Bmw navigator v launched !

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by atg, Sep 20, 2013.

1. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    Your pairing sequence is fine as long as you understand that in Multipoint Pairing, where it refers to Phone you are using the NAV5.

I am using iOS 7.1 on my iPhone 5. As I told you in the beginning, I have a Sena SMH10-R and Sena doesn't plan to have the SMH10-R v5 code available until Summer(?).

Here is what the v5.0 Manual says about "Voice Dialing" (which is the same as activating Siri):
    If this isn't working you might want to call Sena.
  2. Nick 187

Nick 187 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dan. I have followed the instructions to the letter and I'm thinking v.5 and/or iOS 7.1 may be culprit.

Ill give Sena a call Monday.

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions.

Take care.

NS
  3. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    So what happens with you press the Phone button on the Sena?
  4. Nick 187

Oddometer:
    Nothing happens. If I hold it down long enough it puts Sena in pairing mode.

I downgraded my Sena to 4.3 and phone dialing from NAV 5 is working great. Also, i can activate Siri from NAV 5 Voice Now button however pushing phone button on Siri doesn't work.

Im thinking iOS 7.1 must be the culprit.

THoughts?

5. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    Hold on. Let's keep the NAV5 out of this for now. Turn it OFF.

Now that you have the Sena at v4.3, when you have the NAV5 Off, and the Sena paired with the iPhone, can you activate Siri or the phone by pressing the "phone" button on the Sena?
  6. Nick 187

Oddometer:
    I cannot.

I can listen to music. I can make calls from iPhone. I can activate Siri from iPhone. Nothing happens when I hit phone button.
  7. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    Although I don't think the problem is with the iPhone, do you have access to another phone?
  8. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    Nick, There is one other thing you can do to prove it is not the iPhone.

Turn on the NAV5 with the Sena and iPhone ON. When all three are paired as they should be, on the NAV5 open the Phone App and press the Voice Dial button.

It should activate Siri.
  9. Nick 187

Oddometer:
    I can activate Siri from the Speak Now Button on the NAV V. I can activate it from the iPhone home button. Still can't activate it from the Sena Phone Button.
  10. Nick 187

Oddometer:
    I can activate Siri from Sena if I double tap the phone button and hear Speed Dial....then tap it again and Siri will activate.

Progress.
  11. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    The reason for trying to activate Siri via the NAV5 is because the NAV5 is going to send the same command as the Sena "should" be sending.

Now that it's working, it would seem that the Sena SMH10 "Make a Call" process is not documented properly in the Manual and maybe should be reprogrammed.
  12. Nick 187

Oddometer:
    Perhaps on the documentation however....

Several weeks ago before I got my NAV V and before the iOS 7.1 upgrade i was running Sena v.5 and my iPhone alone for music and calls. THEN....Siri would activate with one push of the Sena Phone Button.

iOS 7.1 made some changes in how Siri is activated on the iPhone in terms of holding down the button to prompt Siri to end listening. Im thinking this change in code has somehow created this "problem" with this particular Sena model and regardless of the Sena version of software.

Dan if you're ever in NoCo/FoCo hit me up.....i owe you many many beers or whatever....

I will be calling Sena tomorrow to see what their spin on this is...

Thank you.
  13. Rocky TFS

Rocky TFS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Boy, you guys are doing a bang up job of convincing me NEVER to get a smartphone!!!!!!:rofl

I can (finally) listen to music AND get Nav prompts.....I think that's ALL I'll want to do for a long time.:lol3

(The fact that the only person on earth who would ever think of contacting me on my moto is my wife might have something to do with it.):evil
  14. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    No changes to Siri activation on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1 but I'll take your word for changes to the 5S.

I'll be doing a NAV5 & BaseCamp session at the BMW MOA Rally this summer if you're attending stop by and say hello.
  15. Rocky TFS

Oddometer:
    Anyone else had this happen? I'm riding along, listening to my music, when all of a sudden the next song goes to about 4 times normal speed.....WAY faster than Alvin:eek1. I punch next song and it's fine.

When I look at that song with Explorer, it has the expected size and when played direct from the Navigtor with Windows Player it sounds normal.:huh

On another issue, is everyone experiencing clipping of the first word or syllable of the Nav prompts when they interrupt the music?
  16. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    Send the MP3 file that is causing the issue to Garmin Prod Support. I found this issue with v2.50 and reported it and they asked for the MP3 file.

I've had no problem with the NAV5 audio activation. There seems to be good delay between channel activation and audio--I'm using a Sena SMH10R.
  17. Rocky TFS

Oddometer:
    I'll update to V2.60 and see if it makes a difference.

Edit: No difference, except that the song which played fast now plays normal and a different one plays fast. :huh So far, I have only found this anomaly on some old scratchy Blues recordings.
  18. Bobo

Bobo Been here awhile Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anyone been successful at pairing a Samsung S4 to the Nav5? Mine paired but it won't stay connected for more than a few seconds. I don't have anything else paired to the Nav5. My S4 had no problems with my 660. When I get home tonight I will try another phone. I will be very upset if the S4 isn't compatible.
  19. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:

My NAV5 did this at first. I did a Master Reset and that took care of the problem.
  20. Bobo

Bobo Been here awhile Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that seemed to work. It was still a little flakey until I paired my Sena SMH10. The Nav5 would keep connecting and disconnecting until I paired with the Sena. Same thing I did before but now it seems to be working properly.