BMW coming to Joliet??

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by MMMOTORCYCLE, Mar 9, 2011.

1. MMMOTORCYCLE

MMMOTORCYCLE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Someone told me they saw a billboard on I-55/Joliet Rd saying BMW motorcycle dealer coming soon.....

Anyone got some info?
  2. MRFRITZ

MRFRITZ advwannabe

Oddometer:
    Haven't paid attention ., but I'll take a ride tomorrow morning for a look-see and will let you know.
  3. BMWRich

BMWRich Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. Kevkor

Kevkor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sweet!
  5. Kevkor

Kevkor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounding like its true, Autobarn in Countryside.
  6. GSJon

GSJon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice. I had heard rumors about a new shop opening up in Joilet.
  7. MMMOTORCYCLE

MMMOTORCYCLE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also heard Countryside today as well.
  8. Kevkor

Kevkor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. careycsg

careycsg Tired. Almost ready to put RE in front of it

Oddometer:
    It is truly official. Richard Fisher, principal and owner of 7 import car dealerships under the Autobarn flag, will be opening BMW of Countryside on a planned date of April 29. Get ready for a BMW dealership the likes of which you have most likely not seen before! Location will be the corner of S. LaGrange Road & Joliet Road.

They will stock the complete line of BMW apparel with supplements from other soon to be named vendors. Look for Schuberth, Arai, Shoei in helmets and Sidi for boots. Held gloves and a full compliment of Olympia to start. Track days at Autobahn in Joliet, of which Richard is a founding member. Events galore! Service second to none! Aftermarket accessories in stock for the most popular applications. Tires at great prices with a huge in stock selection. Pick up and delivery service for those in need. A test ride program never before seen in the industry! The best coffee in Chicago from Metropolis to stop in and enjoy while browsing a library of every motorcycle publication, complimented with a building library of books and DVD's about all facets of motorcycling!

This will be impressive. All from an owner with a detailed past in motorcycling and motorcycle racing, whose passion for the sport is realized in his dream of opening a BMW motorcycle dealership. There will be a vast assortment of pre-owned makes from Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Triumph, MV Augusta and others. This man loves motorcycling as well as being a highly respected SCCA racecar driver. He can bring Road America to it's knees blinfolded! Stay tuned for more announcements of the grand opening, special events and promotions. Richard is an owner who is a rider, as well as all of the employees.

So you ask how does a self proclaimed luker from this forum with a low post count know so much? I am extremely proud to say that I was hired yesterday by Richard Fisher to be a part of this team. Some of you already know me from my involvement with the Chicago Region BMW Owners Association. I will be involved in numerous facets of the dealership from sales to merchandising, marketing and event planning. I hope I get to meet many of you who frequent this forum, being able to put a face to the name or avatar. We are open minded to your suggestions to make this dealership a resource for many products in addition to what we already have planned. This will be fun & I am very excited to be a part of what I am confident will be one of the most popular destinations for motorcycling in the midwest. Please PM me with your thoughts if you like. I will be very tuned in to following this forum and the many great contributors that take the time to post. See ya at Countryside!

Carey Caldwell
    847-571-0424
  10. GSJon

GSJon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the official information and update Carey.

I hope to be doing some business with you all soon. Or at least some browsing soon :)
  11. mnesci

mnesci Adventure Dad

Oddometer:
    Great to hear there will be an alternative to what we already have. I really dont like riding all the way to Barrington or downtown to get service done. Much closer means better service for many of us. My wife will be ahppy to not have to drive to far to pick me up after dropping off my bike. Same day service would also be great. Im hopeful!
  12. careycsg

Oddometer:
    Thanks for great comments. We will keep this updated as things further develop.
  13. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    Good news Carey! Best of luck in your new position!!
  14. careycsg

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jon. I am both excited and grateful. This place will rock. Trying to set up for ambassadors in area to be in attendance at grand opening. I will be in touch.
  15. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats Carey (and Richard)!! This is great news!

While the new ownership has very much turned Barrington around, I welcome another high quality dealer to the brand.
  16. careycsg

Oddometer:
    Both Jim & Lee at Cycle Werks have indeed, done an outstanding job turning around a dealership. They are really nice people and personal friends as well. They will continue to do a helluva job, even with Countryside up and running this May. Thanks for your positive comments.
  17. Expatriated

Expatriated Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll have to ride up from Indy and check that out. Sounds like a real dedicated motorsports guy and some good brands being carried. I wish you guys the best!!!!!
  18. careycsg

Oddometer:
    We look forward to doing business with riders from Indiana. As a single line new BMW motorcycle dealer, we are able able to dedicate more resources to a wider variety of apparel & asscesories. We are looking forward to meeting you and your riding associates.
  19. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer:
    Need a salesman?

:evil
  20. Marcin

Marcin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lady boss shopping at sams club and me at BMW how awesome is that :clap