a hotel 1 day.
    I miss it already.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

At this place I followed a dirt road to this camp. nobody around but me and the bears, somewhere in NC mtns. I had a big ass fire going, I figured that would keep all but the crazed bears away. With my lil head injury I can't sleep at night without pills, so there I lie half doped up 99% asleep. One of the BIG logs rolls off the fire over some leftover cans.... in a instant I roll out of the hammock land on all fours my eyes bigger than 21" rims, looking to see where the pissed off bear is so I know wich way to RUN LIKE HELL!!! Once I figure out it was a freakin log! It took another hour for my heart to slow down egnough to even think about sleeping:lol3 :lol3 :lol3

If you can't laugh at yourself....you shouldn't go on a 30 day trip with a head injury! I did ALOT of backtracking.... no GPS, alot of U turns, somethings I saw twice, somethings I didn't remember the first time, so it was like seing them for the first time. I try to look at the good side of brain damage! Even when I read a Cycle World for the second time, it's like the first time! cause I forgot what it said.:lol3 I was lost most of the time cause I was in places I've never been before. So i was cool with that.
    When I get somewhat settled into somewhat of regular life and work, I'll get back to this RR with a ton of pics and stories.....
    Later
    Kamakaziozzy<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  16. Bucho

Bucho DAMNrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice hack, glad to see you are taking it off the pavement.
  17. CharlieT

CharlieT old school

Oddometer:
    You were running the Dragon on Monday, OCt 18th. I remember seeing you heading the other direction up there. I was headed the opposite direction on old-style Goldwing hack with a Ural sidecar on it. Only saw one other hack on the Dragon that day other than you...a big Gold, Goldwing 1800.

Want to have some DS fun? Try it with a GoldWing hack sometime!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
  19. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good Lord look at the Bow Wave