Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Huskylove

Huskylove Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Found some decent deals on SM610's locally. I have a smr450 2006, and it is a trooper.

How do they do at say 75-80 cruising on the freeway? I know my 450 wants to putt at about 70 is 6700 rpm.

Also are the 2008+ 610's immune from the keyway crank thingy coming loose? What about clutch basket problems? Do the 08+ eat timing chains like crazy?

630's are nice but they were going OTD for 6k and people are asking 7! What the hell kind of bike appreciated.
  2. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    An Emphatic no! You gotta check it.

My 08 ate the washers.

Again, my 08 ate the first chain at about 6k . The second lasted quite a bit longer but it's due again.
    Those guys prolly paid 11 :deal
    I know I'd have a hard time letting go after BMW firesale'd those things and nuked the market.
  3. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Just thought I'd send an update. I think my pickup on the brake assembly wasn't close enough to the magnet on the disc. I filed it smooth and screwed it in a bit closer and all is well.

Btw, I finally had a chance to look at my power up mod and my blinking neutral light turned out to be that the resister wasn't hooked up correctly. I soldered up the resister using tabs and plugged it in correctly and WOW! What a difference! This thing has almost too much power after riding my little Ninja 250 as my daily commuter! Will have to get used to it again this spring and summer.
  4. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    My stock rear sprocket bit the dust today, having broken a couple of teeth on it. So I think I'm going to just replace the whole shebang. I know dropping down a tooth in the front, to 14, seems to be an almost universal recommendation. What about the rear sprocket? Stock is a 45, I think? Go up a couple? Leave it be?

Also, anyone have good or bad experiences with the Kush sprockets? It's supposed to emulate a rear cush hub? They have a 41, a 45, and a 50.
    https://kushsprockets.3dcartstores.com/Husqvarna-Kush-Sprocket_p_15.html

:ear
  5. K7MDL

K7MDL 2015 Tiger 800XCx

Oddometer:

I use Ironman sprockets on my DS bikes. Seem to last forever. Went up to 47T on the 610. 14/17 combo is perfect for me to do dirt roads and commute. If I was going to do more than a few hours of 70+ I have a 15T I can swap on. If there is a lot of trail planned I will put a 13T on and be able to use 2nd gear more. The 47T has given me the flexible solution. In reality for commuting and Moab, and general DS rides the 14/47T is all I use, it has been a very long time since ever chaining the front sprocket, it is a good compromise, power in 6th without winding it out.
  6. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My opinion is that while that's better than nothing, it that can't possibly be as effective as an actual cush hub.

I bought a new set of Desert Race tires Friday and will be pulling the trigger on a rear wheel with a Rad cush hub Monday. My stock sprocket is still good, so I'll be moving it over with the disc, but a Dirt Tricks is definitely in the bike's future.
  7. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've tried a bunch of combos, stock 15/45 is not for me. Went to 14/47 then 13/47 (liked that). Then 15/49 and that was good, but put the 14/49 on and love it!! Still have all the sprockets and when it really nasty ill use 13/49, but I highly recommend going big in the back and staying at 14 or 15 up front. 13 puts you past the right RPMs for good power to quickly. Please let us know how the Kush sprocket holds up. I've heard dirt beats them up pretty bad.
  8. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can still pull well into the high 70 mph range with the 14/49
  9. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    I decided to get the 14/47 combo from DirtTricks, along with one of their chains. Maybe I'll do a Kush sprocket at some point later, or maybe I'll just wait 'till Taranis reports back on his experience with the RAD hub. My front 15 is still in good shape, so if I need that for any long freeway rides, I can slap that on.
  10. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    I use iron man rear and OEM front! The OEM last better than all the others I've tried. The iron man sprockets are really durable!!
  11. Xcuvator

Xcuvator Justa Venturer

Oddometer:
    I have been waiting to hear how the new bonding process for two years now.
    I just did a Google and it appears nothing has been released, so I suspect they haven't been successful in building something that will hold up. The Kush website has said out of stock for a long time.
  12. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    :nod

I've put Ironman rear sprockets on my 630, 610, and 310 and a couple of big XR's and a 525 - they're just about impossible to wear out.
  13. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there enough range in the chain adjusters to swap a 13 front to a 17 w/o adding a link?
  14. mountain eagle

mountain eagle terrorist

Oddometer:
    Maybe, depends on your setup. I can go 13-16t front with two links more than stock and a 50t rear. Then convert to 17/47 (I think, have to check) with a sumo set up.
  15. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah I run one chain and can run 13, 14, 15 & 16 with 50 rear (15/50 is my favorite off road set up) and then sumo set up with the same chain is 17/47
  16. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I dont think a 17 will fit? I run 14, 15, 16 with stock 45. I created a thread on a gizmo shim setup for switching between 14 and 16. It worked well eliminating need to change adjustment screws...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  17. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have been running 17 tooth for 6 years now. You cant run a chain guard but it fits.
  18. Huskylove

Huskylove Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cam chain problem is a deal breaker for me....maybe i will keep an eye for a 630 at the right price (under 6200$ish)

Only bikes on the market that appreciate :/
  19. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    The only problem doing this is when adjusted all the way forward it makes the rear brake line bend more and put pressure on the brake. You have to crack the bleeder and let som fluid out and top it off when you pull it back. No big deal, just remember to do it. I have mine adjusted forward and the throw in the brake peddle feels short due to this. Anyone else have this happen?
  20. sein

sein Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My '06 TE610 was struck by a car while parked last week, and judging by the marks on my handlebars it looks like it fell on its right-hand side. Not sure how long it was on its side because someone had picked it back up by the time I saw it.

Since then I've had some issues with the gas tank not venting. First thing i noticed was an odd noise coming from behind the headlight, which was a sort of periodic wheezing. This turned out to be coming from the vent hose attached to the top left of the gas tank. About every 30 seconds it would let some air out, then stop. Opening the tank revealed it to be under some small amount of pressure, and I was able to reproduce the issue again just by shaking the tank.

In addition to that, if I run the bike for a little while without shaking it, a vacuum forms in the tank. Air does not appear to be getting sucked into the hose mentioned above when this happens.

Is it possible the vent hose is just clogged with something, or perhaps got knocked out of wherever it was mounted so it's now malfunctioning? (it's currently just hanging loose behind the headlight, but there are indentations on the end of the hose that make it look like it might have been clamped to something.) Anything else I should check?