Nfl: Detroit lions

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 1LIFE2LIVE, Aug 13, 2011.

1. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Strong core of players, another excellent draft with some great free agent signings = Gonna be good, Real Good this season and should make the playoffs for the 1st time in a long, Long time :freaky

Lions 34 - Bengals 3

:clap
  2. Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer:
    You haven't been following the Lions for very long, have you??? :huh
  3. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    What Detroit needs it a really good wide receiver. I sure hope they drafted one in the first round. :lol3
  4. AC Swank

AC Swank Banned

Oddometer:
    It's a good thing visiting teams only have to play the Lions and not the city of Detroit. :D
  5. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Are there 46 people left in Detroit?
  6. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    "Whole lotta smack talk comin' in round these parts. Any you twirps wanna talk that shit in person, look up #90."

[​IMG]

"Come on down to -2000 Brush Street, Detroit, MI 48226-, my availability is posted all over the internet."

Sounds like you guys are making Ndamakong not very happy. I wouldn't want to be on the business end of an unhappy Suh. No-siree.

Bout time this team has something exciting to put on the field. Suh is on a Barry Sanders type level wrt reason to buy a ticket. He will put on a show and he comes to work each and every game. QB's gotta be having nightmares thinking about him coming up on their backside. :clap
  7. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    Head up here sometime and we'll head down and make it 48. I know a couple really good brewpubs near Ford Field. :freaky
  8. PoundSand

PoundSand Long timer

Oddometer:
    To their credit, they're learning - they waited until their 2nd pick for a WR last time... :D
  9. AC Swank

AC Swank Banned

Oddometer:

Now that you mention it, I may have over estimated the number of persons actually residing in Detroit. :D
  10. AC Swank

AC Swank Banned

Oddometer:
    I hope you're right however it takes a lot more effort to forget about losing than it does to learn how to win. Sadly, the Lions have only known the former for over 30 years now. :cry
  11. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    I'd like to get up there. Both to take a gander at Michiganders. To attend a UofM game. To go see the Russian Tanker in Marquette and visit the crew. Oh, and Suh is one of my favorite players. :thumb
  12. WaterWheel

WaterWheel Multi Talentless

Oddometer:
    If there's one thing I know about the NFL, it's that you should read as much as you can into the first preseason game of a shortened training camp.
  13. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    I do agree that the Lions have managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for a looong time now. The feeling of hope around here comes from the actions and behavior of both Martin Mayhew and The Swartz. (granted, Lions fans are hopelessly optimistic each training camp) The two of them bring a professionalism to the organization that I have never seen in my 25+ years of being a fan. Odd that Mayhew worked under that fuck Millen yet seems to really understand how to do his job.

If the team can just avoid this injury bug that seems to be bouncing around again. Nick Fairley is gonna love playing with Suh and I believe Suh will benefit greatly as well, even though there is little other teams can do to stop him. What a beast he is.

Fingers crossed that Stafford can show he's not a china doll and Megatron lives up to his billing. Still not confident with the O-line, even though they didn't show too poorly last season, all things considered.
  14. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    I just put all my daughter's college money on the Lions getting to the NFC Championship game. Bad bet? Hell no, I'm gonna hit it big. Then I'ma buy me a fancy new KLR AND fund her a full ride through the Community College of her choice. :deal
  15. AC Swank

AC Swank Banned

Oddometer:

$ 5.00 at 1500 to 1 odds.... :D
  16. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    You should check the numbers. They're at 30:1, although IIRC, they were lower than that a couple weeks ago, pre-injuries.
  17. AC Swank

AC Swank Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm not a betting person and have really no idea how to read the odds however at Cappers web site, they list the Lions at 1500 to 1 to make the play-offs. :scratch
  18. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    Maybe you were reading a money line, which always cornfuses me.

Odds to win Superbowl - 25:1 (:rofl:rofl :rofl)

Odds to win NFC Championship - 12:1 (again, :rofl:rofl:rofl)

I am hopeful we'll be watching a playoff game this season, but beyond that I am very doubtful. Teams gotta learn how to play in meaningful games. They ain't there yet.
  19. AC Swank

AC Swank Banned

Oddometer:
    I should ask my wife, wait, all she knows about money is how to spend it. :lol3

How true, teams need to win the games they should and a few they shouldn't. That's how champions do it.
  20. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    Your wife and mine must have graduated in the same class at the University of Wifedom. :lol3