The Return of my Elite 150!!

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Ken11, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Ken11

Ken11 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, so as you may or may not know, I have sold my Honda Elite 150 a few months ago to a buddy who was also a good car mechanic. He was looking for something old to work on, as he is getting into the motorcycle world from the automotive world.

And I got REAL tired of my Elite 150's inconsistency in power just like btcn's, and I, an auto mechanic, couldn't figure out the issue! So I just sold it to him for $20.

But recently I found out he never got around to working on it as his brother gave him an old CB350 to fix up, and he eventually lost interest in the Elite. So last night he gave it back to me!:evil

So after reading btcn's posts, I now know it is the CDI! So I am going to order one from monster scooter parts and get it going!:clap

I have many bikes and a Reflex, so I don't REALLY need it, but I though it would be fun to mess around on with friends. And maybe teaching some of my buddies who want to learn how to ride on as well! Since it is small and light.

So, I'll see if I can keep you updated. Maybe a pic if I can get a new camera! I broke my camera on a ride when it fell off of my CBR at 85 MPH! I have it but it is beyond repair.:cry. Real nice Sony cam too! But hopefully I can rack up the cash to get one, and my cell phone cam doesn't work either!

But I'll see if I can get it back on the road! It is a red 86 deluxe, and has 18,000K miles on it. It works fine other than the intermittency in power. But I think a new CDI will solve the issue.
  2. Hammerspur

Hammerspur Long timer

Oddometer:
    Keep us posted... :ear

Good luck with it and **>HAPPY HOLIDAYS<**
  3. Ken11

Ken11 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I have been real real busy!

But I got all the parts ordered! I got a Monster CDI like btcn, and I got new hoses/vaccume lines, new bulbs, plug, etc.

So I charged up the battery and turned her over. To my suprise after sitting all these months, she started right up:clap! I couldn't help but ride it around the block. Then I took it out on the road. I got it up to 58 MPH, but I couldn't get it past that! I sure hope that changes with the new CDI:evil! It is slow as hell off the line most of the time now.

So I am just waiting for the new parts, don't worry I'll try and keep you posted now!
  4. Ken11

Ken11 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Heres a Pic:

[​IMG]
  5. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool! You got your Elite back! Have fun on it!
  6. Ken11

Ken11 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am still waiting on the CDI, but I took it out for a short jaunt today after a long ride on my Harley. It was running like shit, backfiring, etc. But the CDI should get here within 2-5 days.:evil