GPX File Import Error to Basecamp - PONI

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by cmkaduce, Jul 6, 2013.

1. cmkaduce

cmkaduce Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

I am using a Zumo 660 with Basecamp.

I am able to successfully load a Google Map to Basecamp but the .gpx file cannot be exported to the Zumo because of all the points of no interest (PONIs).

I downloaded the PONI Killer and converted the file. The new file is saved as a .gpx file.

I receive an error message when I attempt to load the new .gpx file with PONIs removed to Basecamp.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me out?

Thanks
  2. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS

Oddometer:
    Import the KML file directly into BaseCamp then filter the Track(s) in BaseCamp. Your zumo660 can only handle Tracks with ≤650 points.

HELP -> Tracks -> Editing Points in a Track
    Filtering Track Points
    You can filter the points in a track to remove unwanted points and simplify the track.

NOTE: When you filter track points, the removed points are permanently deleted from the track.

1.Double-click a track.
    2.If necessary, hold Shift on your keyboard, and click the starting point and ending point of the range to be filtered.
    3.From the Properties tab, select Filter.
    4.Select the points to filter:
    •To filter the entire track, select Entire Track.
    •To filter only the range of points you selected, select Selected Track Points.​
    5.Select the filtering method:
    •To set a minimum time between points, select Time, and enter a value.
    •To set a minimum distance between points, select Distance, and enter a value.
    •To have BaseCamp adjust the number of points automatically, select Automatic, and adjust the slider.
    •To set a maximum number of evenly spaced points, select Maximum Points, and enter a value.​
  3. cmkaduce

cmkaduce Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dan. I will try that.