Calgarians that dualsport

Discussion in 'Canada' started by macuser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. TheMuffinMan54

TheMuffinMan54 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Interesting, my wife has the exact same pair of bikes. I'm gonna have to find out what she's doing all day when I'm at work...haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:

Did you lower it, too?
  3. TheMuffinMan54

Oddometer:
    Yep. And shaved the seat...5 feet of fury

4. Spud303

Spud303 ADV AL

Oddometer:
    Less than one month left of EARLY BIRD PRICING for the Adventure without Limits ride on July 18th! Early bird registration is only $40.00 until May 1st. By signing up and helping to raise funds for CP Alberta you will have the chance to win some amazing prizes from some of our favorite industry experts. We are excited to announce our newest sponsor to the event – ADV Addicts Moto Apparel! They have generously added more awesome prizes to our already stacked pile! Take advantage of this early bird pricing, this ride is one you will not want to miss and spots are filling up quickly. www.adventurewithoutlimits.com
  5. DualSport855

DualSport855 Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Guys, take a look at Spud303's project. I have met Alan and his heart is truly behind this ride and fund raising campaign. I think it is a great thing we can all be a part of.

2007 JK Wrangler and KTM 990
  6. ford99_1979

ford99_1979 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've signed up. Looking forward to it
  7. wylie348

wylie348 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would love to have done this ride - unfortunately away for family camping trip...

8. wylie348

Oddometer:
    Well, looking good so far - new hitch and wiring on Highlander tomorrow, picking trailer day after. Now to find me a bike for wifey (and daughter). Too bad the two TTR's in Calgary were sold before I could get to them!
    Back to the flea market...
  9. kaptinkaos

kaptinkaos Just some nOOb

Oddometer:
    New toy... Sold the 990. Back to a thumper, lol!

[​IMG]

Not working due to the oilfield being a fickle beast, so... Summer of moto here I come. 450 is primed for some serious mountain attack and this thing is in pieces getting loved and serviced generously prior to some off road traveling this summer. Where? Who cares, anywhere.
  10. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    Love the 640A!
  11. DualSport855

Oddometer:
    Kaptinkaos that 640 looks great. Look forward to seeing it on a ride this year! Welcome back to the forum!

12. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:

Likewise. I used a Soupy Link. It's a pretty good system. Got their kickstand with it too. Also a good piece.

How did her seat turn out?
  13. TheMuffinMan54

Oddometer:

Yeah I'm not sure who makes the lowering kit we put on...it was one of the plate kits rather than the pull rod type. Dropped it about 1.75". Had my brother shorten the stock kickstand and welded a larger foot on while we were at it.

Seat turned out great. I did the foam cut myself then we took it to Andrea at Powersport seats to put a gel pad on. I never did measure it but I figure between the lowering kit and the seat cut we dropped the seat height at least 3". A set of Rox offset risers to pull the bars back an inch rounded out the short girl mods.

14. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    There is nothing better than a bike that fits the rider just right. It helps with confidence and skill development when there isn't discomfort or other distractions.

I truly have never been more comfortable on any other bike that I have owned over the past 35 years than my 990. Even the stock windshield works perfect for me, and I have listened to countless complaints about that.
  15. DualSport855

Oddometer:
    A few of us are putting together an easy after work ride for Thursday night. Meet at Winsport (COP) Shell between 5:30 and 6:00 pm riding west past Cochrane up FTR Highway 40 to 579 Water Valley then back to town. We are hopeful for good weather and no ice in the corners. All welcome

16. Northern Hooligan

Northern Hooligan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What year and did you get that one in the USA ... looks like one that was posted in the bike section. I would love to get a 2007.
  17. wylie348

Oddometer:
    That sounds like a fun ride but outta town Thursday night

18. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    If you're lady doesn't mind, I'd like to have my wife try your CB seat.
    Ideally, I'd like to bring the bike up a bit. Of course, seat height needs to stay the same.
  19. kaptinkaos

kaptinkaos Just some nOOb

Oddometer:
    I've only put 200kms on it (with my 450 plate on, don't tell!), but I already love this thing... It's like my old Dakar, but with REAL suspension! Rider's Edge has already had their fingers in it and it's great!

Thanks man! Was working way too much... not riding enough... Screw work, I'm off for the summer. :D

Nope, picked it up outta BC. It's an 06 and "mostly" unmodified. The PO hacked the snorkel off the airbox which is a p!ssoff, but other than some scabby wiring that I discarded and some minor refreshing it's fairly mint. Just finished the carb rebuild and rocker bearings, coolant flush/water pump rebuild and lash check later this week if parts arrive. Waiting on rotors for it to pass out of province inspection... lame. Oh well, means I'm gonna BRAAAAP this weekend on the four fiddy. Good thing it's street legal too!

Check out these new headlights:
    [​IMG]

There's more of a write up on the 640 if you click the link in my sig. Custom light bracket build ala me.
  20. TheMuffinMan54

Oddometer:

I'm sure I could work that out...I'll see what my next two weeks looks like. I could probably bring the seat with me next trip into the city, meet up somewhere and pop it into your wife's bike for a quick test?