Butler Maps & Rever - motorcycle maps & app for riders by riders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by eakins, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I put these maps in my top 10 2010 Christmas gift suggestions for my segment on www.sidestandup.com. I've purchased all that have been published and have used them to find some roads that I otherwise might not have taken. GREAT JOB on these maps.
  2. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  3. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    thanks.
    are you tim bowman? cool site! first time i've ever seen it? when are you on???
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    so. cal. maps have been printed and we're picking them up in the am! :freaky

order up we're shipping on friday.
    live the dream!
  5. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    excellent!
  6. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    thnx.
    i'm eagerly awaiting mine in the mail too as those guys live a few hours from me.

we're really excited about this one as it has been along time coming and the most work needed of any map. there are just that many more roads that need to be tested vrs other states. i've seen the full digital images and this map is packed with soooo much info it's unreal.

i gaurantee no one will be disapointed if they buy one! :thumb
    i'd love to hear some feedback when you get one in your hand.

up next is nor cal :clap
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    buy 2 maps and get free shipping till christmas:
    FR33SH1PP1NG
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    here's our so cal press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Butler Motorcycle Maps Shows Best California Roads

Eagle, CO—2010 — Butler Maps Inc., the maker of high quality motorcycle road maps releases new map for largest market in the United States. “Southern California is a motorcycling mecca and we are proud to offer a map that helps riders navigate to the best roads this part of the state has to offer,” says Butler Map’s Justin Bradshaw.

Butler Maps has hit the ground running in 2010 introducing maps for Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, and now Southern California. “Every state that we have personally ridden and mapped has it’s own special rides, Southern California just happens to have a lot of them, it’s truly impressive” says Bradshaw.

New for the Southern California map are roads Butler Maps calls ‘Paved Mountain Trails’ (PMTs). “Roads like this don’t really exist in many states, they are paved so they belong on our road maps, but they are kind of like a trail that you can take your road bike down,” says Bradshaw. Some are so narrow a bike and a car have a tough time passing each other. PMT’s are a very unique experience, they may not be for all bikes and all riders but find a good PMT on the right bike and it is hard to have more fun riding.

“We want people to use our maps and think, ‘these guys have really done their research.’ It took us years to research and ride just in Southern California and I think it shows in the product we have provided,” says Bradshaw. Planning a ride does not have to take hours on the internet, it
    can be as simple as opening up a map.

Southern California is not the end of the road for Butler Maps. “Any state that has worthy riding is a place we want to explore. Growth and innovation are important to us, more states, more maps, iPhone apps and GPS versions are all in the works,” adds Bradshaw.

#########
  9. Rapid Dog

Oddometer:
    Cooll...can't wait 'til they come out with the Cali dualsport version...:ricky
  10. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    court & justin are heading to nor cal on tuesday to finish out the costal riding & then it's map making time. :evil
  11. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    sounds like fun but i'm heading to mexico over christmas break.
  12. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    will you update this thread once it's ready?
  13. Rapid Dog

Oddometer:
    Got my SoCal map yesterday. Very nice indeed.
    I bought a Mad Map a couple weeks ago to compare. The Butler looks much more informative and moto focused. Easier to read as well.
    More later...
  14. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    of course. i'm counting the seconds as nor cal is one of my fav. places to ride. the reality is it won't be done till the spring. this winter we'll work on the mapping of it plus the washing backcountry map.
  15. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    thnx!
    find any new roads?

there is also a new cali town butler maps created because of an anomoly in the benchmark basemaps. can you find it? the name is very appropriate for so cal. :evil

16. Rapid Dog

Oddometer:
    I have to say, after fiddling with several brands of GPS' and finding them more pain than worth, it's nice to have a good old map on hand.
    I mean, GPS are great to put waypoints on and follow along while on the road, especially if your lost...and I get lost alot.

That being the case these Butler maps are great for planning out a tour or day ride and using the GPS for routing. Seems these two go hand in hand perfectly.
    Whodathunk? Evidently someone did.

What a plus a good 'moto map' is when (most) the good riding roads are already highlighted and the map itself doesn't shred at the creases!

I'm extremely happy with the So-Mid-Cal map. There are 3 levels of roads (Cartographical Data) in order of fun/thrill to ride. G1/G2/G3 and highlighted in accordance. Pretty neat!

Then there are 3 more catagories, and these are the ones I'm interested in:
    Lost Highways
    Paved Mountain Trails
    Rough Roads
    ...I'm in! :ricky

There's a load of data on the back as well. Highway descriptions with elevation charts, Climate Guides, a huge breakdown of the PMT's including road width, surface quality, GPS waypoints. Someone spent alot of time gathering tis data...I'm jealous.

Best part of the Butler maps is the legibility. Even the the blown-ups of prime rides are very easy to follow. Way better than a AAA or brand X map.
    There's nothing worse than trying to read a map on the side of the road with a helmet on in the wind when your into the autumn of your riding years.

By cracky, I can read this here map real good! :drif

I've got a cupboard full of road maps, and thus is by far the best one of the bunch. Best thing is it appears it will last a lifetime. Well, at least the rest of my lifetime...
  17. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    thnx rapiddog!
    glad you're diggin" it.
    we spent ALOT of time on this one and we're very happy how it came out.

just got a message from court butler, he's currently riding the western/lower edges of the sierras, below the 4k snow level.
    says there is gonna be a TON of awesome PMTs on the nor cal map!
  18. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    we now have a bunch of so cal dealers carrying Butler Maps and more to be added soon.
  19. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    Having never seen a Butler map, but wanting to, can anyone tell me where I can see one here in SW Idaho?
  20. scarter435

scarter435 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You can get a feel for them by going online; but for the price, they're well worth ordering just to see.