Hard Case Question

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Nimi, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Nimi

Nimi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know, or could you please direct me to the right thread, what hard cases would fit the stock case rack on the '13 8G? Or whether there is a kit to convert other cases to fit? Not interested in the OEM case but hope to reuse the racks that came with the lux package. Thanks!
  2. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    him again :norton

Reaver, still no profile? What shall we do about him :lol3
  3. Nimi

Nimi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm a n00b, I'm allowed dumb questions that have been hashed and rehashed a million times before. The Search function confounds me, and Google is only slightly more helpful. I WILL fill in my profile. Soon. Thanks...
  4. KiLO

KiLO Adventure Cafe

Oddometer:
    I know what you mean about the search function, but I've learned that you need to search for specific posts if you want to get into the nitty gritty.

Choose "oddometer" at the search.

[​IMG]
  5. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    Yeah, we need to have the n00bs pass an exam and inspection or something. You know the red text "Please fill in the missing boxes before proceeding"

Nothing but OEM cases fit your OEM racks. Happy Fabbing.
  6. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    There's a Dumb question thread but we'll be nice to you since you're based close to a nice beach down there.
  7. Nimi

Nimi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys are killing me. Who does a girl have to suck here to get a straight answer? He better not be a Canadian!
  8. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:

Lets split the work:

New Owners - Stupid Questions Thread
  9. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    Well for one, I already answered your question but hey, suck whoever you want.

We're not trying to be rude, we just like to know who we're talking to. Someone struggling with English as a second or fourth language needs to be spoken to in terms they can understand. When a fluent n00b comes in and starts asking all the basic questions without bothering to do a little research first, Loutre is sent for them. You're walking in on a movie 3/4 done and asking out loud "who's this guy? Who's that guy? Why'd this guy kill that guy?"

So, again, ONLY BMW BAGS FIT BMW RACKS. You have the Vario racks so if you don't like them, you can buy something else or just fab up your own system. Maybe there's a Tico there you can persuade to do that for you.
  10. Nimi

Nimi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I missed your earlier answer, thanks!

While I am fluent in English, it's sometime hard to navigate these forums, with their inadequate search engines, numerous threads on same topic, secret handshakes, etc. So at the risk of showing nOOBness, for the sake of brevity (but never laziness), I try to ask a simple, straight question and hope that someone will simply give me the answer. Which you did, and I should have read your reply more closely; the green threw me off...

I think fabbing will be the way to go, since I need a surfboard rack on the other side. Ticos are not know for their engineering skills, so might ship it state-side.
  11. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    No prob. We hassle both the innies and the outies. The Parallel section's been getting boring lately so we get restless. :1drink

The OEM racks are getting easy to find and cheap now that they come installed from the factory so don't be afraid to use them in your mods. Hack away.

Oh, and learn how to post pics cause we gotta see a surfboard on an F8! :huh
  12. lakota

lakota Geeser Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1
  13. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just wait until mid winter when we're suffering from no-ride-itus. :dog It's kind of like that week you hide in the garage working on the bikes because being in the house with the wife is not safe :annie The only thing that keeps the sanity levels somewhat grounded is the Aussies who are enjoying their summer (but they're not all that grounded to begin with :D all that upsidedowness and the blood rushing to their heads ).
  14. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    English.

Straight enough?