WJ Grand Cherokee Hemi reviews?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by theraymondguy, Aug 24, 2013.

1. theraymondguy

theraymondguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Didn't know if I should put this in the toy section or not. Need something larger than our Liberty. We're looking for a second vehicle, something to tow our 19' travel trailer and DOMINATE in mall parking wars.

[​IMG]

Anyone have experience with the 2005 - 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L Hemi?

No disgruntled "I didn't service my rig and now the warranty's over" bs please.:deal
  2. CycleDoc59

CycleDoc59 Wrench Rider

Oddometer:
  3. concours

concours WFO for 50 years

Oddometer:

What are "Mall parking lot wars"?
  4. theraymondguy

theraymondguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

:huh
  5. BigEasy

BigEasy Fish Eyed Heathen

Oddometer:
    Robbie Gordon has a Hemi in a Jeep, I think he would understand. The fun starts at the 7 minute mark:lol3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZK6r_SA-OI
  6. Mr. Canoehead

Mr. Canoehead Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer:
    Calgary, dreaming of riding the Alps, again
    You should probably ask the mods to move this to "Shiny Things" - you'll get more action there.
  7. ABHooligan

ABHooligan The Flying Mythos

Oddometer:
    I didn't service my rig and now the warranty's expired and now Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Eagle/Mercedes/Fiat won't fix the problems and developed under warranty so I would not buy one and I would stay far far away.

:D
  8. concours

Oddometer:
    Of course.:moon
  9. Range Motorsport

Range Motorsport Junk collector

Oddometer:
    It's the WK and it was produced from 2005-2010. The 5.7L in that makes it crazy fast and will pull a trailer nicely, fuel mileage however isn't the best. A friend drives one and she gets about 19mpg hwy driving like the old lady she is.
  10. The Letter J

The Letter J Long timer

Oddometer:
    My wife drives a WK with the 4.7L and while it pulls the trailer fine, I wish we had bought the Hemi instead. My last Ram 3500 had the Hemi and had no problems dragging a 10,000lb trailer around. Mileage in our 4.7 WK is ~18 if ALL highway but usually closer to 14-15, the Hemi actually gets better mileage on the highway than the 3.7 or 4.7 in the same model... the extra 100hp would be fun too. The Commander shares the same chassis with the WK and has slightly more headroom and a third row if that matters at all to you. I am a bit tall at 6'5" and visibility sucks for me in the WK, I actually fit better (headroom, not legroom) in the older Liberty's like yours.

You know they offered the 6.1L Hemi in those as well right?:wink:
  11. baldman1

baldman1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You do realize "hemi" is now just a marketing term? The original Hemi's were groundbreaking but the new ones are just like any other engine out there. Most modern engines run the Hemi head design including my weedeater.
  12. concours

Oddometer:
    I tell people that same thing all the time... but alas, visualizing a combustion chamber, never mind a HEMISPERICAL combustion chamber, is hard for today's motorist (reference Subaru commercials).