wanted..socal Los Angeles tracks

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by lukeinlondon, May 3, 2013.

1. lukeinlondon

lukeinlondon LC GSA/Helix

Oddometer:
    I am smack bang in the middle of hollywood..great for hitting the canyons..terrible for hitting any dirt...would like to see if people have any tracks that they have created who have lived or live in my neck of the 'woods'..

thanks guys
  2. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    What do you want street or pavement?
    Might help if you were a little more clear on what type of tracks/riding your looking for.
  3. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just get Forest maps to see what is ouit there. When you go all legal routes are very clearly marked. You don't need a GPS.

Actually best maps are by Ca Trail Users Coalition (CTUC) jet them from Friends of Jawbone.
  4. THRASHED

THRASHED In your helmet, no-one can hear you sing, I hope.

Oddometer:
    5 North to the 14 to Sierra Hwy. I haven't ridden it yet but have hear it's not too shabby. That and to the South of the 14. I've been looking for a route from San Dimas to that area doing dirt. May have to do some hwy miles in the beginning though.
  5. masai91

masai91 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What about Los Angeles Forest?
    I have an app called ORV Trails that's from Polaris ATV and it shows some trails from highway 39 to the 2 across the forest.
    I used the 2 once to go to Vegas (by car) and it's an amazing road for sports cars and street bikes, but I've never tried those trails.
    Anyone knows something about them?
  6. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am sure that Friends of Jawbone has a map for Angeles forest area published by CTUA. Basically OHV area at Gorman, Bouquet Cyn, San Gabrial Cyn, Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear with graded dirt roads between.
  7. Mexipino

Mexipino n00b

Oddometer:
    The trail between hwy 39 and hwy 2 is called the Rincon trail and I was up there about a month ago, only got about 10 miles in before having to turn around because Edison in putting in new towers back there. If you want up to date info on the trail you can either call or go into the Glendora ranger station here is the address and phone number.

• <address itemprop="address" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/PostalAddress"> 110 N Wabash
      Glendora, CA 91741</address>

• (626) 335-1251 ​

P.S. You have to get a gate combo to get on the trail, its locked at both ends It is free and you get it at the ranger station.
  8. The Oracle

The Oracle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good info, thanks!
  9. Timthai

Timthai Never still Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last update I saw (a week or so back) the middle section was closed due to landslide. In the 3 years I've been in LA, I don't think I've ever seen a report that it's open all the way through... Either Edison or rockfalls/slides.