Launch of Dubinky, Adventure Apparel

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by COXR650L, Nov 9, 2012.

1. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im sure some here in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Rockies</st1:place> fourm have read my posts over the past year or so and offered help and advise to me as I was in the process of getting my new motorcycle clothing apparel company up and running. I wanted to say thank you to everyone that gave me advise and offered insight:bow Due in part to the help I've recieved here I finally have pants and j<st1:place w:st="on">erseys</st1:place> in stock and ready to sell.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I’ll keep this brief because there is a thread in vendors that highlights the products and the website, Dubinky.com, but I wanted to let you guys know that all ADV’rs can use coupon code “advrider” for 10% off and we also offer discounts for, military, police and fire.
    <o:p></o:p>
    Anyone in the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> area that would like to see the gear, just send me a PM and we can set up a time and I can bring it by your house or meet somewhere.
    <o:p></o:p>
    Just a quick highlight of each product………..

COLROADO PANT

Dubinky's Colorado Pant is the most versatile pant on the market, offering a true 4 season riding pant that has unsurpassed protection and durability for Enduro and Dual Sport Motorcycle Riders alike. Designed for the rigors of riding in extreme conditions and temperatures this is ideal for trail, enduro and adventure riders who need the flexibility and protection from the elements in a variety of terrain and weather conditions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features:
    -MADE IN THE USA
    -Four Season Pant
    -Windproof when fully zipped
    -Large front and rear YKK zippered vents provide maximum cooling for summer riding
    -YKK locking zipper sliders allow precise control of ventilation and airflow
    -Shell construced of 100% nylon for durability and protection
    -840d Nylon on the upper shell allows for movement and comfort, while the entire lower leg is made of heavy weight 1680d Nylon for maximum protection where riders need it the most
    -Full grain leather on both inner legs provides wear protection against the bike
    -Inner leg leather is a high oil content leather, which adds durability in all weather cionditions
    -Fitted waist and hip area allow for a natural riding fit
    -Tall back waist line provides comfort and coverage
    -Pre-formed knees match a natural riding position
    -Designed to be used with knee braces/pads. Knees feature a "ballooned" designed to accommodate the additional bulk of the braces/pads and the inner liner is reinforced with 840d Nylon
    -4 pockets, including ID/credit card pocket
    -Waist cinch straps allow for excellent fit and adjustability.
    -Leg cinch straps provide secure closure of the lower leg and prevents snagging and unintentional opening while riding
    -Moisture wicking mesh liner adds versatility in a wide range of climates

COLROAOD JERSEY

Dubinky's Colorado Jersey is designed to be the perfect multi-purpose jersey for use in a variety of riding conditions. Rider comfort is key. The Colorado Jersey allows freedom of movement, perfect for Enduro and Trail Riding or Dual Sport and Adventure Riding. The jersey is an excellent base-layer with it's moisture wicking fabric that keeps the rider dry in a variety of conditions from summer heat to winter cold. Bold, yet simple graphics create a classic and original look using lighter colors that help keep the rider cool on hot summer days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FEATURES:
    -Heavy weight moisture wicking micro-mesh fabric
    -V-Neck collar for unrestricted movement
    -Reinforced collar
    -Reinforced sleeve cuffs for a precise fit
    -Durable, fade free sublimated graphics
    -Neutral colors keep the rider cool, and the jersey looking cleaner between washes

Again, thanks for all the help and Im happy to answer any questions,
    Ben
  2. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    To help get some product out there as cheap as possible I am going to sell one of the sample pairs of pants I have. Only one is available now, so hows $70 plus shipping sound? Or If you are in the metro area I will deliver:deal

The pants are a size Large (40.5-37in waist) and were a sewn sample from the manufacture that is making the current Colorado Pant. This pair is brand new, never worn, and identical to the current pant with the exception of:
    -No logos or embroidery anywhere on the pant.
    -2 seams on each thigh were only sewn with a single needle vs double needle on the current pant (the seam is still double stitched)
    -Fly zipper is plastic coil vs YKK metal
    -Leather on the inner legs is a "naked" leather and does not have the high oil content of the current pant. It will still hold up fine, but may show more signs of wear.
    -There may be a few faint chalk marks I missed wiping off.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fit, function and performance are identical to the current pant.
    So $70 bucks for a brand new pair of pants:eek1 and Ill drop it off at your door!

Thanks
    Ben
  3. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    Nice Ben! It looks good, and I liked the About Us section on the homepage. Good luck with this! Time add something to my Christmas list...
  4. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Looks good. Best wishes on the new start up and good onya for stepping out there and taking a swing!
  5. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    I think it's pretty cool that the ADV Rockies riders all had some input into Ben's design. :thumb

I really like the front AND rear zippered leg vents, the flow though design should give great cooling in warmer weather. I agree with the all weather capability :nod

That's a 'smokin deal, if I took a large I'd be all over it.
  6. DirtyDR

DirtyDR Dana Supporter

Oddometer:
    PM sent on the pants. I will mountain test them this Winter for you.

[​IMG]
  7. singletrackslayer

singletrackslayer Legalize singletrack

Oddometer:
    I do believe i will be buying a pair in the somewhat near future.
  8. Junglerot

Junglerot /dev/null

Oddometer:
    I will be needing a serious pair of riding pants soon. These have made the short list. It would be great if there was a way to see them/try them on. Maybe if that flea market thing ever comes together?
  9. Crenshaw

Crenshaw Bum

Oddometer:
    Stuff looks awesome! Are you working on a jacket too?

Where is the stuff manufactured?
  10. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone, Im really excited to start getting some out there. They really are a 4 season pant and are perfect for the cold, yet work as well of most summer riding pants in the heat.

Someone has called dibs on the sample pair, Ill let DirtyDR know if it falls through as he's next in line.

Junglerot, I actaully am in the Springs from time to time riding with family. I am not sure when I will be down there next, but I will PM on my next trip and we can meet up so you can check the stuff out.

Thanks,
    ben
  11. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, the jacket is being worked on. When it comes out largely depends on how sales go with the current pants and jerseys.

The pants are manufactured here in the USA and all the materials are purchased from domestic suppliers. We are really proud of this becasue of the time and material costs associated with the pants, so it was challenging to find a good contractor. Also the design process (Pattern Drafting, etc) was done with all local Colorado companies.

The Jerseys are currently made in China. However as soon as volume increases they will be made in the USA too. The issue is that with a simple garment like a jersey you have to get into 500-1000+ units for the manufacturing costs to be reasonable in the US, so for now China was the only option:cry.

Thanks everyone,
    Ben
  12. Junglerot

Junglerot /dev/null

Oddometer:
    Cool :thumb
    Based on your sizing chart, I am right in between the small and med, so tha would be a big help :nod
  13. VozProto

VozProto Type A ADD w/ OCD

Oddometer:
    Let me know when you have a size ~34 available. Would love to give these a go and compare them to my Klim Dakar Pants
  14. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep a medium should work and I have plenty in stock, but use a tape measure just to be sure of waist size....

If you are in Denver I can meet you and bring all the sizes for you to try on.

Thanks Ben
  15. grayscale1

grayscale1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can you offer in custom sizes? My inseam is 38, waist 34.

Thanks
  16. VozProto

Oddometer:
    How much are they and do you have "tall" versions?
    I'm a ~33" waist and 34" inseam.

Yeah, I'm in the Wash Park area.
  17. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    The pants are $165 (plus 10% adv discount)

Sorry no custom sizes.

Right now I dont have any tall sizes. For the first order I only had enough money to have the standard lengths made.

33in wasit would be the top end of the small, which would probably be too short. If your true (measured with a tape) waist size is 34in or bigger it would be worth trying on the mediums and seeing how they fit. Inseam and waist sizing for jeans can be off several inches from what the actuall measurment is. often the waist is larger and the inseam shorter:huh, go figure....

I am about 210lbs 6'1"-6'2" and the medium fits me "ok" length wise, but certianly a tall would be much better.

So if you think the mediums would fit waist wise we can set up a time for you to try them on.
  18. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    Posted my first impressions here :deal

19. VozProto

Oddometer:
    Damn. A medium would likely be ok on the waist but I certainly need a taller inseam. The regular on the Klims for instance didnt cut it. :(

Maybe I'll try em on just for fit and finish, but I really need a longer leg.
    I am super excited for a quality and properly priced US made (even better.. LOCAL) option! :D
  20. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    RideFreak....Thanks for the review:clap

Ya, I hate to say it but these would be too short then. Send me a PM if you want to meet up some time and check them out anyway. If the pants I have now sell my plan is to introduce at least one tall size in the next batch.