Marrakech bike rental?

Discussion in 'Africa & Mid East' started by hitmike, Dec 6, 2007.

1. hitmike

hitmike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will be traveling to Marrakech for business next week and would love to make the best of the opportunity and do some riding. Does any one know where I could rent a bike?

Thanks,

Mike
  2. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    As in Morocco, right? Might try posting in Outer Darkness if you don't find anything here.

Dave
  3. claferal

claferal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can rent a bike in Ouarzazarte. Also in Erfoud in the hotel Xaluca you can rent a Gas Gas 250 2T or a KTM 400 EXC
  4. Tybalt

Tybalt Living the dream! RTW trip has started

Oddometer:
    Just saw this.

I really wanted to rent a bike while I was there, but it took a long time to find anything. I ended up asking just one of the guys who wanted to know if I needed accomidation where I could find one. He took me down the main street (past the kartubula) out right across the street to a place that rents bikes and ATVs. it was about 40 dollars for 2 days (I haggled a lot) and I got a little 125 cc honda which was PERFECT! I went way out into the desert and national park.

I didn't find any bigger bikes though - heard there was some sort of excessive tax or something that so there are almost non non turist big bikes in Morocco.

let me know if you need any more help! I LOVE morocco and spent just over a month there on my last trip